Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carry Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Shoulder Holsters (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1458252)

JAS104 12-17-2012 17:06

Shoulder Holsters
 
Hey guys,

I'm looking to invest in a good shoulder holster. I have an Uncle Mikes that someone on here sent me, but I'm looking to get a good leather ones. Any suggestions? I've seen a bunch of Galco ones online but looking to get some help from you guys. Thanks

JAS

DRJ1911 12-17-2012 21:35

I have a Galco for my HK's. It works very well and is very well made but I don't use it much I prefer belt carry.

Doyle

HexHead 12-17-2012 21:51

I have a Galco Jackass I like a lot. Very comfortable and conceals well under a jacket or hoodie.

yellowhand 12-17-2012 22:22

My wife just bought me a Glaco Jackass rig off Amazon for 121.00 total to the door, great shoulder rig.

JAS104 12-18-2012 08:06

Whats the difference between the Jackass and the Miami or Miami II? I cant see any notable difference online:dunno:

ranger1968 12-18-2012 08:14

The Miami Classic has a little more coverage than the Jackass, and the Miami II has an open top mag carrier instead of the enclosed mag pouches .

Get the Miami Classic, it's the best of the three.

The Retired Sarge 12-18-2012 08:21

My choice in shoulder holsters is "The Undertaker" by High Noon. Well worth serious consideration www.highnoonholsters.com
Bill

Rio Vista Slim 12-18-2012 09:21

I own both the High Noon Holsters "Undertaker" and a Galco Jackass Shoulder rig.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_3545.jpg
High Noon Holster "Undertaker" w/ Colt Commander.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_2094.jpg
Galco Jackass Shoulder Holsters w/Colt Commander.

Both of these shoulder holsters are extremely comfortable, and each allows me to cant the pistol in a slightly grip-down configuration. Of the two, I probably wear the Galco a bit more, although I only wear shoulder rigs in extremely cold weather, as a cover garment is absolutely mandatory, and it doesn't get that cold here in my part of Texas.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_4345.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_4346.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_4347.jpg

KentuckyPatriot 12-18-2012 10:20

There is a website that escapes me at the moment which shows a double-holster rig for carrying 2 j-frames.

A buddy of mine introduced me to his Galco rig that he put together which allowed him to carry two j-frames. I liked it so much that I bought the pieces and assembled my own rig and bought a new j-frame to fill the package.

Depending on what size firearm you want to carry you can do so under a tucked in shirt. Dark colors or patterns will help break up any outline, but with my size and the j-frame size I can conceal under a typical dress shirt.

No hugging allowed! :rofl:

JAS104 12-18-2012 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rio Vista Slim (Post 19749449)
I own both the High Noon Holsters "Undertaker" and a Galco Jackass Shoulder rig.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_3545.jpg
High Noon Holster "Undertaker" w/ Colt Commander.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_2094.jpg
Galco Jackass Shoulder Holsters w/Colt Commander.

Both of these shoulder holsters are extremely comfortable, and each allows me to cant the pistol in a slightly grip-down configuration. Of the two, I probably wear the Galco a bit more, although I only wear shoulder rigs in extremely cold weather, as a cover garment is absolutely mandatory, and it doesn't get that cold here in my part of Texas.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_4345.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_4346.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_4347.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post these pictures, they really helped :wavey:

JAS104 12-19-2012 12:53

I ended up buying the Galco Miami Classic Shoulder Holster in brown from Cabelas. $154.99 with free shipping. Will let you guys know

TSAX 12-19-2012 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS104 (Post 19754646)
I ended up buying the Galco Miami Classic Shoulder Holster in brown from Cabelas. $154.99 with free shipping. Will let you guys know

I used this one in the military and it work well.






:50cal:

JAS104 12-19-2012 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSA (Post 19754698)
I used this one in the military and it work well.






:50cal:

How concealable is it?

xmanhockey7 12-19-2012 14:03

Galco Miami Classic for me. To answer the conceal-ability question I'd say it depends on what you wear and what gun you carry. If I wear a button up short sleeve shirt I can't carry my Glock 22 while seated because it tends to poke out quite a bit. But if I carry my Springfield XDm 3.8c that is not an issue at all. Also if I put on even a light jacket the G22 disappears in all situations.

TSAX 12-19-2012 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS104 (Post 19754858)
How concealable is it?

It was mandatory we wore it outside our uniform while working in the armory and control center. It work well for me in that circumstance. On conceal ability it depends on the persons size, dress, what strap adjustments they make and gun type. We carried a full size Beretta 92 and it would not have work well for conceal carry for me however we did have some people who in did conceal it in civilian clothes fine.

We also had an Uncle Mikes one to test as a cheaper alternative because we were starting to have more of our budget go into other areas. The Uncle Mikes one was last scene in the corner under some table in a heap of dust.





:50cal:

SCmasterblaster 12-19-2012 18:21

I have a shoulder holster for my G17. I may use it soon.

Bill Lumberg 12-21-2012 14:46

Galco set the standard for shoulder rigs. The MC is best, but the MCII and Jackass are excellent as well. Uncle Mike's Pro Pac shoulder rig is the worst excuse for a shoulder rig I have ever encountered, and I've tried a bunch. Shoulder rigs are rarely a go-to holster except in cold climates, or when doing a great deal of driving. The most common mistake by folks new to shoulder rigs is to adjust the rig (or fail to adjust the rig) so that the gun is closer to the belt than the armpit. As high into the armpit as is comfortable is the proper adjustment, lending to greater stability, concealment, and reduction of sway or travel of the harness when the user bends over or to the side. Unless you want your shoulder rig to also function as suspenders, tie downs are normally not necessary. The VHS is a great galco product as well.

JAS104 12-21-2012 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg (Post 19763730)
Galco set the standard for shoulder rigs. The MC is best, but the MCII and Jackass are excellent as well. Uncle Mike's Pro Pac shoulder rig is the worst excuse for a shoulder rig I have ever encountered, and I've tried a bunch. Shoulder rigs are rarely a go-to holster except in cold climates, or when doing a great deal of driving. The most common mistake by folks new to shoulder rigs is to adjust the rig (or fail to adjust the rig) so that the gun is closer to the belt than the armpit. As high into the armpit as is comfortable is the proper adjustment, lending to greater stability, concealment, and reduction of sway or travel of the harness when the user bends over or to the side. Unless you want your shoulder rig to also function as suspenders, tie downs are normally not necessary. The VHS is a great galco product as well.

I'm glad someone said that tie downs weren't entirely necessary. I've been told time and time again GET TIE DOWNS so its nice to think I have a complete rig on the way to me and I dont need to go back, buy tie downs, wait 3-5 days, then have a complete holster, hah.
Thanks

SCmasterblaster 12-23-2012 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rio Vista Slim (Post 19749449)
I own both the High Noon Holsters "Undertaker" and a Galco Jackass Shoulder rig.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_3545.jpg
High Noon Holster "Undertaker" w/ Colt Commander.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_2094.jpg
Galco Jackass Shoulder Holsters w/Colt Commander.

Both of these shoulder holsters are extremely comfortable, and each allows me to cant the pistol in a slightly grip-down configuration. Of the two, I probably wear the Galco a bit more, although I only wear shoulder rigs in extremely cold weather, as a cover garment is absolutely mandatory, and it doesn't get that cold here in my part of Texas.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_4345.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_4346.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...m/IMG_4347.jpg

Very nice-looking rigs.

BADOS 12-24-2012 10:25

Have had my Galco "Jackass" for 20 years. Great holster, high quality, wears really well and is comfortable.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.