Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Band of Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   cz75b tune-up (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256945)

glck17 06-14-2004 00:13

cz75b tune-up

To all cz75/85 owners:

what did you do to enhance your pistol for ipsc prod competition? how about the costs? waiting period? all replies will be deeply appreciated. thanks!:)

batangueno 06-14-2004 04:03

I think you should enhance your CZ to look like this:

http://www.imageseek.com/hbeleather/...r/Cimg0538.jpg

JuDGe 06-14-2004 05:15

I just installed an LPA fully adjustable sights (P2600), and a nice trigger job from TP (P1500, 3days). ^c

Batangueno: Di yata puwede ang may engraving sa production ;f

Valor1 06-14-2004 05:54

Allowed na ba leather jacket sa competition? ehem;Q

Eye Cutter 06-14-2004 06:17

Batangueno: That's my kind of CZ!!! nabuhay na naman si Cheska Zubumoko!!!!

glck17: eto litanya ko for the CZ...treat this as doctrine and you'll save a lot of time, effort and money setting up your CZ-75/85 for ipsc production division!

1. Get a good trigger job. My 85B has 7lb DA and 2.5lb SA pull. Si Churchill, yung dating gunsmith ng PB ang gumawa. Yung triggers ng CZ nila Judge at Casmot si TP ang gumawa. Yung kay Allegra saka mga Team Armscor PD players si Jun Tuason ang current favorite when it comes to trigger jobs but I don't know where his shop is. I think it's in Pasig.

2. The original 75B mags have the solid black/gray followers and hold only 15rds. Use CZ-85B 16rd mags with the red/black hollow followers with legs. You can get 17 rds in when the springs break-in.

Aftermarket mags are allowed in PD so you can opt to buy the Mecgar 17rd magazines specifically made for the CZ at Twin Pines. 18rds will fit when the springs break-in.

You can also use 17rd Jericho/Tanfoglio magazine as your no. 1 magazine, but it has a square lip. The CZ has a round lip profile. The jericho/tanfoglio 17rd magazine will snag during mag change. 18rds will also fit when the springs break-in.

Use only original CZ thin wire mag springs and don't ever cut any coils.

3. Remove tha magazine brake inside the grip and straighten it out using 2 pliers so the mags fall free when you push the mag catch. Be very careful, the mag brake is made of spring wire and is very brittle.

4. If you have small hands, get the original CZ thin rubber grips. This is what I prefer. Others like the orig. plastic grips. Some don't like the rubber grips because they're too sticky, mahirap mag adjust ng grip.

5. The polymer and nickel plating finishes are very slick. Put skateboard tape on the front strap, slide and frame.

6. you can replace the fixed rear sights with LPA adjustable rear sights. You can paint your sights however you like it. Some prefer plain black or 3-dots with the same or different colors on the dots. I prefer plain black rear and an orange front sight.

Since magkakalaban tayo sa PD, tama na muna mga tips na ito para meron pa akong maitatagong ibang secrets! hehehe. enjoy your new toy!!! ;K

Eye Cutter 06-14-2004 07:39

forgot to add: Excessive dry firing without a dummy round or cushion bet. the hammer and firing pin will break the roll pin and/or the tip of the firing pin.

Get a spare slide stop and keep it in your range bag. A quick fix is to use a cut to size drill bit.

;K

glck17 06-14-2004 20:16

thanks again guys!:)

Eye Cutter: what do you mean by "a quick fix is to use a cut to size drill bit"? and yung trigger job na 7lb DA, 2.5lb SA hine ba nag "hammer down"?

Eye Cutter 06-14-2004 22:43

naputulan ng slide stop sa Toot's Cup in Rosales yung brother ko. when he ordered the slide stop from PB, out of stock. So he got a broken drill bit with the same diameter as the slide stop and pina-putol sa gunsmith ng PB. yun muna ginamit until dumating piyesa. hanggang ngayon, yun ang spare slide stop niya.

regarding the trigger pull, wala akong nagiging problema. Yung 75B ni JuDGe mas maganda pa nga trigger pull!

glck17 06-14-2004 22:53

thanks! baka pwede mo ko PM re ammo specs for your CZ.:) (kung OK lang)

Eye Cutter 06-14-2004 23:14

We just follow the VV reloading specs. sa PB. Iba-iba gamit naming heads. Plain lead, copper plated, fmj, etc. and of different weights. Basta ang target PF namin for the CZ bet 132-135. More than that and the handling becomes too flippy.

I usually use N320 or N340 powder. Yung iba ADI AP-70, but it has a wide spread in velocity bec. of the dispensing quality of flake powder.

Saan ba kayo nagpapaload sa DPSA? Pumunta nga pala mga kasama ko sa level 1 shoot ninyo kahapon.

glck17 06-15-2004 00:57

ok sir. how about yung OAL? yes nagpunta mga Team PB nung sunday. Adong just whop my A** in prod to take 1st place.(2nd ako);)

Eye Cutter 06-15-2004 06:44

Congrats! parati nga kami pinapagalitan ni Coach Adong kasi matigas daw ulo namin. Di kasi kami sumusunod sa turo niya! iba diskarte namin sa kanya! hehehe. Ayos na ayos ang CZ panglaro!

Regarding the OAL, we use the VV recommended of 1.142in.

Allegra 06-15-2004 08:40

Quote:

Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Batangueno: That's my kind of CZ!!! nabuhay na naman si Cheska Zubumoko!!!!

glck17: eto litanya ko for the CZ...treat this as doctrine and you'll save a lot of time, effort and money setting up your CZ-75/85 for ipsc production division!

1. Get a good trigger job. My 85B has 7lb DA and 2.5lb SA pull. Si Churchill, yung dating gunsmith ng PB ang gumawa. Yung triggers ng CZ nila Judge at Casmot si TP ang gumawa. Yung kay Allegra saka mga Team Armscor PD players si Jun Tuason ang current favorite when it comes to trigger jobs but I don't know where his shop is. I think it's in Pasig.

2. The original 75B mags have the solid black/gray followers and hold only 15rds. Use CZ-85B 16rd mags with the red/black hollow followers with legs. You can get 17 rds in when the springs break-in.

Aftermarket mags are allowed in PD so you can opt to buy the Mecgar 17rd magazines specifically made for the CZ at Twin Pines. 18rds will fit when the springs break-in.

You can also use 17rd Jericho/Tanfoglio magazine as your no. 1 magazine, but it has a square lip. The CZ has a round lip profile. The jericho/tanfoglio 17rd magazine will snag during mag change. 18rds will also fit when the springs break-in.

Use only original CZ thin wire mag springs and don't ever cut any coils.

3. Remove tha magazine brake inside the grip and straighten it out using 2 pliers so the mags fall free when you push the mag catch. Be very careful, the mag brake is made of spring wire and is very brittle.

4. If you have small hands, get the original CZ thin rubber grips. This is what I prefer. Others like the orig. plastic grips. Some don't like the rubber grips because they're too sticky, mahirap mag adjust ng grip.

5. The polymer and nickel plating finishes are very slick. Put skateboard tape on the front strap, slide and frame.

6. you can replace the fixed rear sights with LPA adjustable rear sights. You can paint your sights however you like it. Some prefer plain black or 3-dots with the same or different colors on the dots. I prefer plain black rear and an orange front sight.

Since magkakalaban tayo sa PD, tama na muna mga tips na ito para meron pa akong maitatagong ibang secrets! hehehe. enjoy your new toy!!! ;K

Jun tuason- 6375006
trigger job and grip tape
DA 5lbs sa 2lbs

Eye Cutter 06-15-2004 08:49

Master A: san ba shop ni Jun Tuason?

glck17 06-15-2004 21:30

thanks again Sir Eye Cutter. Mapuntahan nga si Jun Tuason para sa trigger job.;)

cznayr 06-16-2004 00:40

sirs, can you tell me where i can buy wolff recoil springs 16# for my .40 cz75b?

Allegra 06-17-2004 08:40

Jun T shop sa bahay nya sa pasig
Dulo ng shaw yun eh, alam ko malapit sa Victoria court

CZnayr why do you need to change springs?

cznayr 06-17-2004 19:51

Allegra,

my gun throws brass at 10-12 feet.. undersprung ang reocil spring ko

PMMA97 06-17-2004 23:04

Quote:

Originally posted by cznayr
Allegra,

my gun throws brass at 10-12 feet.. undersprung ang reocil spring ko

Excuse my ignorance, but is that a bad thing? What are the negative effects of an undersprung CZ? Thanks to the group. :)

cznayr 06-17-2004 23:51

pmma97,

potential damage to the pistol from frame battering, specially sa slide stop...
felt recoil would also improve pag medyo ok na yung recoil spring mo...

pag sobrang lapit naman ng tapon ng brass, malang masyadong heavy ang recoil spring mo....