Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gun-Control Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   And NBC Sports just weighed in on gun Control (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1455847)

SFW 12-02-2012 21:04

And NBC Sports just weighed in on gun Control

Wow. So watch the Cowboys game and Bob Cotas just opened his mouth about gun control. Stick to football bob.

Jerry 12-03-2012 02:16

Remember when football was a "MAN'S game. When player actually "tried" to hurt the other team and the cheerleaders did a half time shows for "the guys". The liberals have even pussified football. :faint:

FrankZ 12-03-2012 07:59

I don't know how Costas can look himself in the mirror every day after broadcasting sports that glorify deadly weapons. Ban baseball, those bats kill.

It was an absolutely horrible piece of propoganda that should get him fired.

ccrider61 12-03-2012 09:41

email nbc and complain nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

calthrope 12-03-2012 15:44

Thanks for admitting me to the forum

This topic drew me to the Forum after I heard Bob.....he should have consulted OJ Simpson's wife and Ron Goldman about the "gun" that killed them. It couldn't have been a knife, Bob?:faint:

dp2002813 12-03-2012 16:45

Email NBC is a good idea.

Email the advertiser for NBC sports and that will get NBC's attention.

Chris Brines 12-03-2012 17:42

What a stupid libtard pantywaste. Seriously.

bonehead098 12-03-2012 17:53

Libturd needs to stick to SPORTS commentary & stay away from things he's not educated in, nor qualified to comment on.

seed 12-03-2012 18:04

I e-mailed this to them:

I was dismayed to learn that your sports broadcast is apparently being used as a pulpit for one man's opinion regarding a political manner about which he is woefully unqualified and or informed to offer any argument, especially in a broadcast format completely unrelated to the subject matter to which he opined. Imagine, if you will if he forms an opinion on another subject matter for another broadcast and decides that it too deserves the attention he can garner it in his weighty capacity during other half-time reports. This is not the place for this and he is not the representative of his viewers and or your corporation, nor its sponsors on this matter, nor any others, and yet Mr. Costas decided to unsolicitily express his personal view on a complex subject to which he espouses to have some sort of expertise. Without expanding into the arguments on the subject, I can offer to you that reacting so swiftly and over-focussed on one aspect of an issue does not account for the intricacies and opposing viewpoints that explain the political struggle that has occurred for so long as a result. Nor does it offer anything more than cold comfort for those of us who have been victimized by crime which was or could have been averted with a level playing field offered by defensive means currently legal in this country. In fact, just this morning my own mother had to ward off home invaders who attempted to kick in her front door. Mr. Costas' opinion notwithstanding, she will be able to defend herself should they or others return. I only fear that the future will disallow such means should Mr. Costas see the day that his opinion over-rides my family's personal choice to protect ourselves.

That was it. And no, I was not lying about my mom. That really did happen this morning.

intecooler 12-03-2012 18:13

I missed it but have the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3_sXZStoI

I really hope they fire the crap out of him. Maybe he will get some death threats and purchase one himself.

bonehead098 12-03-2012 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by seed (Post 19696744)
I e-mailed this to them:

I was dismayed to learn that your sports broadcast is apparently being used as a pulpit for one man's opinion regarding a political manner about which he is woefully unqualified and or informed to offer any argument, especially in a broadcast format completely unrelated to the subject matter to which he opined. Imagine, if you will if he forms an opinion on another subject matter for another broadcast and decides that it too deserves the attention he can garner it in his weighty capacity during other half-time reports. This is not the place for this and he is not the representative of his viewers and or your corporation, nor its sponsors on this matter, nor any others, and yet Mr. Costas decided to unsolicitily express his personal view on a complex subject to which he espouses to have some sort of expertise. Without expanding into the arguments on the subject, I can offer to you that reacting so swiftly and over-focussed on one aspect of an issue does not account for the intricacies and opposing viewpoints that explain the political struggle that has occurred for so long as a result. Nor does it offer anything more than cold comfort for those of us who have been victimized by crime which was or could have been averted with a level playing field offered by defensive means currently legal in this country. In fact, just this morning my own mother had to ward off home invaders who attempted to kick in her front door. Mr. Costas' opinion notwithstanding, she will be able to defend herself should they or others return. I only fear that the future will disallow such means should Mr. Costas see the day that his opinion over-rides my family's personal choice to protect ourselves.

That was it. And no, I was not lying about my mom. That really did happen this morning.

I hope that your mom is OK.

seed 12-03-2012 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonehead098 (Post 19696800)
I hope that your mom is OK.

Thanks. She is. Before the incident today, she was anti-2A...not anymore. She wants me to take her to the range and teach her how to shoot, with of course all the safety procedures involved.

GMT 12-03-2012 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by seed (Post 19696824)
Thanks. She is. Before the incident today, she was anti-2A...not anymore. She wants me to take her to the range and teach her how to shoot, with of course all the safety procedures involved.

One at the time. One at the time.

GlockinNJ 12-03-2012 20:11

Bob Costas is a toolbag. The fact that no one has put a bullet in his head yet is proof that gun ownership doesn't necessarily lead to violent crime.

Guns don't kill people, Bob.

DFin 12-03-2012 20:32

Turn it against him. If enough people tell NBC they refuse to watch any broadcast of Costas and tell sellers, advertising during Costas broadcasts, that they refuse to buy their products and will buy the competitions products instead maybe we can cost Costas some air time.

CharlieDelta127 12-03-2012 21:01

For anyone interested, this is NBC's mailing address:

NBC News
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10112

1gewehr 12-04-2012 09:50

Remind me again what caliber knife Bob's good buddy OJ Simpson used?