Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Caliber Corner (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   9mm guys, will you switch in a post-ban era? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1458704)

SoldMyHat 12-19-2012 14:39

9mm guys, will you switch in a post-ban era?
 
So, a majority of the debate in 9mm vs 45acp comes to capacity vs power. I know there are other arguments, but that's what I hear the most. So my question is, if a 10 round magazine limit is instated, will you switch to 40sw or 45acp or stay with 9mm in handguns that can hold 10 in either caliber?

I am kind of leaning that, if I can only have 10, I might as well have the biggest 10 I can.

garjc90 12-19-2012 14:45

I would go with .357 sig... If im limited to only 10 rds

TSAX 12-19-2012 14:55

You make a good question to ponder. I dont think many would change over but some would consider/look at it. Plus are they gonna ban new sales or completely restrict 10+ mags. Heck some companies dont even make 10 rounders but may have to soon. Everyone is anxious about this possible AWB.

In the last ban people were able to keep their "hi-caps" if they were bought before the ban.







:50cal:

cowboy1964 12-19-2012 14:55

I will have plenty of hi-cap mags so it's really not going to be a factor. Now if I were just starting out and was limited to 10 I would probably go with .45 in a full size gun, but the other calibers would still have a place in subcompacts.

Merkavaboy 12-19-2012 16:06

Would I switch? No.

Glockdude1 12-19-2012 16:10

No.

:cool:

SoldMyHat 12-19-2012 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSA (Post 19755303)
You make a good question to ponder. I dont think many would change over but some would consider/look at it. Plus are they gonna ban new sales or completely restrict 10+ mags. Heck some companies dont even make 10 rounders but may have to soon. Everyone is anxious about this possible AWB.

In the last ban people were able to keep their "hi-caps" if they were bought before the ban.







:50cal:

Probably grandfather in stuff, but with a no-sale and no-will clause. And if you shoot em, mags wear out, break, start to malfunction. I am sure repair parts will be illegal as well.

9mm +p+ 12-19-2012 16:50

Already have before this BS even started, 40 and 45 here.

Berto 12-19-2012 16:52

No. I like 9mm.

LASTRESORT20 12-19-2012 17:01

NO ....

9mm is Good for many

packinaglock 12-19-2012 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by garjc90 (Post 19755270)
I would go with .357 sig... If im limited to only 10 rds

I've been thinking about this the last couple of days and came up with this answer as well.

glockfanbob 12-19-2012 17:29

No as my carry gun is a g26 as it is.

fredj338 12-19-2012 17:32

Living in Kommifornia, we have been stuck w/ 10+1 for some time. My XD45c is the same size as a G19, same round count out here. When, not if, we return to the AWB & 10rd mags, you'll see a significant drop in full size guns being sold. It happened last time. That was when the compct boom started. Why carry a G17 w/ 10+1, when you can carry a G26, etc. If you can shoot a larger caliber, round count will no longer be a deciding factor.
IMO, start planning for it, the AWB will be a permanent law next year. I hate to say I told you, but for all those that just had to vote their conscious instead of Romney. PBO was just waiting for something like this to happen so they could capitalize on it & they will. So now we get a more severe gun control & a crappy Euro style economy. Thank a liberal or libertarian for this one.:steamed:

Dukeboy01 12-19-2012 17:35

I'll stick with 9mm and a G26 most of the time.

packinaglock 12-19-2012 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredj338 (Post 19755959)
Living in Kommifornia, we have been stuck w/ 10+1 for some time. My XD45c is the same size as a G19, same round count out here. When, not if, we return to the AWB & 10rd mags, you'll see a significant drop in full size guns being sold. It happened last time. That was when the compct boom started. Why carry a G17 w/ 10+1, when you can carry a G26, etc. If you can shoot a larger caliber, round count will no longer be a deciding factor.
IMO, start planning for it, the AWB will be a permanent law next year. I hate to say I told you, but for all those that just had to vote their conscious instead of Romney. PBO was just waiting for something like this to happen so they could capitalize on it & they will. So now we get a more severe gun control & a crappy Euro style economy. Thank a liberal or libertarian for this one.:steamed:

Exactly!!! :steamed:

GlockPride 12-19-2012 17:58

I'll stick with my 9's: the compact, full size and long slide.

Indianashooter 12-19-2012 17:59

I've got plenty of magazine for my Glock 19 & 20 and my Beretta 92FS.
If I had to, I'd carry my GP-100 with extra speed loaders. See the sheeples eyes pop open when they see that strapped to my waist! :supergrin:

NDCent 12-19-2012 18:02

They don't make extended mags for my .25 cal. Raven, so, I'm good to go as is.

M 7 12-19-2012 18:36

Having lived through the '94 AWB, I have acquired several lifetimes worth of 17 round G17 magazines and will be sticking with the 9mm for the foreseeable future regardless of what the jerks in DC do to us.

SCmasterblaster 12-19-2012 18:44

Yes, indeed. When the new AWB gets passed, my 32-ounce G17 will get replaced by a 48-ounce Springfield Armory M1911A1 .45 pistol with nine rounds of +p 255gr LSWC at 860 FPS. I'll have to wait another ten-years for the AWBII to expire.

BuckyP 12-19-2012 18:45

One thing to consider, is how well the neutered mags perform. The ten rounders seem to work ok in my 17 / 34, but not as reliable in my 22 and 35. YMMV. Some of the other brands 10 rounders didn't seem as we'll made as the standard caps.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

SoldMyHat 12-19-2012 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by M 7 (Post 19756277)
Having lived through the '94 AWB, I have acquired several lifetimes worth of 17 round G17 magazines and will be sticking with the 9mm for the foreseeable future regardless of what the jerks in DC do to us.

I like your style. Unfortunately I am new to handgunning so I have not been as fortunate to stock up normal capacity magazines.

BuckyP 12-19-2012 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster (Post 19756307)
Yes, indeed. When the new AWB gets passed, my 32-ounce G17 will get replaced by a 48-ounce Springfield Armory M1911A1 .45 pistol with nine rounds of +p 255gr LSWC at 860 FPS. I'll have to wait another ten-years for the AWBII to expire.

I'm betting there will be no sunset in AWB 2.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

TSAX 12-19-2012 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredj338 (Post 19755959)
Living in Kommifornia, we have been stuck w/ 10+1 for some time. .:steamed:

Lived there for a long time and still visit often so I still have my 10 rounders. Hopefully they do some kinda of grandfather in plan if this AWB passes but you never know especially since many more have hi caps now then when the first ban was out plus everyone going out to buy them may be for not. Who knows, Im sure there will be also a trial and error with this new law and I dont know if they know the large scope of enforcing it.






:50cal:

TSAX 12-19-2012 18:48

Heck anyone could just take apart the mag and when needed they would just put it back together and not care for the law if something were to happen. You think if a criminal is gonna do something bad their gonna stop and grab a 10 rounder because they respect that law and not the murder laws.

If a bad guy dosent care about murder/robbery/assault laws, why they hell would they care about a hi cap mag ban.

:brickwall:






:50cal:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.