Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Black community still suffering from ‘disproportionately high unemployment (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469838)

snerd 02-05-2013 16:02

Black community still suffering from ‘disproportionately high unemployment

Keep voting color over policy. It's working so well............
Quote:

A congressional report finds that the economic recovery hasn’t solved problems faced by the black community, including “disproportionately high unemployment rates.”

Blacks account for 12 percent of the labor force, according to the U.S. Joint Economic Committee, but suffered from a 13.8 percent jobless rate in January 2013 and make up 25 percent of workers who have been unemployed for longer than 99 weeks.

Furthermore, the number of black workers looking for work has fallen by almost 300,000 since 2011, and there are nearly 2.6 million black workers who want to work but can’t find a job.

sheriff733 02-05-2013 16:05

Blacks make up 12% of the labor force, but have a 13.8% jobless rate?

:headscratch:

pugman 02-06-2013 19:55

Disregarding race all together...anyone unemployed 99 weeks (that is nearly two years folks) isn't looking.

These people aren't stupid; the more things change the more I think I'm the stupid one for working.

My MIL recently evicted a group of young "adults"...4 of them in what was admittedly a slumlord's house.

Each of them had worked at the same place...each had been on unemployment going on 19 months.

They literally drank, got high, played PS3 for the past year and a half. I seriously can't pinpoint if they are just lazy, stupid or geniuses? Throw out pride and self respect and there is no limit to how low you can go.

Cavalry Doc 02-06-2013 20:14

When you pay people to do nothing, don't be too surprised when they do nothing.

Have to work or starve, and you'll be surprised how many jobs Americans will do.

countrygun 02-06-2013 20:16

I'm not sure, in all cases "suffering" is the right word.

coastal4974 02-06-2013 20:35

Probably because they also suffer from disproportionately baby daddy missing.

JFrame 02-06-2013 20:38

...I guess Obama's "grand strategy" is to turn things around in his fourth term... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/facepalm.gif

IvanVic 02-06-2013 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheriff733 (Post 19952645)

It's a percentage within a percentage.

I'd say blacks are voting democrat, and it's not working.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Kablam 02-06-2013 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFrame (Post 19957874)
...I guess Obama's "grand strategy" is to turn things around in his fourth term... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/facepalm.gif

Now that's funny. Unfortunately I fear that's where we're headed. Name may change, results will not.

ScubaSven 02-07-2013 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheriff733 (Post 19952645)

It was a poorly worded sentence. The author meant to say: "12% of the US labor force is black. Amongst the black labor force, the jobless rate is 13.8%."

Glotin 02-07-2013 02:24

The answers to these problems have been known for decades; turns out politicians are more interested in buying votes from the ignorant than they are in doing what's best for the country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSven (Post 19958698)
It was a poorly worded sentence. The author meant to say: "12% of the US labor force is black. Amongst the black labor force, the jobless rate is 13.8%."

It's not a poorly worded sentence, one just needs to know the meaning of "rate".

jeanderson 02-07-2013 06:00

The blacks are stupid. Sorry, but that's just a fact. The Democrats have had them in their back pocket for decades as reliable voters (95% last election). They're promised everything but nothing ever changes for them.

If they could think independently and starting looking at themselves as people and not BLACK people, maybe they could be successful and pull themselves out of their rut.

stevelyn 02-07-2013 06:19

Like LBJ said if the democraps could hijack and claim the civil rights bills, they'd be voting democrap for generations.

Bren 02-07-2013 06:28

So get a job. We have jobs in the upper half of the state employee pay scale that require nothing but a high school diploma, drug test and reasonably clean record and we can't get applicants. A large portion of those jobs are just outside Louisville, which has KY's biggest unemployed black population.

There used to be a black "community activist" in Louisville who would complain periodically that the state police didn't hire blacks. The commissioner, when I was working for him, told him to send him any qualified black applicants and he'd hire them. I honestly don't think he has protested since and that was 6-7 years ago.

sheriff733 02-07-2013 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvanVic (Post 19958181)
It's a percentage within a percentage.

I'd say blacks are voting democrat, and it's not working.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

No, it's working perfectly. Now, they get a paycheck without that pesky work requirement.

Cavalry Doc 02-07-2013 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren (Post 19959085)
So get a job. We have jobs in the upper half of the state employee pay scale that require nothing but a high school diploma, drug test and reasonably clean record and we can't get applicants. A large portion of those jobs are just outside Louisville, which has KY's biggest unemployed black population.

There used to be a black "community activist" in Louisville who would complain periodically that the state police didn't hire blacks. The commissioner, when I was working for him, told him to send him any qualified black applicants and he'd hire them. I honestly don't think he has protested since and that was 6-7 years ago.

That drug test is a deal breaker for some. Clean record? That ruins it for some others. It's so unfair [/sarcasm]

itstime 02-07-2013 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFrame (Post 19957874)

Guim not the only one who says this.

walt cowan 02-07-2013 07:49

when you find a man in a hole, chances are he has a shovel in his hand. this hole has a army of earth moving equipment and operators in it. :whistling:

Bren 02-07-2013 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by walt cowan (Post 19959239)
when you find a man in a hole, chances are he has a shovel in his hand. this hole has a army of earth moving equipment and operators in it. :whistling:

And the guy driving the biggest backhoe has been elected president by the people in the hole...twice.

Skyhook 02-07-2013 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by snerd (Post 19952632)
Keep voting color over policy. It's working so well............

Waiting to be corrected if proven wrong, but aren't blacks also 'disproportionately represented' in our penal institutions?

:dunno: