Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   GSSF (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bamatrooper... MIA? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502156)

SARDG 09-06-2013 16:48

Bamatrooper... MIA?

Many of you may not know - but I'll assume it's okay to post as Bama was talking about it with his brethren on Cop Talk... Sargeant BamaT was promoted to Lieutenant on July 1 and has a bunch more counties to supervise. Probably has something to do at least, with his infrequent posting lately.

Congratulations to our favorite trooper. I'm sure they picked the right man for the job.

diode 09-06-2013 17:02

I agree 100%, Bama is on top of what seems to be happening. jb

PM720 09-06-2013 17:27

I will add a big congratulations to this! Maybe he will consider moving to California and running for LA County Sherrif? :whistling:

Scott

SARDG 09-06-2013 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by PM720 (Post 20601466)
I will add a big congratulations to this! Maybe he will consider moving to California and running for LA County Sherrif? :whistling:

Scott

Even Bama is smarter than that! :rofl:

ede 09-07-2013 05:32

He's doing well. I just finished mowing his lawn and if it doesn't rain today am going to pick him up and take him to a steel match and then wash his CRV when we get back. He did make LT not long ago.

Don At PC 09-07-2013 07:55

Well Congratulations to Bama Trooper, he is a well deserving and hard working young trooper.

Don:patriot:

Alexd29 09-07-2013 12:41

Congrats Bama!
I figured anyone who could be in charge of Ed for so long and not go crazy, was probably due for a promotion! :director:

Roadkill_751 09-07-2013 17:27

!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ede (Post 20602307)
He's doing well. I just finished mowing his lawn and if it doesn't rain today am going to pick him up and take him to a steel match and then wash his CRV when we get back. He did make LT not long ago.

Ede,

Don't forget to polish his butter bar and clean his gun, since is too busy to do it himself. Oh yeah, you need to detail his new to him unmarked Crown Vic.

Seriously, since he was promoted his area of responsibilty has grown and he has more drama to handle. I spoken with him several days ago, he is doing well and getting adjusted to his new rank.

BamaTrooper 09-11-2013 13:22

Thanks for the warm and fuzzies.

Not only did I get promoted, but MY supervisor went on military duty so I am effectively a region commander instead of are commander until he gets back.

On a GSSF serious note, I haven't shot a match since Mobile of last year and will probably make only Mobile this year. I hope to have time (and money) for more matches next year but I need to cultivate a group of shooters here so we can travel together and ease fuel/room costs.

I hope to see some of you at the Mobile match and if things work out I will make 8 or 9 matches next year.

pochis 09-11-2013 13:34

congrats on the promotion.... we know you earned it but are you going to give ed anytime off.:faint:

Lord270 09-11-2013 13:49

Congress Bama, I will be making Mobile as well (my first match)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

SARDG 09-11-2013 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaTrooper (Post 20612774)
...I haven't shot a match since Mobile of last year and will probably make only Mobile this year...

Ugh... that reminds me of a certain document. I'll get right on it. :embarassed:

BamaTrooper 09-11-2013 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by pochis (Post 20612804)
congrats on the promotion.... we know you earned it but are you going to give ed anytime off.:faint:

Ed is taking a well earned weekend off and next week he leaves his "yard-hand" clothes behind and receives his new duds... a nice little butler/chauffer outfit so I can make it to a few matches.

ede 09-11-2013 17:07

Bama I'm shooting Ruger Rimfire in Lexington and Dayton weekend after this while I'm home to bring our stuff back to Alabama, what little bit that we have. If you don't mind riding in the trailer you can come along. Pretty sure pam wouldn't like riding in the trailer.

Butch 09-11-2013 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaTrooper (Post 20613144)
Ed is taking a well earned weekend off and next week he leaves his "yard-hand" clothes behind and receives his new duds... a nice little butler/chauffer outfit so I can make it to a few matches.

Since yer now an 'officer' officer, does that mean Ed is now an 'aide-de-camp'? :)

Congrats Bama! Hope you love your new job!

ede 09-12-2013 03:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butch (Post 20613589)
Since yer now an 'officer' officer, does that mean Ed is now an 'aide-de-camp'? :)

Congrats Bama! Hope you love your new job!

Does that mean Bama will be promoting me? "aide-de-camp" sounds better than what Bama usually calls me, dumbass.