Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Religious Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Why I religiously believe in science. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463585)

Gunhaver 01-10-2013 15:20

Why I religiously believe in science.

My favorite part is how in the fourth panel there are several "theories" where they've just gone ahead and connected to imaginary dots as if no one would notice. I think of those 3 theories as Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

http://www.upworthy.com/why-i-religi...science?c=ufb1

JBnTX 01-10-2013 15:29

It bears repeating:

There's only two kinds of people,
those who believe in God and those who will.

Remember that when your science fails you.

Gunhaver 01-10-2013 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19845500)
It bears repeating:

There's only two kinds of people,
those who believe in God and those who will.

I remembered that when I realized that science has failed to give me a working jet pack by now. God hasn't delivered on my prayers for one either.

Glock36shooter 01-10-2013 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19845500)

God has failed to let me win the lottery more times than I can count. So he's on my list of people not to trust.

But I'll worship the first one to give me a working lightsaber. God or Science. The race is on!

fowl intent 01-10-2013 15:48

JB, you have served up a perfect lob, but I don't have the heart to swing at it....

Geko45 01-10-2013 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunhaver (Post 19845519)
I remembered that when I realized that science has failed to give me a working jet pack by now.

You didn't get yours yet?

:dunno:

fowl intent 01-10-2013 15:54

I tried to resist, but just can't seem to do it. I am reminded of a comedy sketch of Louis Black, who was talking about believing in God : I really wish I had a faith like that, but there is one problem.......I have thoughts.

So if your are correct, and there are only two types of people, then I would posit that there are those that believe in God, and those that have questioned the religious pablum that was spoon fed them from an early age.

Cavalry Doc 01-10-2013 16:37

Anyone need any help with this? It seems like the OP has made a breakthrough.

Glock36shooter 01-10-2013 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowl intent (Post 19845603)
I tried to resist, but just can't seem to do it. I am reminded of a comedy sketch of Louis Black, who was talking about believing in God : I really wish I had a faith like that, but there is one problem.......I have thoughts.

So if your are correct, and there are only two types of people, then I would posit that there are those that believe in God, and those that have questioned the religious pablum that was spoon fed them from an early age.

I have faith in naked women? I believe in them very strongly.

JBnTX 01-10-2013 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock36shooter (Post 19845532)

God has failed to let me win the lottery more times than I can count...

Why blame God?
It was YOU who picked the wrong numbers...:rofl:

Cavalry Doc 01-10-2013 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock36shooter (Post 19845789)
I have faith in naked women? I believe in them very strongly.

Many of us older guys know that the guy talking about it the most, is getting the least.

:rofl:

Glock36shooter 01-10-2013 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19845825)
Why blame God?
It was YOU who picked the wrong numbers...:rofl:

That's just it. I let the computer pick. I left it up to God's will. And he left a flaming bag o dog poop on my doorstep.

NMG26 01-10-2013 19:15

So the truth and the theory are never the same?

Can you call anything truth in science, or is that all for the philosiphers?

I guess truth is not a science word.

cesaros 01-10-2013 19:17

I believe in God, and I also believe in science.

Only small minded people believe in one OR the other.

Berto 01-10-2013 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock36shooter (Post 19845890)
That's just it. I let the computer pick. I left it up to God's will. And he left a flaming bag o dog poop on my doorstep.

There you go. There is a God.

Roering 01-10-2013 19:39

Quote:

No, you left it up to a computer.:tongueout:

Cavalry Doc 01-10-2013 19:45

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berto (Post 19846429)
There you go. There is a God.

:rofl::upeyes::faint:

GLWyandotte 01-10-2013 20:18

It is funny to me that the Religious Forum is a place where believers have to constantly beat back aetheists.
I'd have figured it would be people of faith maturely discussing issues of faith.
I'm guessing if there were an Aetheist Forum, people of faith wouldn't bother with it and they'd wind up arguing over Bigfoot.

Cavalry Doc 01-10-2013 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLWyandotte (Post 19846608)
It is funny to me that the Religious Forum is a place where believers have to constantly beat back aetheists.
I'd have figured it would be people of faith maturely discussing issues of faith.
I'm guessing if there were an Aetheist Forum, people of faith wouldn't bother with it and they'd wind up arguing over Bigfoot.

I'm thinking that is an absolutely fantastic idea. Of course, Agnostics should be able to roam both forums, or at least be assigned to one.

Who is going to suggest it to Eric? I'll be willing to help with the formal proposal.

Syclone538 01-10-2013 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLWyandotte (Post 19846608)

I do try to stay out of threads, or at least be respectful, in threads that are theists asking other theists their thoughts on something.

But the forum is Religious Issues, and we atheists do have issues with religion. Mainly for me, don't attack us (Islam) and don't make us pay for it (Christianity).