Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   1911 Forums (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Frog Lube on 1911's? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1462469)

tango44 01-05-2013 18:35

Frog Lube on 1911's?
 
How often do apply the paste treatment to your 1911's?

I use the liquid to clean and lubricate after every range session, but wonders how often the paste?

Tiro Fijo 01-05-2013 22:45

It's pure snake oil. Does nothing better than the current Milspec CLP by G96. Walk to the mirror and shout "sucker!!"

FLIPPER 348 01-05-2013 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by tango44 (Post 19825167)
How often do apply the paste treatment to your 1911's?



never

Waboom!! 01-06-2013 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo (Post 19826233)
It's pure snake oil. Does nothing better than the current Milspec CLP by G96. Walk to the mirror and shout "sucker!!"

I totally disagree with this statement. Froglube and Militec are far superior to clp. I personally do not like or use clp.

Rinspeed 01-06-2013 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo (Post 19826233)
It's pure snake oil. Does nothing better than the current Milspec CLP by G96. Walk to the mirror and shout "sucker!!"




I agree.

MD357 01-06-2013 18:30

It's not the end all be all IMO but it's pretty retarded to call it snake oil. It's 10x the product CLP is.

257 roberts 01-06-2013 21:57

Never

FLIPPER 348 01-06-2013 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD357 (Post 19829464)
It's not the end all be all IMO but it's pretty retarded to call it snake oil. It's 10x the product CLP is.

CLP works fine so why go for 10Xfine??

dakrat 01-06-2013 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 (Post 19830431)
CLP works fine so why go for 10Xfine??

because I shoot more accurately knowing I am using a $30 lube. this lube runs deep brah. penetrates the pores and removes gun blackheads en stuff. go deep or go home ese

FLIPPER 348 01-06-2013 23:13

ah vahto, yo veo

Stang_Man 01-06-2013 23:30

Just try to clean the pistol when it's still warm and it'll melt the paste like butter.

I love the smell :drool:

Tiro Fijo 01-07-2013 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD357 (Post 19829464)
It's not the end all be all IMO but it's pretty retarded to call it snake oil. It's 10x the product CLP is.


G96 Synthetic CLP is the only military issue CLP available to civilians. Break Free was dropped years ago. G96 CLP is far better than the repackaged roller coaster lubricant that is Frog Lube.

Rinspeed 01-07-2013 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD357 (Post 19829464)
It's 10x the product CLP is.





So you've been using the wrong CLP. :upeyes:

CAcop 01-07-2013 07:29

We have a bucket of it at work. Everyone was raving about it when they first got it. I tired it and determined it was just about like everything else I have used over the years. People are no longer raving about it and it doesn't seem to be getting used as much. I think they are seeing through the hype. There is always some latest and greatest lube.

Mayhem like Me 01-07-2013 07:32

FYI Frog lube works fine warm, Guess what, I was at the range shooting Saturday and it was about 40 degrees, the frog lube samples in my shooting bag had been in freezing temps the night before, they were the consistancy of taffy,,,,,Not good I can see them causing problems if they migrate into areas like the disconnector..

Oil is for firearms, grease is for tighly fitted meshing components under load like gears,,,MAYBE slide lugs in a pistol, grease is not the best lubricant for firearms..

Synthetic oil is the best overall.

Chimo 01-09-2013 14:07

After the proper "seasoning" of the weapon you will only need to reapply as needed. If you start noticing that the carbon is a little harder to while off I would then suggest putting on more. Remember a little goes a long way. I have used in both heat and cold and never had an issue.

Mayhem like Me 01-09-2013 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimo (Post 19840890)
After the proper "seasoning" of the weapon you will only need to reapply as needed. If you start noticing that the carbon is a little harder to while off I would then suggest putting on more. Remember a little goes a long way. I have used in both heat and cold and never had an issue.

Lube should not need to be seasoned nor should it be hard like taffy at 35 degrees.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chimo 01-09-2013 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me (Post 19841411)
Lube should not need to be seasoned nor should it be hard like taffy at 35 degrees.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Lube dose NOT news to be seasoned but the metal does. Once it soaks into the the metal by heating, just like you would a cast iron skillet. That is the way this plant based CLP is used. And I can speak from experience that it works.

Mayhem like Me 01-10-2013 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimo (Post 19841870)
The Lube dose NOT news to be seasoned but the metal does. Once it soaks into the the metal by heating, just like you would a cast iron skillet. That is the way this plant based CLP is used. And I can speak from experience that it works.

The metal does not need to be seasoned all it needs is a good lube that stays viscous down to low Temps .I don't cook eggs on my 1911 the surfaces bear against one another and need a film of lubricant.

Metal is not a sponge some amount of lube gets in the surface pores but it does not soak in....

Chimo 01-10-2013 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me (Post 19843457)
The metal does not need to be seasoned all it needs is a good lube that stays viscous down to low Temps .I don't cook eggs on my 1911 the surfaces bear against one another and need a film of lubricant.

Metal is not a sponge some amount of lube gets in the surface pores but it does not soak in....

I guess,we will have to agree to disagree. Have you given it a try?

fnfalman 01-10-2013 08:41

The only metal things I season are my iron cookwares.

faawrenchbndr 01-10-2013 09:02

Great,.....another "lube pissin match"

I once ran a Springfield GI for 500 rounds using only KY.

As for the current issues CLP, I'd rather use a lube that doesn't
smell like rotten tuna! :puking:

fnfalman 01-10-2013 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr (Post 19844175)
Great,.....another "lube pissin match"

I once ran a Springfield GI for 500 rounds using only KY.

As for the current issues CLP, I'd rather use a lube that doesn't
smell like rotten tuna! :puking:

Current Break-Free smells like dead fish now? What gives? It used to smell pretty good.

Mayhem like Me 01-10-2013 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimo (Post 19843536)
I guess,we will have to agree to disagree. Have you given it a try?

Yes.. Nothing special, I use Ballistol when I want to go green it has some actual useful properties.
Frog lube is gimmicky .

faawrenchbndr 01-10-2013 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 19844436)
Current Break-Free smells like dead fish now? What gives? It used to smell pretty good.

A guy i used to supervise is now a weapons troop on Gunships.
He told me about it......could get the stock class


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.