Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Midwest Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Let's hear it IL guys, we finally getting CCW? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461979)

21 Glock salute 01-03-2013 18:28

Let's hear it IL guys, we finally getting CCW?
 
I just heard pretty recently that the 7th circuit court knocked IL's "No issue" policy down. :supergrin: What do my fellow Illinoisans have to say? Any chance it'll become "shall issue" or do you think it'll be the abominable "may issue" kind of goofball rules that can only happen in liberal utopias?

Thornhammer 01-06-2013 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21 Glock salute (Post 19816541)
I just heard pretty recently that the 7th circuit court knocked IL's "No issue" policy down. :supergrin: What do my fellow Illinoisans have to say? Any chance it'll become "shall issue" or do you think it'll be the abominable "may issue" kind of goofball rules that can only happen in liberal utopias?

I think we're not going to get exactly what we want for quite some time.

Quinn is going to drag his feet until the last possible minute, and we'll get something unbelievably restrictive.

It will be taken back to court, and the state will be given another X months to fix things. More dragging feet and a minor change. Lather, rinse, repeat.

LuckyNemo 01-07-2013 02:43

I'm sure hoping so.....been trying to stay positive but its so hard to.

21 Glock salute 02-24-2013 10:31

Well guys it's taking a while, but Madigan's appeal got knocked down. We're getting there, little bit by little bit. Keep up the fight! I'll see you all at IGOLD day this March!

hotpig 02-24-2013 21:15

The gun grabbers filed their version last night. May issue, AWB, Hi Cap and replacement parts ban, 50 cal and its ammo ban. Includes registration, increased back ground checks, Fees from gun owners to help pay for new enforcement ie confiscation. Increased penelties for not registering or reporting lost or stolen guns and gun locks if you have anyone under 18 that has access to your house.

Pretty much they threw everything into the pot with the hope it will stick. 200 pages of garbage.

fepowered 03-31-2013 18:47

Good luck to you all!! I know what it is like to be close to getting one.
I am sure hoping that IL recognizes WI once you finally get a CCW process in place.

RYT 2BER 04-01-2013 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotpig (Post 20028470)
The gun grabbers filed their version last night. May issue, AWB, Hi Cap and replacement parts ban, 50 cal and its ammo ban. Includes registration, increased back ground checks, Fees from gun owners to help pay for new enforcement ie confiscation. Increased penelties for not registering or reporting lost or stolen guns and gun locks if you have anyone under 18 that has access to your house.

Pretty much they threw everything into the pot with the hope it will stick. 200 pages of garbage.

50 cal and its ammo ban... I love this...

I think I read a study that said nobody on American soil has ever been hurt/killed by 50 cal...ever...

The guns weigh like 30 lbs and the ammo has no real criminal usage whatsoever..

50 cal ban is about as important as a "Drive slowly Unicorn Crossing" sign.

What makes liberals so god damnned dumb?

Python-Hunter 04-01-2013 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RYT 2BER (Post 20145740)
50 cal and its ammo ban... I love this...

I think I read a study that said nobody on American soil has ever been hurt/killed by 50 cal...ever...

The guns weigh like 30 lbs and the ammo has no real criminal usage whatsoever..

50 cal ban is about as important as a "Drive slowly Unicorn Crossing" sign.

What makes liberals so god damnned dumb?

Is it a wonder where Oblame-O calls home? :dunno:

Lnguyen9 04-01-2013 10:59

With the Dem. state, it is not about will we get CCW but the question is how many hoops are you willing to jump.

357Glock31 05-04-2013 12:06

Just saw some 1 else post 2 day that Madigan GOT an extension , til June 25th ( or somewhere about there ) & IF she flounders, WE GET OPEN CARRY !!

21 Glock salute 05-15-2013 11:04

Well I don't think she'll appeal. If she does and SCOTUS decides to hear it...and if they knock it down...she wouldn't even be allowed to show her face at the next democratic wine and punch mixer. But the way it's looking is that the Cook county sheriff has some stupid contingency plan. I love how these idiots say "We don't want it to be the wild west! Blah blah blah..." Frankly I think Dodge city in 1881 probably had fewer murders per capita than cook county 2012...and that's with the OK corral.

volsbear 05-15-2013 11:22

June 9th as of right now, unless the general assembly slaps a bill together real quick. But even if they pass a bill, an effective date of later than June 9th doesn't change the deadline imposed by the federal appellate court.

The extension granted to Lisa Madigan only gave her 30 extra days to file her appeal. It does not toll the original June 9th deadline imposed by the federal appellate court.

Personally, I would like to see a quality bill passed. I don't like the idea of zero checks and balances, but it needs to be a QUALITY bill - shall issue, reasonable geographic restrictions, etc.

But my family and friends will be carrying on June 9th either way.

janice6 05-15-2013 11:27

Since when do Chicago politicians in "Crook County" follow the law.......

Laws are for honest people.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.