Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   10mm Reloading Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Welcome to the 10mm Reloading Forum!!!! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178603)

MCNETT 08-22-2003 01:02

Welcome to the 10mm Reloading Forum!!!!

I wanted to be the first to welcome everyone to the newest forum on GT. It has been a long time coming and I am sure it will be worth the effort. Feel free to talk about anything having to do with 10mm loads, chrono data, data, accuracy, etc. 10mm shooters, it is your forum!
-Mike McNett

The following has been added by Tazz10m:

All people looking at the Reloading and 10mm Reloading Forums must read this disclaimer:

Reloading ammunition is inherently a dangerous activity. Please scrutinize all loads, comments, and suggestions provided by all persons posting on these forums. They are individual opinions and not endorsed by GlockTalk or any of its agents or employees.

Please reference manufacturer's reloading data for safety tips and maximum charges. Do not exceed manufacturer's recommended maximum limits. Some firearms may not withstand these loads. No warranties are provided. Consider your firearm and this data in tandem. Use extreme care and caution when working up loads. Use this data at your own risk.

If something happens, you have been warned.

Eddie C. 08-22-2003 07:50

Hey congratulations everyone! I think that's great. The Mods on this forum and members lobbied hard to open this forum. I hope you guys enjoy it. I don't own a 10mm yet but if Brooks keeps after me that may change!;)
Again, good luck!;f

08-22-2003 08:58

YEAH!!!! ;? ;W ;9

Been looking forward to this!

Tazz10m 08-22-2003 09:06

What the...??? Did i wake up into a dream??? Is this for real???

Wait! Eddies real.... well, in real life he's real anyway... if i get a response out of him, maybe that will prove this isn't some sort of cruel joke.

Hey Eddie.... repeat after me.... Got to get a 10.... Got to get a 10... Got to get a 10.... Got to get a 10... Got to get a 10.... Got to get a 10... Got to get a 10.... Got to get a 10...

;f

HEY MCNETT!!! WAAAZZZZUUUUP????

WE'RE HERE!!! WE'RE HERE!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!

...oh wait... this could still be a dream......;P

Eddie C. 08-22-2003 09:11

I have this overwhelming urge to fondle a G20 or G29. What could that be about?;P

;f ;f ;f

08-22-2003 09:21

Quote:

Originally posted by Eddie C.
I have this overwhelming urge to fondle a G20 or G29. What could that be about?;P

Gotta tell ya, Eddie, I picked up a used G20 (2nd gen adj sights < $450.00) a short while back, and I'm in serious LUV here. So much so that I'm considering getting rid of my G22's.... (that scares me)

Steve

Jumper 08-22-2003 09:42

Quote:

Originally posted by sjstill
Gotta tell ya, Eddie, I picked up a used G20 (2nd gen adj sights < $450.00) a short while back, and I'm in serious LUV here. So much so that I'm considering getting rid of my G22's.... (that scares me)

Steve

...and so another prostelyte (sp?) has begun the inevitable journey down the path of 10mm enlightenment. Welcome brother ;f

TScottW99 08-22-2003 11:37

Know what ya' mean Eddie.... just left the gun store and was fondling a Glock 20. Now I just need the $$$$$ ;f

08-22-2003 11:46

Quote:

Originally posted by Jumper
...and so another prostelyte (sp?) has begun the inevitable journey down the path of 10mm enlightenment. Welcome brother ;f
I can hear 'Ol Darth's voice in my head now; "Steve, come over to the dark side..."

I don't really hear voices in my head. Honest....

Steve

AC37 08-22-2003 12:04

This forum is finally open? Am I still dreaming or awake? ;P

ECVMatt 08-22-2003 12:15

Glad to see this finally up and running...

good luck and best wishes.

Matt

Tazz10m 08-22-2003 13:33

Quote:

Originally posted by sjstill
I can hear 'Ol Darth's voice in my head now; "Steve, come over to the dark side..."

I don't really hear voices in my head. Honest....

Steve

Actually, coming over to the 10mm side is not coming over to the dark side... it's really coming over to the Light side... it's everybody else that's in the dark.... ;i

Hear that Eddie? Just a little something for you to consider. We'll leave a Light on for ya. ;f

swampmaster 08-22-2003 14:42

YIPPIE !!!!!!!!;Y ;Y ;Y This makes me so Happy.

Now if we can get MCNETT to publish a reloading guide just for the 10mm

Mwinter 08-22-2003 16:23

Hunting....

AndABeer 08-22-2003 16:23

kewl, just received several flavors of VihtaVuori from Powder Valley Inc via UPS, look forward to posting the results here soon

;c

G7 08-22-2003 22:38

HOOO-WAAAH !!!

;P :) :cool: ;e ;f ;a ;) ETC . . . ETC . . . ETC . . .

GOTTA GET A CHRONOGRAPH . . . GOTTA GET A CHRONOGRAPH . . . GOTTA GET A CHRONOGRAPH . . . GOTTA GET A CHRONOGRAPH . . . GOTTA GET A CHRONOGRAPH . . . GOTTA GET A CHRONOGRAPH . . . GOTTA GET A CHRONOGRAPH . . .

0100010 08-23-2003 10:46

Wow! This forum is finally open, I don't beleive it.....

I guess it's finally time I pick up a G29, and all that reloading gear too. Can't be too hard to start out reloading on 10mm and .357sig. ;g

Saw your website Mike, looks great, good luck with the new forum and the new site. Hopefully I can expand my knowledge and enjoyment of firearms even more here.

08-23-2003 11:27

Quote:

Originally posted by 0100010
Wow! This forum is finally open, I don't beleive it.....

I guess it's finally time I pick up a G29, and all that reloading gear too. Can't be too hard to start out reloading on 10mm and .357sig. ;g

I'm not an expert reloader by any means, but learning on 357 SIG might be counter-productive - bottlenecks are a pain in the, well, neck. No carbide dies (unless you have $$$), gotta lube every one, etc, etc...

Straight wall pistol (& rifle) cases go a lot faster ;f

My 0.02,

Steve

0100010 08-23-2003 22:21

Quote:

....learning on 357 SIG might be counter-productive....

I know, I know.... ;f Although I do want both a G29, and to eventually start reloading, it is something that I will have to work up to. I will get a G29 one day. Then a while later start out with a reloading setup. On my current budget, it will be a while before I am where I want to be financially, but once I'm there I can treat myself to a new "toy" much more often.

I think it was more the amazement of the new forum opening, than anything else.... ;f

MakeMineA10mm 08-24-2003 05:59

HOLY &#!@

It's open...???? I must've missed a meeting!!!!;f;f;f