Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gun-Control Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pa. blocks online gun-carry permits from Fla. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470652)

ERASER 02-09-2013 05:41

Pa. blocks online gun-carry permits from Fla.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=8986021

RussP 02-09-2013 08:03

Pennsylvania no longer recognizes Florida non-resident permits held by citizens of the Commonwealth.

You either qualify and apply for a Pennsylvania LCF or you cannot carry.

From the linked article...
Quote:

Quote:

Officials blame at least one 2010 murder on the loophole, that of a teen shot 13 times by 28-year-old Marqus G. Hill, who obtained a Florida permit after his Pennsylvania concealed-carry permit was revoked.

The tweak obviously should have been made to the PA law regarding carrying when a person's LCF is revoked. If there are grounds for revoking an LCF, it means you can't carry period.

NOW, HOWEVER, we all know that any permitting process is an un-Constitutional INFRINGEMENT on the 2nd Amendment.

And, yes, certainly Marqus G. Hill would not have shot Irving Santana had he not had the FL non-resident. We know that because Philadelphia authorities said so.

This 2010 news report/propaganda piece has interesting language: Cops: Murderer had Florida gun permit.
Quote:

Quote:

A Philadelphia man who murdered an 18-year-old by shooting him 13 times on Sunday had a Florida license to carry a concealed weapon, even though his Philadelphia license to carry had been revoked, police said.

Philadelphia license? Yes, it is issued through the Philadelphia authorities, but, it's still a PA LCF.

How will eliminating FL reciprocity impact straw purchases?
Quote:

Quote:

The police commissioner called Kane's measure "a bold step" that will save lives by reducing the number of straw purchasers who buy guns for other people.

That whole article is :puking:

Jerry 02-09-2013 12:13

It's the same way here. You can have a Florida out of state permit but if you are a resident of Louisiana, Louisiana doesn't recognize it. You must have a LA permit to CCW. If you are from out of state it's accepted. I believe that to be fair. Now don't take that to mean I like the idea of having to pay any state to exercise my right. If the people of PA have a problem with their officials... well that's what elections are for. Or they can move to Florida or Louisiana or Texas or... :supergrin:

CitizenOfDreams 02-09-2013 13:21

Sensationalism and "moron lube" aside, it makes perfect sense to me. The reciprocity system is designed to help out-of-state visitors, not to circumevent state laws for residents.

ScottieG59 02-09-2013 14:48

I am a resident of Kansas with a Kansas permit and a Florida non-resident permit. Because I am a resident in Kansas, my non-resident permit in invalid in Kansas.

dkf 02-09-2013 18:26

This is nothing but a ploy to get elected. She said she would push this issue when running for AG and she did.

We tried to keep this anti DB from getting elected but there is only so much you can do with large (highly dem voting) cities in the state. This legislation will not prevent anything. Dems call any gun law they do not agree with a "loophole".

Best thing for PA to do is to reroute the Delaware and give Philly to NJ, it would fit right in there. The city is nothing but a drain on PA.

The vast majority of people whom get a FL CCW do so because they get reciprocity with states that PA does not have Reciprocity with. It costs more and has stricter requirements to get a CCW permit in FL than it does in PA.

Jerry 02-10-2013 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkf (Post 19968858)

We tried to keep this anti DB from getting elected but there is only so much you can do with large (highly dem voting) cities in the state. This legislation will not prevent anything. Dems call any gun law they do not agree with a "loophole".

Best thing for PA to do is to reroute the Delaware and give Philly to NJ, it would fit right in there. The city is nothing but a drain on PA.

That seems to be a very big problem in more and more states. The slum infested, give me free stuff over populated cities have the majority of votes and they vote for those wiling to give them free stuff. They also are the ones that believe the government can will and must protect them and that "guns" are bad because the TV tells them so. They don't have the mental ability to reason so they don't understand that it is people not guns that are the problem and that a government that gives you everything can take everything. Then we have people right here on GT that vote DemoRAT knowing full well the DemoRATic party wants us disarmed because "their" DemoRAT says he support the Second Amendment. And the MORONS believe them. We're fighting idiots from both ends. :faint:

DustyJacket 02-10-2013 08:51

Same as Kansas.
If you are a Kansas resident, then only a Kansas permit works for you.

Since Kansas is a 'shall issue' state, I am not opposed to this type of law.
If there is a justifiable reason you cannot get a permit in your own state, perhaps Florida does not have access to that information.

WASRfan 02-14-2013 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry (Post 19970044)
That seems to be a very big problem in more and more states. The slum infested, give me free stuff over populated cities have the majority of votes and they vote for those wiling to give them free stuff. They also are the ones that believe the government can will and must protect them and that "guns" are bad because the TV tells them so. They don't have the mental ability to reason so they don't understand that it is people not guns that are the problem and that a government that gives you everything can take everything. Then we have people right here on GT that vote DemoRAT knowing full well the DemoRATic party wants us disarmed because "their" DemoRAT says he support the Second Amendment. And the MORONS believe them. We're fighting idiots from both ends. :faint:

True EVERYWHERE. Just look at the poluted DNA pools of the urban areas...

Too many PA voters are old-skool "union" Dems - despite being hunters and gunowners and despite the unions being all but dead - they'd vote for Hitler if he ran as a Dem.

Anti-gun activists have already taken note of these facts; all these fudd-gunning deer hunters but too few are NRA members. They are now on the attack in PA.

dkf 02-14-2013 13:13

We also got a large problem with hunters and often times NRA members that want their "hunting guns" but are more than willing to throw "assault weapons" and "high capacity magazines" under the bus. The "I don't own an "assault rifle" and don't know why anyone needs one mentality". What they fail to realize is the slippery slope that legislation on those items often provide.