Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gun-Control Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Gun confiscation!!! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1460146)

dvrdwn72 12-26-2012 10:42

Gun confiscation!!!

Okay, I see the mad rush at all the lgs to purchase ar's ak's ammo,mags, etc etc.How many would participate in a mandatory buy back? Now im reaching but,,, lets say the fed decides to "confiscate" firearms on a ban list, how would they go about it??? UN, our troops, local pd, atf,dhs,fbi???? Who in all honestly would comply? Lets start with local pd's, do we really think that they would do a door to door? Would they say oh, hell no were not doing that, would it depend on which state? Would the fed flood the country with agents? I will say I believe if the "UN" comes in then we have a very big problem, foreign troops on American soil, participating in something that is in direct violation of the U.S. constitution.
I just wonder how far this could go. Is it just alot of political talk to make it sound like they are trying to please their constituants? Will the awb of the 90's just be reintroduced? Where what is out there already is grandfathered? I wonder if anything will even come of this as it might just be left up to the states to decide.
Sorry for the long rant, im off this week, its raining out and im just bored, so lets hear it?

TangoFoxtrot 12-26-2012 17:47

Maybe for the rest of America! They are not confiscating my guns! I'll be dead or in federal prison first.

NEVRL8T 12-26-2012 17:52

I don't think I would want to be going door to door trying to take guns from the hillbillies in Kentucky, the Appalachians or south Arkansas.

jdavionic 12-26-2012 18:08

I don't see confiscation being a viable nationwide option. The amount of resources required would be well beyond what I believe we (as a nation) are capable of, especially when you think that it would not be wise to send just 1 LE person to each residence.

If retroactive, I would expect the law would require you to turn them in or risk a significant fine & or jail. Then, you'd be unable to use them at the range, be in trouble if you possessed one in a traffic stop or some other unrelated encounter with LE, etc. Basically they would work to purge them from being in the hands of citizens by intimidation and attrition.

dvrdwn72 12-26-2012 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19783076)
I don't see confiscation being a viable nationwide option. The amount of resources required would be well beyond what I believe we (as a nation) are capable of, especially when you think that it would not be wise to send just 1 LE person to each residence.

If retroactive, I would expect the law would require you to turn them in or risk a significant fine & or jail. Then, you'd be unable to use them at the range, be in trouble if you possessed one in a traffic stop or some other unrelated encounter with LE, etc. Basically they would work to purge them from being in the hands of citizens by intimidation and attrition.

This is what I was thinking. I only see it happening in the left states.

Calhoun123 12-26-2012 19:30

Ever heard of things like DUI checkpoints; insurance checkpoints, seat belt check points, Terry stops, etc. They will get you when you least expect it. They will make it so your only option is to hide it away or bury it. Using it will not be an option. You want even be able to talk about it without fear of being informed on for cash via crime stoppers.

janice6 12-26-2012 19:32

What guns? No one has guns here, this is a social club.

jdavionic 12-26-2012 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calhoun123 (Post 19783389)
Ever heard of things like DUI checkpoints; insurance checkpoints, seat belt check points, Terry stops, etc. They will get you when you least expect it. They will make it so your only option is to hide it away or bury it. Using it will not be an option. You want even be able to talk about it without fear of being informed on for cash via crime stoppers.

Yep...if you are caught hunting with one, you get in trouble. If you use one in self defense, you get in trouble.

concretefuzzynuts 12-26-2012 20:02

This will not happen this go round. Git yer panties out of a wad.

barth 12-26-2012 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by janice6 (Post 19783397)
What guns? No one has guns here, this is a social club.

We all like to talk big.
Stories around the camp fire.
The fish was this big.

But much like Big Foot, it's just a legend.
Privately owned guns?

No way.....

FireForged 12-29-2012 11:29

Nobody came to get guns in 1934
Nobody came to get guns in 1968
NObody came to get guns in 1989
Nobody came to get guns in 1994

and Nobody will come to get guns in 2013

jdavionic 12-29-2012 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireForged (Post 19793499)
Nobody came to get guns in 1934
Nobody came to get guns in 1968
NObody came to get guns in 1989
Nobody came to get guns in 1994

and Nobody will come to get guns in 2013

They don't have the resources and there is no need to add the resources. They are working to criminalize those who own them by forcing you to register each one and pay money to retain the ownership. Combine this tactic with ammunition restrictions, and they are working to make ownership as difficult as possible.

There's no need to bang on doors. There are much more cost effective and safer ways to accomplish the same goal - impose further restrictions on our rights.

danNiB-X 12-29-2012 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19793538)
They don't have the resources and there is no need to add the resources. They are working to criminalize those who own them by forcing you to register each one and pay money to retain the ownership. Combine this tactic with ammunition restrictions, and they are working to make ownership as difficult as possible.

There's no need to bang on doors. There are much more cost effective and safer ways to accomplish the same goal - impose further restrictions on our rights.

You are right sir, this will only push things into the shadows and alleys. The black market will surge so on and so forth. Politicians, especially the ones we have now are a joke. They no longer represent the people...Everyday our dynasty merges further and further away from the path. Hate to say it but, our dynasty will fall...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

danNiB-X 12-29-2012 12:05

Disregard

Dalton Wayne 12-29-2012 12:18

Ammo been buying it cheap and stacking it deep, I could see this coming a year ago.
I'm set I can only use one gun at at time, my AK is configured for self defense with a few parts change I can configure it for hunting, and I do hunt with it.
They won't go door to door they know it would result in a civil uprising of gun owners.
I don't think as this bill is in it's current form has a snowballs chance in hell of passing
just my 2 cents

WinterWizard 12-29-2012 12:39

If there is a mandatory buy-back/confiscation situation, hypthetically, I am sure I will have sold my guns before then. Sorry, no guns here, Officer... :)

dukeblue91 12-29-2012 15:09

Although I don't think it will come to this at least not yet.
If it ever would come to this I would do one of 3 things.

a: hide them all.
b: join a militia "most likely"
c: sell all my guns and ammo to the biggest militia for $1 and legal private transfer and tell the feds to go pound sand.

Dalton Wayne 12-30-2012 01:52

If they come to take our guns just shoot em in the face so the relatives can't have an open casket

TactiCool 12-30-2012 02:20

Just paint orange tips on all of them. "It's ok sir, they're only replicas..." :whistling:

TangoFoxtrot 12-30-2012 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19783076)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19783442)
Yep...if you are caught hunting with one, you get in trouble. If you use one in self defense, you get in trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19793538)

All of the above statements are absolutely correct! This is exactly how its going to be done...Not by door to door confiscation.