Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California... (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470303)

RussP 02-07-2013 16:22

Thread to follow progress of manhunt in Southern California...

Quote:

Quote:

WARNING: If you post in this thread, and it is deemed your purpose is to disrupt the discussion, if you post off topic comments to incite other members, if there is the slightest hint of trolling, you will suffer consequences.

Read this post before proceeding: A post from Eric re: GNG & LE oriented topics...

This is an important topic to GT LE members.

Manhunt for ex LAPD Officer

Please post links to latest news updates.

Multi-state manhunt under way for ex-LAPD cop sought in killing of officer, 2 others

RyanNREMTP 02-07-2013 16:26

Prayers to everyone in the area. Stay safe out there.

captcurly 02-07-2013 16:32

This is a very bad situation and my prayers are for all of my brothers and sisters in Southern CA. I served for 30 years and never was involved in something as bad as this. I cannot imagine how you can do your jobs under these conditions. You guys/gals make me proud to have been a LEO. Safe stay and get the job done.

metal 02-07-2013 16:46

Thanks Russ.

akapennypincher 02-07-2013 16:49

My father lives in downtown San Diego, he told me they (news media) is saying the Ex-LAPD Officer they are looking for could have slipped into Mexico. I would think the Mexican Authorities would have little problem spotting this guy.

dano1427 02-07-2013 16:55

Latest is that his truck was found, burned-up outside of San Diego, near the border.

Kingarthurhk 02-07-2013 17:16

I got the alert today, well after FOX broke the story. It seems like we are always behind by a day or two.

WarCry 02-07-2013 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by dano1427 (Post 19960998)
Latest is that his truck was found, burned-up outside of San Diego, near the border.

The reports I'm seeing from the local LA NBC affiliate and on CNN is that a burned-out truck was found in Big Bear, a pretty fair hike away from the border, unless it's unrelated (correlation hasn't been confirmed yet).

Sources:
Big Bear Truck Fire (NBC Los Angeles)

CNN coverage

CBS report

Kingarthurhk 02-07-2013 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarCry (Post 19961122)
The reports I'm seeing from the local LA NBC affiliate and on CNN is that a burned-out truck was found in Big Bear, a pretty fair hike away from the border, unless it's unrelated (correlation hasn't been confirmed yet).

Sources:
Big Bear Truck Fire (NBC Los Angeles)

CNN coverage

CBS report

Well, if it is, I would hope those who are poking around at it would use an abundance of caution.

1. He treatened to use asymetrical warfare, so I would consider it booby trapped.

2. It could be a lure to pull LEO's in to start laying down lead with his "assault weapon" as FOX puts it.

3. He has already proven his propensity to ambush as he did to the officers in Riverside.

Agent6-3/8 02-07-2013 17:45

Just saw this on the evening news. Very scary...prayers for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

LippCJ7 02-07-2013 17:55

I just got a call from a buddy asking if I had heard anything since I am off(not sure why he would think I knew anything since I live in COLORADO) so I told him the last I had heard was that his truck was found near the border burned up and he is probably in Mexico...

My buddy then tells me that his wife called and told him his truck was found less then a mile from his house near Big Bear Lake..

I told him that the internet is a little slow sometimes and that he should have left Cali several years ago like I told him...

WHOOPS

blueiron 02-07-2013 18:01

Since there isn't a specific thread for this:

(remove if not determined relevant)

:fallenofficer: ..for the murdered officers, their families, and their friends.

Condolences on behalf of the murdered citizens, to their families, and friends.

Find the 'defector' and kill him.

TBO 02-07-2013 18:06

Killer was dishonorably discharged from Navy Reserves, his last day was Friday.

TBO 02-07-2013 18:08

It appears he wasn't an LAPD cop for long, he was a probationary Officer in 2007 when the incident that led to his release happened. After an investigation by IA, he was let go by LAPD.

blueiron 02-07-2013 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBO (Post 19961293)
Killer was dishonorably discharged from Navy Reserves, his last day was Friday.

As a reserve Naval Officer, he was not dishonorably discharged. He may have been RIF'ed, medically discharged, etc., but the only way to get a DD now is to have committed felony crimes while in service and be convicted of those crimes by a UCMJ Court Martial.

CJStudent 02-07-2013 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueiron (Post 19961410)
As a reserve Naval Officer, he was not dishonorably discharged. He may have been RIF'ed, medically discharged, etc., but the only way to get a DD now is to have committed felony crimes while in service and be convicted of those crimes by a UCMJ Court Martial.

It could still be a "Bad Conduct Discharge", though. I've seen enough people get them.

Ship A'Hoy 02-07-2013 18:43

Prayers to those hurt and hope no one else is hurt by this turd.

Flush the turd.

Morris 02-07-2013 18:56

I suppose I shouldn't be surprise by the number of people who are calling him a "whistleblower" and a "hero" for doing what he did.

txleapd 02-07-2013 19:09

:fallenofficer:

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

blueiron 02-07-2013 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJStudent (Post 19961421)
It could still be a "Bad Conduct Discharge", though. I've seen enough people get them.

A Navy Lieutenant with a BCD and no loss of rank? Rare. That would still very likely be a criminal offense related discharge.

I'd bet he was given an Honorable admin discharge and RIF'ed out.

Remember, he was able to check into San Diego Navy hotel housing on 01 February.