Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Glocking (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Glock 34 shoots high and left? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467624)

ErinMT 01-26-2013 17:54

Glock 34 shoots high and left?

Even from a rest with multiple skilled shooters the gun consistently shoots about 3 inches to the left at 50 feet.

Nor only that but it also shoots high vs any G34 I've used in the past.I had to use a .265 height front sight to regain impacts in the front sight as opposed to ridiculously over the front sight.

So what causes this? Is my slides ejections port vs barrel port at the muzzle not aligned and it points the barrel left?

Or is the locking block pushing the rear of the barrel harder on the right and tilts the barrel tip up and left?

I'll soon send it back to Glock in the hope that they can straighten it out...pun slightly intended. hehe But I am still curious as to why this has happened? What part is off and is messing with my alignment does the colleactive mind imagine?

Thank you for all ideas!!!

GlockRik 01-26-2013 19:01

have you tried moving the rear sight (move right if shooting left)

does it also shoot high off the sandbags, multiple shooters?

ErinMT 01-26-2013 19:11

I have drifted the sights, and when I have it shooting POA/POI the rear sight is almost comically right.

And yes, it also shot high off the bags and with multiple shooters. Hence the annoyingly high front sight. It's like running a standard rear and a suppressor height front.:rofl:

JBP55 01-26-2013 19:13

What aftermarket sights do you have on the pistol? What is the height on the front and rear measuring from the top of the slide? Move the rear sight .035 to the right until you figure it out. How did it shoot with the factory sights?

GlockRik 01-26-2013 19:16

well that's all my guesses except guess it's off to glock.:crying:

good luck and I'm sure they will take care of it.

bentbiker 01-26-2013 19:17

When you shoot from the rest, what is touching the rest?
  • Dust cover?
  • Trigger guard?
  • Bottom of grip?
  • Wrists?
Are the expert shooters experienced with Glocks or other brands?

MrCowboy99 01-26-2013 19:17

Hoepfully this might help.

TSAX 01-26-2013 19:24

Im surprised no one has said to aim lower and more right :whistling:, I heard a range officer say something like that when someone wondered why his gun was shooting high "well just aim lower":rofl:

:50cal:

ErinMT 01-26-2013 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentbiker (Post 19915243)
When you shoot from the rest, what is touching the rest?
  • Dust cover?
  • Trigger guard?
  • Bottom of grip?
  • Wrists?
Are the expert shooters experienced with Glocks or other brands?

My hands/front of grip and trigger guard supported from underneath. making sure not to put pressure on the dust cover and slide and none on the magazine or bracing the bottom of the grip.

And all the shooters are experienced Glock shooters.

bentbiker 02-01-2013 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinMT (Post 19915906)
My hands/front of grip and trigger guard supported from underneath. making sure not to put pressure on the dust cover and slide and none on the magazine or bracing the bottom of the grip.

And all the shooters are experienced Glock shooters.

Try supporting only your forearms/wrists -- don't let any portion of the gun touch the rest. A pistol, especially a light polymer pistol, can bounce away from anything it touches, just from the concussion.

21 Glock salute 02-01-2013 04:35

+1 on what bentbiker said. Don't let any part of the gun touch the bench, just support your wrists. Like a good prone with a rifle. Hope it works out for you! (if not, I recommend Heine with their excellent aftermarket sights)