Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Cops spray & pray- two women shot in LA (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470450)

Skyhook 02-08-2013 05:44

Cops spray & pray- two women shot in LA

Could this indicate a lack of discipline, training, common sense- what?

Sure they are 'on edge, who can blame them, but shooting newspaper delivery women?:upeyes:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...omen-shot.html

barbedwiresmile 02-08-2013 06:01

I'm sure there is a perfectly rational explanation for this. And it
probably involves the delivery woman not following the officer's instructions.

Bren 02-08-2013 06:06

I usually side with the police, but it's mainly because the people who post about them here know so little about law/police/crime/etc. that their comments and conclusions are silly.

In this case, what the police did was stupid. I can't see any excuse for it and it smells like panic.

ithaca_deerslayer 02-08-2013 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile (Post 19963093)

If you don't do what the police say, they will kill you?

Seems ok if you are a murderer or pointing a gun at the police. But is a bit extreme if you are a non-criminal and just not real good at following directions.

Skyhook 02-08-2013 06:23

Quote:

If 'not following officer's instructions' would justify shooting, wouldn't there be lots more dead perps and fewer chases/evasions?

:dunno:

Fear Night 02-08-2013 06:32

I hope they sue the living crap out of the LAPD.

Skyhook 02-08-2013 06:44

Interesting parallel event-- only the citizen knew those creatures were law breakers. I wonder how both incidents will play out?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/08...est=latestnews

SALT LAKE CITY – Residents in a northern Utah city are coming to the defense of a man who was arrested and faces charges for shooting at burglars as they drove away from his property.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/08...#ixzz2KJLxRiyf

Razorsharp 02-08-2013 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren (Post 19963099)
In this case, what the police did was stupid. I can't see any excuse for it and it smells like panic.

And those involved should lose their job. Not put on leave, but dismissed.

And I'll add, incarceration could be warranted.

Dukeboy01 02-08-2013 08:12

Looks pretty bad. The truck's not even the right make and model. The article identifies the suspect's truck as a Nissan Titan and the truck shot to pieces in the photo is a Toyota Tacoma.

pipedreams 02-08-2013 08:32

Quote:

This.............. What happens to a citizen if they panic and shoot the wrong person. The driver may never heard the police command if they had the windows up and the radio on.

Chuck TX 02-08-2013 09:00

CHA-Ching!

Somebody is about to come in to some new found wealth.

Deployment Solu 02-08-2013 09:40

Bad deal all around.

W420Hunter 02-08-2013 09:42

Quote:

So are you really trying to tell me both shootings where caused by the victim not following orders? :upeyes:

maxsnafu 02-08-2013 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer (Post 19963117)
If you don't do what the police say, they will kill you?

Seems ok if you are a murderer or pointing a gun at the police. But is a bit extreme if you are a non-criminal and just not real good at following directions.

...especially if you're not real good at following directions because you're part of our gorgeous multicultural mosaic and speak no English.

tslex 02-08-2013 09:59

BOLO is for a black male with a shaved head, 6-3, 270 pounds, in a dark colored 2005 Nisan Titan.

This truck (note model and color) contained two women.

Yeah. Light it up!

:::sigh:::

pugman 02-08-2013 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipedreams (Post 19963379)
This.............. What happens to a citizen if they panic and shoot the wrong person. The driver may never heard the police command if they had the windows up and the radio on.

Quote:

I usually side with the police, but it's mainly because the people who post about them here know so little about law/police/crime/etc. that their comments and conclusions are silly.

This.

Look at the shots. The driver's side rear tire appears flat with a shot through the mud flap; I count 17 shots into the tailgate. If they are shooting high caps...34-36 rounds max between the two of them with just a little less than half into the bed?

I also see at least three shotgun shells on the ground which could account for the holes; but the distance appear to be what maybe 20 feet. I'm assuming they use some sort of LEO low recoil buck which generally has a low spread at those distances.

tslex 02-08-2013 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by W420Hunter (Post 19963603)
So are you really trying to tell me both shootings where caused by the victim not following orders? :upeyes:

Hunter, I think your "understanding" of BWS' post may be an indication that your computer doesn't register the sarcasm font.

ithaca_deerslayer 02-08-2013 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugman (Post 19963706)
This.

Look at the shots. The driver's side rear tire appears flat with a shot through the mud flap; I count 17 shots into the tailgate. If they are shooting high caps...34-36 rounds max between the two of them with just a little less than half into the bed?

I also see at least three shotgun shells on the ground which could account for the holes; but the distance appear to be what maybe 20 feet. I'm assuming they use some sort of LEO low recoil buck which generally has a low spread at those distances.

Good eye on the shotgun shells. I was wondering about the larger holes, like the top right (passenger side) of that back windshield. Either a good group, or a strange break, or maybe caused by the shotgun?

Mrs. VR 02-08-2013 10:15

Ok, I'm allowing this for the moment, because this is a huge story and people are (rightfully) concerned and have questions and want to discuss. *however* the moment any of these threads turn into a " let's bash cops"-fest,I'm going to shut it down. That's not, and never has been, acceptable here. Again, I'll ask you to check yourselves.

blk69stang 02-08-2013 10:35

Smacks of "street justice" gone wrong. Having recently been in the exact same situation as the officers involved (fellow agent shot and killed, I was involved in searching for the killer at large) I can personally attest that the temptation to just twitch that trigger finger when you have a bead on the suspected killer is immense, but you have to keep your wits about you. You can't just go "vigilante", because sometimes you don't have all the information, and it IS possible that someone could just be in the "wrong place at the wrong time".

Not saying this is what happened here, just saying it sure doesn't look good for the officers involved.