Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Glocking (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New Glock 30SF Gen 4 came in(picture heavy). (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468987)

colbucky 02-01-2013 14:22

New Glock 30SF Gen 4 came in(picture heavy).
 
Came in today and shot over 200 flawless rounds of cheap Wally World ammo and 50 of my carry Gold dot 250 grn.HP. Very accurate and ejections were at the 4 o'clock position through out the session.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps891f7b7e.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6c6d2bb6.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf04281dd.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6f2a9c4d.jpg

SCC 02-01-2013 14:26

Nice !!! 👍


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

pizza_pablo 02-01-2013 14:33

The Gen 3 30S had an "S" after the 30, on the slide. Why doesn't the Gen 4?

cowboy1964 02-01-2013 14:42

30, 30SF, Gen 4 30, Gen 3 30S.

Is that correct?

21Brutus 02-01-2013 14:45

cowboy is correct

Goodrich 02-01-2013 14:54

This is my next purchase!

imSteve 02-01-2013 15:01

...must be left handed using an iPhone because the photos are upside down, happens to me all the time

congratulations on the 30sf

red headed stranger 02-01-2013 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizza_pablo (Post 19937836)
The Gen 3 30S had an "S" after the 30, on the slide. Why doesn't the Gen 4?


The 30S has a slide that is reduced in size compared to the other model 30 Glocks. The Gen4 30SF still has the original Model 30-sized slide.

GRT45 02-01-2013 16:41

Technically speaking, there isn't a Gen4 G30SF. The G30SF is Gen3 only and marked with "SF" on the right side of the frame forward of the slide lock. The recently announced G30S pistol bears the SF mark of the Gen3 G30SF frame too. However, the OP's new pistol, the Gen4 G30 is marked with "MBS" (Modular Back Strap) in that location on the frame, as are all other Gen4 pistols.

The Gen4 G30, without a back strap adapter installed, has essentially the same grip dimensions as the Gen3 G30SF. The OP is excused for the title of this thread due to his excited state, having just received one of the finest 45ACP pistols available. :)

Congratulations colbucky!

colbucky 02-01-2013 18:13

Correction
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRT45 (Post 19938231)
Technically speaking, there isn't a Gen4 G30SF. The G30SF is Gen3 only and marked with "SF" on the right side of the frame forward of the slide lock. The recently announced G30S pistol bears the SF mark of the Gen3 G30SF frame too. However, the OP's new pistol, the Gen4 G30 is marked with "MBS" (Multiple Back Strap) in that location on the frame, as are all other Gen4 pistols.

The Gen4 G30, without a back strap adapter installed, has essentially the same grip dimensions as the Gen3 G30SF. The OP is excused for the title of this thread due to his excited state, having just received one of the finest 45ACP pistols available. :)

Congratulations colbucky!

You are right, sorry for the mistake guys.

1MEANGT 02-01-2013 18:24

Very nice. I am currently looking for the same gun. Where did you find it?

JLeòdhas 02-01-2013 18:42

Congrats on the new family member.

MSims 02-01-2013 19:52

I carry a G30sf and well the Gen4 really is not worth getting rid of mine... Ill wait till maybe the Gen 4 G30s... That's something somewhat new lol...

Beanie-Bean 02-01-2013 19:58

Congrats on the new G30!

Vartarg 02-01-2013 20:04

Nice pistol....picked up the same gun as a Blue Label gun in Minden LA last month....and have very pleased with it!

colbucky 02-01-2013 20:16

G30
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1MEANGT (Post 19938669)
Very nice. I am currently looking for the same gun. Where did you find it?

At my local gun shop,Glock distributor. He had 8 and was sold all prior to my purchase. I paid $469.00 plus tax(LE).

GIFF 02-01-2013 20:32

Sweet pics! Thanks for the share!
I had to run upstairs and look at mine lol

GRT45 02-01-2013 20:34

colbucky, may I ask a favor please? The next time you have the slide removed from your Gen4 G30, please check the number on the trigger bar and post it in your thread (see photo for location). I'm curious if the number is 4256-1 or 4256-1- or 4256-2. The reason I ask is because GT member Noponer bought a new G30S recently and the trigger bar number in his pistol is 4256-2 and I'd never before heard about a -2 variant.

Opie 1 Kenopie 02-01-2013 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIFF (Post 19939022)
Sweet pics! Thanks for the share!
I had to run upstairs and look at mine lol

Why is yours upstairs? It should be gently wrapped in the softest of blankets, nestled lovingly in the crook of your arm where you can gaze upon its beauty and sheer deadliness.

Saberman 02-01-2013 20:58

The G30S has a narrow G36 slide on a modified G30 frame.

colbucky 02-02-2013 02:56

Trigger bar
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRT45 (Post 19939032)
colbucky, may I ask a favor please? The next time you have the slide removed from your Gen4 G30, please check the number on the trigger bar and post it in your thread (see photo for location). I'm curious if the number is 4256-1 or 4256-1- or 4256-2. The reason I ask is because GT member Noponer bought a new G30S recently and the trigger bar number in his pistol is 4256-2 and I'd never before heard about a -2 variant.

Just checked and its a 4256-2.

roger123 02-02-2013 05:13

Congrats on the new piece. My 30SF is becoming my new favorite shooter (currently my 26).

bennie1986 02-02-2013 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opie 1 Kenopie (Post 19939044)
Why is yours upstairs? It should be gently wrapped in the softest of blankets, nestled lovingly in the crook of your arm where you can gaze upon its beauty and sheer deadliness.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bennie1986 02-02-2013 06:00

Congrats on the gun op! I have a notion to get one of those soon as well.

Legacy Shooters 02-02-2013 06:34

I held one & decided on a G27, now I wish I woulda picked the G3 up

Sent from my mind using my fingers


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.