Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Santa brought me a crock pot. Now, bring on the recipes! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208942)

The Pontificator 12-25-2003 19:25

Santa brought me a crock pot. Now, bring on the recipes!

How 'bout some crock pot recipes?

freepatriot 12-25-2003 20:02

I went to a Christmas party where a Crock Pot was being used to simmer Apple Cider.

YUMM.

The Pontificator 12-26-2003 09:46

My first crock pot recipe...

...it's simmering away as you read this:

Polish Sausage & Cabbage

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs Polish sausage, sliced or cubed
1/2 a cabbage head, coarsely sliced
1 small potato, peeled and sliced
1 large onion, sliced
14 oz. chicken broth
1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
salt and pepper to taste
Preparation

Place sliced cabbage in crockpot. Toss with diced potato, salt and caraway
seeds. Add sliced onion and Polish sausage. Pour chicken broth over all;
stir lightly. Cover and cook on Low setting for 8 to 10 hours (on HIGH
setting for 2 to 4 hours). This dish is delicious served with mustard,
horseradish and boiled new potatoes. Makes 4 servings (about 3 1/2 quarts).

I guess I'll be sleeping outside tonight. ;f

allanc 12-26-2003 21:38

Pont,

Here are almost 1000 recipes for you.

http://www.recipesource.com/main-dis.../indexall.html

ExxoticOne 12-26-2003 21:56

Pot Roast, bottle of dark beer, cup of dark brown sugar, "hard" veggies like turnips, carrots, potatos, squash..whatever you like, garlic, tobasco sauce...set it on medium for 8 hours...EAT!

The Pontificator 12-26-2003 22:39

Quote:

Originally posted by allanc
Pont,

Here are almost 1000 recipes for you.

http://www.recipesource.com/main-dis.../indexall.html

WOW!!! ;f :):cool:

Thanks!

nickg 12-29-2003 10:25

Quote:

Originally posted by scottauld
I went to a Christmas party where a Crock Pot was being used to simmer Apple Cider.

was it Dicken's Cider? i know on a cold evening there is nothing my wife likes more than a hot Dicken's Cider!! ;f ;f ;f

HandyMan Hugh 12-29-2003 12:03

Heh Heh Heh

Never mind the Fruitcake Lady, The Pontificator is now GT's Official Crack--er Crock-Pot!! ~1 ~1 ^b^b^3

Dragline 12-29-2003 16:43

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203636

Patricia 12-30-2003 08:44

Quote:

Originally posted by scottauld

YUMM.

I did that too. I was grocery shopping on a very cold day just before Christmas and a nice lady was giving out samples of hot cider. I used her recipe in my crock pot and it was delicious. Warms you right up, (especially if you add a splash of rum ;f) and it makes the kitchen smell nice too.

Apple cider
Torani Carmel Flavored Syrup (which is also great in coffee)
Cinnamon

The cider will take a while to get warm so depending on how much time you have, put on high if you need it quicker, or low if you have more time. If you do use high, be careful not to serve it too hot. I don't really measure the quantities of the carmel syrup, I just throw some in and then taste it to see if it needs more (wait until it is warm though, the flavors are stronger then). Don't add the cinnamon until the mixture gets warm as the cinnamon won't mix in well cold.

OXCOPS 12-30-2003 09:18

Quote:

Originally posted by Sidearmor
I did that too. I was grocery shopping on a very cold day just before Christmas and a nice lady was giving out samples of hot cider. I used her recipe in my crock pot and it was delicious. Warms you right up, (especially if you add a splash of rum ;f) and it makes the kitchen smell nice too.

Apple cider
Torani Carmel Flavored Syrup (which is also great in coffee)
Cinnamon

The cider will take a while to get warm so depending on how much time you have, put on high if you need it quicker, or low if you have more time. If you do use high, be careful not to serve it too hot. I don't really measure the quantities of the carmel syrup, I just throw some in and then taste it to see if it needs more (wait until it is warm though, the flavors are stronger then). Don't add the cinnamon until the mixture gets warm as the cinnamon won't mix in well cold.

Starbucks was selling this exact thing for $2.75 for a small cup! ;g It sure is good though!

If you have anymore, I'll be there in 20 minutes! ;f

Patricia 12-30-2003 10:50

For you Ox, I'll make a whole big batch. ;f

OXCOPS 12-30-2003 17:08

Quote:

Originally posted by Sidearmor
For you Ox, I'll make a whole big batch. ;f

Darlin', if you throw in a plate of meatballs, I'M THERE YESTERDAY!! ;f

Wait a minute. Meatballs and apple cider. That just doesn't go together. Guess I'll have to stay overnight for breakfast too! ;f

HandyMan Hugh 12-30-2003 17:28

Heh Heh Heh

Patricia, Ox isn't easy, but he IS cheap. ;i ;G ;T

OXCOPS 12-31-2003 09:17

Re: Heh Heh Heh

Quote:

Originally posted by HandyMan Hugh
Patricia, Ox isn't easy, but he IS cheap. ;i ;G ;T

But when I am really hungry, it's the other way around. It is easy to find something I like, but it won't be cheap once I'm done! ;f

HandyMan Hugh 12-31-2003 10:31

Hi, OX. RE your last postBon Appetite. Have a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!!;H ;8 ^c

colorado23 01-03-2004 13:48

My friends and I had a few (aka several) beers last night and decided to make deer burger chili in my crock pot. It is so good. The problem is we just sorta threw a bunch of stuff in, probably couldn't do it again. I guess that's what is great about crock pots, everything comes out GOOD.

The Pontificator 01-03-2004 22:23

gonna do BBQ chicken next.

Polska Kielbasa and cabbage/kraut is great, but I've made three batches so far and it's getting a tad old. That, and I tend to go through Beano tablets like there's no tomorrow ;f and that stuff is not exactly cheap.

SoDFW Jason 01-06-2004 11:36

Quote:

Originally posted by The Pontificator
gonna do BBQ chicken next.

Polska Kielbasa and cabbage/kraut is great, but I've made three batches so far and it's getting a tad old. That, and I tend to go through Beano tablets like there's no tomorrow ;f and that stuff is not exactly cheap.

Please share with us how to do the BBQ chicken in the CrockPot kind sir!;f

The Pontificator 01-06-2004 16:29

Quote:

Originally posted by SoDFW Jason
Please share with us how to do the BBQ chicken in the CrockPot kind sir!;f
Will probably use one of the recipes from the URL allanc listed above.