Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Glocking (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Gen4 G31 15 rds magazines 16+1? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469224)

vinstang67 02-02-2013 16:34

Gen4 G31 15 rds magazines 16+1?
 
I was at a range today, and I noticed that the Gen4 G31 15 rounds magazines can take 16 rounds.

I cannot load more than Max capacity with Gen4 G21 (13 rds) or Gen3 G30 (9&10 rds).

I am not sure if it is normal but Gen4 G31 had no problem with loading 16 rds (or 16+1).

Do any of your G31 (or G17, 22, 34, 35, 37) take more than Max magazine capacity?

Just curious.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Rev.357 02-02-2013 20:57

Nope! I do have a +2 on one mag & it only allows 1 extra.

dbarn 02-02-2013 21:05

I'm not sure why it does this, but yes my Glock 31 mags will also hold 16+1 though it only shows 15 capacity. You really have to push to get 16 in though. Perhaps the mag is designed this way so that 15 will load easier?

SystemaEncephale 02-02-2013 21:44

My G17 mags do the same and hold 18 rounds. However I wouldn't recommend it because it creates more wear on the magazines spring and can lead to feeding problems down the road.

kaech 02-02-2013 21:55

Ive a mag or two of other cals. that can hold one extra.I dont like it,makes me second guess the mag springs:what:

vinstang67 02-03-2013 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SystemaEncephale (Post 19942894)
My G17 mags do the same and hold 18 rounds. However I wouldn't recommend it because it creates more wear on the magazines spring and can lead to feeding problems down the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaech (Post 19942920)
Ive a mag or two of other cals. that can hold one extra.I dont like it,makes me second guess the mag springs:what:


I guess I will stop loading to 16+1 with my G31.

spcwes 02-04-2013 07:00

Not sure if you guys remember but in years past some Glock magazines would be so difficult to load t he last round into the mag you could barely get it done even with the use of tools. I would imagine but not sure this would be the fix for that. I would not load past listed capacity.

vinstang67 02-04-2013 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcwes (Post 19947320)
Not sure if you guys remember but in years past some Glock magazines would be so difficult to load t he last round into the mag you could barely get it done even with the use of tools. I would imagine but not sure this would be the fix for that. I would not load past listed capacity.

G30 owners would be very happy IF it is the same for the G30 magazines.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Adamz04 02-04-2013 17:27

I just bought a gen4 g31 mag at my lgs and sure enough 16+1.

DYLANB80 03-07-2013 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamz04 (Post 19949365)
I just bought a gen4 g31 mag at my lgs and sure enough 16+1.

I also just bought a new g31 mag. Had 20 rounds, loaded them up and only had 3 left. I said ok, not normal. Now I have to go check the others to see if they are the same.

silversport 03-08-2013 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinstang67 (Post 19941852)
I was at a range today, and I noticed that the Gen4 G31 15 rounds magazines can take 16 rounds.

I cannot load more than Max capacity with Gen4 G21 (13 rds) or Gen3 G30 (9&10 rds).

I am not sure if it is normal but Gen4 G31 had no problem with loading 16 rds (or 16+1).

Do any of your G31 (or G17, 22, 34, 35, 37) take more than Max magazine capacity?

Just curious.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

I picked up two of these new as well (can't remember if they are Gen4 or not but I don't think they are) and they can hold 16...I don't load them that way though...

Bill


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.