Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Religious Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   There are no atheists in foxholes. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1455434)

TKM 11-30-2012 04:32

There are no atheists in foxholes.
 
Followed to it's logical conclusion we wouldn't have war without religion.


Do we get a break if we don't use infantry?:dunno:

Bren 11-30-2012 04:54

Not sure what your point is - I know plenty of atheist infantrymen, including me, if that's it.

Gills63 11-30-2012 04:57

There are also no atheists with bombs strapped to their chests.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ricka10 11-30-2012 04:59

Most people worship themselves so I don't think we can get away from war. :dunno:

JBnTX 11-30-2012 05:09

There are no atheists in heaven either.

...and yes, you can blame that on religion also....:rofl:

..

JBnTX 11-30-2012 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKM (Post 19684138)

Followed to it's logical conclusion we wouldn't have war without religion...


The term "There are no atheists in foxholes" refers to the fact that under great stress and faced with possible death, everyone turns to God.

If you want to instantly turn an atheist into a born again believer,
just put a gun to his head and cock the hammer.

Watch how fast he starts praying.

..

Bren 11-30-2012 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19684181)
The term "There are no atheists in foxholes" refers to the fact that under great stress and faced with possible death, everyone turns to God.

If you want to instantly turn an atheist into a born again believer,
just put a gun to his head and cock the hammer.

Watch how fast he starts praying.

..

You are wrong. Only christians believe you're right and only because they want to. I have faced danger and death more times than most christians ever will. "Getting religion" is a myth you people came up with to make you feel better about being scared of dying. I recently posted in another thread, my observation that, contrary to what you'd expect, christians seem unusually afraid of death. Maybe muslims have more faith than you guys?

Keyhole 11-30-2012 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19684181)
The term "There are no atheists in foxholes" refers to the fact that under great stress and faced with possible death, everyone turns to God.

If you want to instantly turn an atheist into a born again believer,
just put a gun to his head and cock the hammer.

Watch how fast he starts praying.

..

Wow. That was mind-numbingly ignorant.
:shocked:

English 11-30-2012 07:19

I used to fly sailplanes and one of my fellow pilots could not understand how I could fly a sailplane and be an atheist. The idea that there are no atheists in foxholes is a similar lack of imagination from the religious.

English

Japle 11-30-2012 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX:
The term "There are no atheists in foxholes" refers to the fact that under great stress and faced with possible death, everyone turns to God.

If you want to instantly turn an atheist into a born again believer,
just put a gun to his head and cock the hammer.

Watch how fast he starts praying.
Yeah, right. Tell yourself that if it makes you feel better, but it’s not true. In my 27 years of military service, I was in several situations I didn’t think I was going to get out of alive. It never occurred to me to pray. Why would an Atheist pray? Who would I pray to? There’s no one on the other end, you know!

JBnTX 11-30-2012 08:11

There Are No Atheists In Foxholes
http://www.conservapedia.com/There_A...ts_In_Foxholes

Reverend William T. Cummings, who served at Bataan, is famous for declaring "There are no atheists in foxholes."

Chaplain F.W. Lawson of the 302d Machine Gun Battalion, who was wounded twice in wartime, declared "I doubt if there is such a thing as an atheist. At least there isn't in a front line trench."

Henry More wrote: "In agony or danger, no nature is atheist.
The mind that knows not what to fly to, flies to God."


President Dwight D. Eisenhower declared in remarks broadcast from the White House as part of a February 7, 1954 American Legion Program:
"As a former soldier, I am delighted that our veterans are sponsoring a movement to increase our awareness of God in our daily lives. In battle, they learned a great truth-that there are no atheists in the foxholes. They know that in time of test and trial, we instinctively turn to God for new courage…Whatever our individual church, whatever our personal creed, our common faith in God is a common bond among us.


..

Glock36shooter 11-30-2012 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19684181)
The term "There are no atheists in foxholes" refers to the fact that under great stress and faced with possible death, everyone turns to God.

If you want to instantly turn an atheist into a born again believer,
just put a gun to his head and cock the hammer.

Watch how fast he starts praying.

..

You're so full of crap you stink. You have ZERO proof that ALL Atheists convert under pressure.

Glock36shooter 11-30-2012 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyhole (Post 19684294)
Wow. That was mind-numbingly ignorant.
:shocked:

You're being kind. Ignorant just means someone is unaware willfully or otherwise.

He's just stupid.

Bren 11-30-2012 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19684416)
There Are No Atheists In Foxholes
http://www.conservapedia.com/There_A...ts_In_Foxholes

Reverend William T. Cummings, who served at Bataan, is famous for declaring "There are no atheists in foxholes."

Chaplain F.W. Lawson of the 302d Machine Gun Battalion, who was wounded twice in wartime, declared "I doubt if there is such a thing as an atheist. At least there isn't in a front line trench."

Henry More wrote: "In agony or danger, no nature is atheist.
The mind that knows not what to fly to, flies to God."


President Dwight D. Eisenhower declared in remarks broadcast from the White House as part of a February 7, 1954 American Legion Program:
"As a former soldier, I am delighted that our veterans are sponsoring a movement to increase our awareness of God in our daily lives. In battle, they learned a great truth-that there are no atheists in the foxholes. They know that in time of test and trial, we instinctively turn to God for new courage…Whatever our individual church, whatever our personal creed, our common faith in God is a common bond among us.


..

Which just adds more proof to what I said.

Go over to Lake Hypatia, Alabama and there is even a war memorial for "atheists in foxholes." Maybe you can check in with the "Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers" (MAAF).

JBnTX 11-30-2012 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyhole (Post 19684294)

Wow. That was mind-numbingly ignorant.
:shocked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock36shooter (Post 19684435)

You're so full of crap you stink.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock36shooter (Post 19684439)

He's just stupid.


There's only two kinds of people in this world:
Those who believe in God, and those who will.

snowbird 11-30-2012 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19684565)
There's only two kinds of people in this world:
Those who believe in God, and those who will.

Good posts; you're trying to reach the heathen, but they're sticking their fingers in their ears, going, "La,la, la, la, I can't hear you, la, la, la, la". Come Judgement Day, they won't be able to say nobody tried to warn them.

Japle 11-30-2012 11:06

Let me tell you a little story:
2 Feb 1972 on the Vietnam/Cambodia border west of Buon Ma Thuot.

I was with another sniper, observing one of the thousands of trails that made up the “Ho Chi Minh trail”. A PFC with the radio was providing rear security to the south. Unknown to us, he took a nap in the sun and didn’t wake up until a reinforced NVA company was almost on top of him. He jumped up and ran over the hill toward us, followed by the NVA soldiers. Long story short, we ended up in a jumble of rocks with a shot-up radio, surrounded and outnumbered 40-to-1. The NVA Weapons Platoon set up mortars and started dropping bombs on us. At no time during this did I start praying. I was too busy trying to stay alive to think about some mythical being in the clouds.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.