Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   GSSF (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2nd prize gun just came (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467408)

S.Kargoh 01-25-2013 19:30

2nd prize gun just came
 
Oct 17 paperwork submittal.
.

http://i50.tinypic.com/21o9g0p.jpg

S.Kargoh 01-25-2013 19:33

http://i50.tinypic.com/11kfgah.jpg

S.Kargoh 01-25-2013 19:34

http://i50.tinypic.com/j5wcjn.jpg

S.Kargoh 01-25-2013 19:37

http://i45.tinypic.com/rw55k2.jpg

emtjr928 01-25-2013 19:56

Congratulations on the addition!

yobohadi 01-25-2013 20:16

I could sure use that extended mag for plates!

Congrats! You will love the 21.

yobohadi 01-26-2013 20:55

So, where is the range report... We are waiting. :)

S.Kargoh 01-26-2013 23:32

Cleaned it up, lubes it and dry fired about 200 times.


does that count?

yobohadi 01-27-2013 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.Kargoh (Post 19915936)
Cleaned it up, lubes it and dry fired about 200 times.


does that count?

As long as there were no malfunctions or brass to face I would say it does! :rofl:

kyglockshooter 02-02-2013 08:34

How about a report on how long the wait was?

I have the same gun somewhere in the process for about 75 days, they have not cashed the check so I am a little worried.

njl 02-02-2013 12:04

After about 12 years of GSSF shooting, I've finally won a gun. I don't have the papers yet...but I also have no idea what to pick. Not wanting to have to stock components for another caliber, it'll have to be either 9mm or .45acp. I've already got Gen3 21 and 30 SFs, and a nearly full set of Gen3 9mms.

The one that seems most interesting at the moment is the new 30S. Is that an option on the current pistol certificates, and if so, how much is the "upgrade" fee?

JTSmith 02-02-2013 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by njl (Post 19940772)
After about 12 years of GSSF shooting, I've finally won a gun. I don't have the papers yet...but I also have no idea what to pick. Not wanting to have to stock components for another caliber, it'll have to be either 9mm or .45acp. I've already got Gen3 21 and 30 SFs, and a nearly full set of Gen3 9mms.

The one that seems most interesting at the moment is the new 30S. Is that an option on the current pistol certificates, and if so, how much is the "upgrade" fee?

I called them last year and asked if I could upgrade to a Gen4 G20, even though they were only being sold as blue labels at the time. I was told that I could and that the upgrade would be the same amount as usual. All I needed to do was write it on the "Flag" certificate. If I'm not mistaken, it's $51+tax to upgrade to a Gen3 .45 or 10mm. Either way, I would definitely make a call, just to check.

BTW, I am jealous. I want a 30S BAD!

stak 02-02-2013 18:38

On my form the G20 is a $51 upgrade and the Gen4 is another $35 so it would be $86.

SARDG 02-02-2013 21:55

Not everything is on those certs that were printed some time ago, but I've been told by GSSF that you can order any standard production pistol that's in distribution. Based on that info, I ordered a Gen4 G20 about 6 1/2 months ago with no joy yet. In other words... you can order it..... :)

BTW, no 17L, 24, or 24C, obviously.

S.Kargoh 02-02-2013 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyglockshooter (Post 19940103)
How about a report on how long the wait was?

I have the same gun somewhere in the process for about 75 days, they have not cashed the check so I am a little worried.



Check the op.

SARDG 02-03-2013 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyglockshooter (Post 19940103)
How about a report on how long the wait was?

I have the same gun somewhere in the process for about 75 days, they have not cashed the check so I am a little worried.

Glock is now saying 150-180 days so you have another 3 1/2 months of potential waiting to go - unless it hasn't arrived by then, in which case you have more than 3 1/2 months to go.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

S.Kargoh 02-20-2013 21:37

Finally shot it.

Was okay. 17 and 26 seemed more accurate.
If I remember correctly, I was shooting about 4-6 inches at 25 yards with those (factory ammo).

The new 21 was shooting 7.5 " at 16 yards with s&b 230 fmj


Tried some workup reloads at various powder loadings. shrunk to 2.5" but wouldn't cycle. 3.5" and would cycle.



Pics to follow.

S.Kargoh 02-20-2013 21:43

Factory load was disappoint .

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ika4k1.jpg


Low powder starting load. Soft as a cricket fart, but would not cycle.
http://i49.tinypic.com/fvcpy1.jpg


This one was okay. Will do some tweeking to see if I like it.
It cycled and was moderately accurate.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2q2lt1z.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.