Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Be careful out there, it can get more than just your badge! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1481685)

steveksux 04-12-2013 11:29

Be careful out there, it can get more than just your badge!

http://www.freep.com/article/2013041...ke-its-picture The badge can get you beaver... Its the shy ones you really gotta look out for...

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

blueiron 04-12-2013 11:49

Former Soviet Republic forbid photography, Comrade.

CitizenOfDreams 04-12-2013 13:31

In Communist Russia, beavers chase men.

Patchman 04-12-2013 18:40

That beaver might have been a rouge KGB attack beaver from the cold war!

scottydl 04-13-2013 08:11

Phil Robertson (re: Duck Dynasty) comments that while "yuppies" always think beaver are cute and cuddly, they are really nothing but giant rats and should all be killed as soon as possible.

J.ThaddeusToad 04-14-2013 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottydl (Post 20182184)
Phil Robertson (re: Duck Dynasty) comments that while "yuppies" always think beaver are cute and cuddly, they are really nothing but giant rats and should all be killed as soon as possible.

In that case, I'm gonna stab one as soon as I get home today! :rofl:

ChallengerSRT 04-14-2013 07:38

Now I know where the saying "save a tree, eat a beaver" came from.:whistling:

DAIadvisor 04-15-2013 04:37

Did he just stay there and wait for beaver to bite him? They're not exactly fast..

Probably was the Chernobyl mutated beaver..

txleapd 04-15-2013 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.ThaddeusToad (Post 20184672)
In that case, I'm gonna stab one as soon as I get home today! :rofl:

Be careful. They're hard to kill. You'll have to get in close and stab it repeatedly.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

indigent 04-15-2013 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by txleapd (Post 20187428)
Be careful. They're hard to kill. You'll have to get in close and stab it repeatedly.

From multiple attack positions..... You gotta out flank the beaver.....

lloydchristmas 04-15-2013 16:12

Quote:

Lure it in close with promises of chocolate and expensive shoes...

Texas357 04-15-2013 20:39

Quote:

Us army survival manual clearly says to swing them by the tail an beat them against a rock or something.

TBO 04-15-2013 20:50

Quote:

Beaver - Wait for the beaver to come on land, then club it, drop-kick it, hit it with a rock, or catch it by the tail. It is a sturdy animal, so if you catch it by the tail, swing it in a pendulum motion until it begins to relax, then swing it against a tree or the ground or use a noose to kill it. Another way to get a beaver is to dig out the beaver dam so the water drains. The beaver will come to inspect the damage at which time you can straddle the channel and grab the beaver by its tail as it swims through. Immediately start to swing the beaver as above. CAUTION: Take care to keep it from biting you. Its bite will leave a large wound.
:cool:

steveksux 04-15-2013 23:29

Odd. Never imagined they had teeth. And yet in hindsight, how could we not have known????

Randy

countrygun 04-15-2013 23:40

I know a couple of unlucky guys that had their careers ended by an evil beaver.

Tiro Fijo 04-16-2013 09:28

OfficerChris 04-16-2013 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 20190205)
I know a couple of unlucky guys that had their careers ended by an evil beaver.

haha

I guess one bite in big venes or arteries could end a life pretty quick.
Still its the man invading the animals territory - no reason to kill that animal.

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/

countrygun 04-16-2013 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficerChris (Post 20193066)
haha

I guess one bite in big venes or arteries could end a life pretty quick.
Still its the man invading the animals territory - no reason to kill that animal.

/posted from my mobile phone probably while sitting on the toilet/

Speaking of the aquatic mammal, Wait until your property is threatened by a beaver dam or your creek is contaminated with Giardia

See how cute they are then. It happened to a good friend of mine.

jfost11 04-16-2013 23:48

He should have dressed for the occasion.

fran m 04-17-2013 18:15

double post.

fran m 04-17-2013 18:19

I saw a video of this where it never shows the man who was supposedly killed. I'm sure they have strong teeth and jaws, I don't buy that it was able to get that good of a bite in on a man, who would be moving when the beaver jumped on him.

OfficerChris 04-19-2013 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 20193090)
Speaking of the aquatic mammal, Wait until your property is threatened by a beaver dam or your creek is contaminated with Giardia

See how cute they are then. It happened to a good friend of mine.

could happen of course, but its not like these are our enemies and you have to "kill em all".
They need a place to live too and if you go into their territory you have to behave.
Its like going into a forest and complaining about the animals there, shooting everything on sight.

Imho nature should always be preserved as good as possible and every animal should be handled with respect and care, even if its a wild one that attacks you.
If you get attacked - get out of there, if it doesnt work or is too dangerous scare it away with pepper spray, shooting in the ground or similar - if that is too dangerous or doesnt work - kill it.

blueiron 04-19-2013 06:45

Nuke and pave. It's the American way.

countrygun 04-19-2013 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficerChris (Post 20200381)
could happen of course, but its not like these are our enemies and you have to "kill em all".
They need a place to live too and if you go into their territory you have to behave.
Its like going into a forest and complaining about the animals there, shooting everything on sight.

Imho nature should always be preserved as good as possible and every animal should be handled with respect and care, even if its a wild one that attacks you.
If you get attacked - get out of there, if it doesnt work or is too dangerous scare it away with pepper spray, shooting in the ground or similar - if that is too dangerous or doesnt work - kill it.

"Could happen" ? are we having an internet/overseas translation problem here? It DID happen. did I not make that clear enough?

I live in "The Beaver State" and unfortunately it refers to the aquatic mammals.

Do you know what Giardia is? do you know how it is transmitted? Sorry but my State animal has no business around the human environment. Cute critters that they are, they are still a pain in the *** and a health hazard. Their 'dams" create swamps that become mosquito breeding grounds.

Did you REALLY say this,

"every animal should be handled with respect and care, even if its a wild one that attacks you."

??????

stay away from my area, where we actually live with the cuddly critters of the forest. You wouldn't like what you see. Reality bites.

OfficerChris 04-20-2013 02:36

We have enough problems here with other animals, but still the solution cant be to declare a war against the nature - thats sick.
Sometimes they are problems for the enviroment because there are too many, they transmit diseases or other things, but its not like its their decision. The human has a big influence when it comes to this by taking their space to live. As a result you cant handle all animals like pesty little critters and just kill them.

Preserve the nature as good as possible, one day you will regret it if you dont. Thats not hippie ****, thats important.