Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reloading (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Homemade 1050 ToolHead Stand (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472864)

EL_NinO619 02-19-2013 21:45

Homemade 1050 ToolHead Stand

Had to stay busy while I wait for my 1050..:whistling: Cost me $33 and less than a hour of my time. The Dillon "blue" paint was $20, I wanted a epoxy based paint for durability since I will be taking off and on somewhat frequently. A lot better than $60 for a single toolhead holder. Once I get my shellplates and other items I will cut grooves for the SP and holes for pins etc. I think I will even make some holes for the primer pickup tubes. Its not fancy metal, but its also not a cardboard box like I have seen others use. I would rather spend my money on another CC.:tongueout:

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps623a072a.jpg

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/a...psbc1a35ca.jpg

shotgunred 02-19-2013 22:43

Looks good.

I did something similar for the 650 but didn't paint it.

Hoser 02-19-2013 22:44

Very cool.

PCJim 02-19-2013 22:56

Very nice looking!!

I built one also, a 5 station unit, painted the same. I think I had posted pics of it back when I made it. I've since acquired more quick change units and am trying to decide on building a larger one or reverting back to the toolstands.

EL_NinO619 02-20-2013 14:56

Thanks!!

EL_NinO619 02-20-2013 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCJim (Post 20009144)
Very nice looking!!

I built one also, a 5 station unit, painted the same. I think I had posted pics of it back when I made it. I've since acquired more quick change units and am trying to decide on building a larger one or reverting back to the toolstands.

I'm not getting ya?

WiskyT 02-20-2013 18:23

I'll try to fill Jack's shoes here a bit:

"Big deal! A guy glues some toilet paper spindles to a board and thinks he should get an award. That's what's wrong with you kids these days. Too many soccer trophies even though your team came in last place and you sat on the bench."

PCJim 02-20-2013 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL_NinO619 (Post 20011636)
I'm not getting ya?

I've enough quick change assemblies now to fill about 9 posts, many more than the 5 post stand that I built. I'm not sure whether to ditch the 5 stand and build another that will hold 10+ toolheads, or just use the Dillon toolstands for the entire lot. While my bench is nothing worthy of a front page gun rag photo, I personally don't want a mixed setup on the bench.

I may be a CRB, but I do have some amount of pride. Maybe that's the true reason I like purdy brass?

PCJim 02-20-2013 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiskyT (Post 20012346)

"Big deal! A guy glues some toilet paper spindles to a board and thinks he should get an award. That's what's wrong with you kids these days. Too many soccer trophies even though your team came in last place and you sat on the bench."

Wisky, step back a bit. Justin (and I, for that matter) made something nifty from scratch, and actually worthy of being painted in blue Koolaid. And, as CRB's, aved a few pennies over buying the Dillon cast toolhead stands.

Nothing different than when posters take pride in their reloading caves and post pics of their benches, reloaded ammo, whatever.

EL_NinO619 02-20-2013 23:15

Quote:

Haters gonna hate..:supergrin: You have it all wrong (Jack would not be proud) See the kids who got soccer trophy's for nothing would have never built one when they could of just bought it with mommy's money, plus the kids your talking about don't know how to use they're hands... They are actually dowels, and do you not see that nifty router work.:crying:

EL_NinO619 02-20-2013 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCJim (Post 20013438)
I've enough quick change assemblies now to fill about 9 posts, many more than the 5 post stand that I built. I'm not sure whether to ditch the 5 stand and build another that will hold 10+ toolheads, or just use the Dillon toolstands for the entire lot. While my bench is nothing worthy of a front page gun rag photo, I personally don't want a mixed setup on the bench.

I may be a CRB, but I do have some amount of pride. Maybe that's the true reason I like purdy brass?

Got'cha.

Colorado4Wheel 02-21-2013 08:26

I think you should have written Hornady Sucks on the front.

Colorado4Wheel 02-21-2013 08:35

Or even better,

Thank God for Idiots Who Panic
And Pay Way to much for a LnL

Will that fit?

SigFTW 02-21-2013 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by EL_NinO619 (Post 20008858)
Had to stay busy while I wait for my 1050..:whistling: Cost me $33 and less than a hour of my time. The Dillon "blue" paint was $20, I wanted a epoxy based paint for durability since I will be taking off and on somewhat frequently. A lot better than $60 for a single toolhead holder. Once I get my shellplates and other items I will cut grooves for the SP and holes for pins etc. I think I will even make some holes for the primer pickup tubes. Its not fancy metal, but its also not a cardboard box like I have seen others use. I would rather spend my money on another CC.:tongueout:

That looks good, thanks for posting. I have been wanting to do the same thing, just need to take the time an build one.

SigFTW 02-21-2013 08:48

Quote:

:panties:

ejkoechling 02-21-2013 11:14

where did you get the dowels??. Did you turn them on a lath? "Them being so tall, does it make it top heavy??? Nice job by the way. Not bad for using toilet paper rolls and duct tape:wow:. joke:tongueout:

Hoser 02-21-2013 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel (Post 20014238)
I think you should have written Hornady Sucks on the front.

That is implied. No need to waste time writing it.

IndyGunFreak 02-21-2013 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel (Post 20014268)
Or even better,

Thank God for Idiots Who Panic
And Pay Way to much for a LnL

Will that fit?

:rofl:

WiskyT 02-21-2013 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SigFTW (Post 20014305)
:panties:

+

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCJim (Post 20013450)
Wisky, step back a bit. Justin (and I, for that matter) made something nifty from scratch, and actually worthy of being painted in blue Koolaid. And, as CRB's, aved a few pennies over buying the Dillon cast toolhead stands.

Nothing different than when posters take pride in their reloading caves and post pics of their benches, reloaded ammo, whatever.

=Clueless

EL_NinO619 02-21-2013 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejkoechling (Post 20014797)
where did you get the dowels??. Did you turn them on a lath? "Them being so tall, does it make it top heavy??? Nice job by the way. Not bad for using toilet paper rolls and duct tape:wow:. joke:tongueout:

Just your standard wood dowels, I went to Gahnal lumber.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=707568