Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Black Rifle Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Will an AWB ban AR accessories? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469507)

arnettjd10 02-03-2013 23:03

Will an AWB ban AR accessories?

I was wondering do you guys know if anything has been brought up in congress that would ban things like red dot optics and AR rails like the Troy Alpha rail? these are things i plan on buying in the future and im wondering should i take out a small loan to get my 2 ARs layed out how i want them or would waiting 3 or 4 months be a big deal. Im a college student and work a minimum wage job, its pretty difficult to save up money right now.

pgg00 02-03-2013 23:12

I know the one by fienstien would ban certain items such as foregrips, flash suppressors, pistol grips etc. lets hope it doesn't pass.

EODLRD 02-03-2013 23:22

Last thing I would tell someone to do is take out a loan to purchase firearms or accessories. That is just not financially responsible.

Your time and effort would be better spent fighting these proposed laws and buying what you can, when you can.

Despite how much we all love our hobby, life goes on. No reason to make bad life decisions just to possess a material object.

cysoto 02-03-2013 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnettjd10 (Post 19946730)
Will an AWB ban AR accessories?

http://www.e-tarocchi.com/crystalbal...ystalBall1.jpg

Roger1079 02-04-2013 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by EODLRD (Post 19946794)
Last thing I would tell someone to do is take out a loan to purchase firearms or accessories. That is just not financially responsible.

Your time and effort would be better spent fighting these proposed laws and buying what you can, when you can.

Despite how much we all love our hobby, life goes on. No reason to make bad life decisions just to possess a material object.

I have to agree here. Just buy the stuff as you can.

stooxie 02-04-2013 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by EODLRD (Post 19946794)

:goodpost:

-Stooxie

plainsman 02-04-2013 10:00

You can trust you democrap leader!

What can congess do? They wiped out American Indian tribes, banned alcohol, put Japanese/American citizens in internment camps in WW 2, etc.

Naw you should be fine with gun controls, ask any New Yorker!

Burns 02-04-2013 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsman (Post 19947701)
What can congess do? They wiped out American Indian tribes, banned alcohol, put Japanese/American citizens in internment camps in WW 2, etc.

Naw you should be fine with gun controls, ask any New Yorker!

nice.

shotgunred 02-04-2013 21:59

No federal AWB will pass at this time.

Jim85IROC 02-07-2013 20:49

Even if the ban were to go through, wouldn't it ban the sale of guns with that stuff? I would think it would still be legal to buy that stuff for guns made before the ban.

concretefuzzynuts 02-07-2013 21:14

There will be no ban on that level.

Lets assume a ban passes. The one before allowed stock created before the ban to be sold. Then there are the marketers who circumvented the ban with altered products. Then there was the sale of items made before the ban. Then the are black market sales, which occur now in spite of law, then there are home made items, then there are home made items sold, then....

Laws don't stop needs, desires, wants, etc.

Pot is illegal, can you buy pot?

It is illegal to copy DVD's, can you buy bootlegged DVD's?

The highway speed limit here is 55 mph, does everyone drive 55?

DAIadvisor 02-07-2013 21:48

I don't think they can "BAN" accessories, but there might be a law preventing you from putting them on. During the last one, for example - you could buy flash hiders, but couldn't put them on post-ban rifles. Or they might say that if you have a rail on the front of your rifle, it's now an "assault rifle". Having said that, I've never EVER heard of anyone being "checked" to see if their rifle was pre or post ban, or import parts count compliant.

Ruggles 02-07-2013 21:57

I can not imagine any type of optic being banned. Too many uses outside of "assault" weapons.

I really don't see anything coming nationwide. The states doing this mess right now like NY are not going to influence the nation debate. Way too many pro gun states to allow that to occur.

I would not worry about draining yourself now to buy anything AR related. This mess will end this year and supplies of all things AR related will be back on shelves.