Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   My New Toy (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468287)

LuckyNemo 01-29-2013 15:17

My New Toy
 
Rossi Ranch Hand .38/.357

Just a fun gun. .... can't wait to shoot it
:)


http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...129_151027.jpg

MarcDW 01-29-2013 15:49

I like this one since I saw it in a John Wayne movie!

XshooterX 01-29-2013 15:54

I like the short lever guns like that. What are the big loops for? Is that just for doing tricks? Or for operating while holding a rope or something really specialized like that?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Joshhtn 01-29-2013 15:59

Congrats!!! I would like to get one.

fnfalman 01-29-2013 16:14

Isn't that a homage to Steve McQueen's gun?

The_Gun_Guru 01-29-2013 16:59

Been wanting one as well.


Looks great!


TGG

fnfalman 01-29-2013 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by XshooterX (Post 19926358)
I like the short lever guns like that. What are the big loops for? Is that just for doing tricks? Or for operating while holding a rope or something really specialized like that?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

For cocking the gun by twirling it. It's a John Wayne thing, which got picked up by The Rifleman.

LuckyNemo 01-29-2013 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by XshooterX (Post 19926358)
I like the short lever guns like that. What are the big loops for? Is that just for doing tricks? Or for operating while holding a rope or something really specialized like that?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Is suppose to allow you to cycle the lever with gloves on.

LuckyNemo 01-29-2013 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 19926574)
For cocking the gun by twirling it. It's a John Wayne thing, which got picked up by The Rifleman.

Yeah....that too
:)

bac1023 01-29-2013 18:09

Wow, very nice

Congrats! :cool:

ctfireman 01-29-2013 18:33

Nice pick up. I've got one in .45 colt.

mattallamerican 01-29-2013 18:47

very neat id like one in 44mag

MrMurphy 01-29-2013 19:01

Twirling it violates pretty much all the safety rules at once, but some dingbat in Hollywood thought it was cool.

Arnold did the same with a cut-down 1887 shotgun in Terminator 2 as well.

oneuglygun 01-30-2013 12:36

Gotta love it !! What ever you do , don't make it all black ! They'll want it on the LIST !!!

Clay C 01-30-2013 14:20

I have a question. I can't believe I don't know this because I'm pretty well versed in firearms but is that considered a pistol or an SBR? If its a pistol I want one!

Is it just long enough overall? Just wondering because it looks really short in the pic.

Darkangel1846 01-30-2013 14:24

cute toy!

Annhl8rX 01-30-2013 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay C (Post 19930148)
I have a question. I can't believe I don't know this because I'm pretty well versed in firearms but is that considered a pistol or an SBR? If its a pistol I want one!

Is it just long enough overall? Just wondering because it looks really short in the pic.

It is a pistol.

LuckyNemo 01-30-2013 15:32

Yup pistol. ....overall 24"

VinnieD 01-30-2013 16:17

Used to have one. Like all Rossis lately they're a bit rough and need either to be opened up and polished, or some thorough breaking in. Mine also liked to chew up brass early on. Sadly it was stolen. Hope the thief enjoys hot brass in the eye.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.