Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Flight Deck (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Funny heard on the radio the other day (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257210)

Superfueler 06-14-2004 19:45

Funny heard on the radio the other day

Here in MHT, there are a few foxes that run around on the airport. They've been here for a long time, and never have caused any problems. One of their main routes take them right accross a busy taxiway, and they are sometimes spotted by airline crews. Not much is done about it, but ATC will let everyone that might be in the area know about the critters. So the other night, I heard this exchange on the radio....

FDX 1212: Manchester Ground, FedEx 1212, we just saw a fox cross the taxiway, left to right.

MHT Ground: FedEx 1212, roger. Northwest 1896, use caution, there was a fox reported on taxiway Echo.

NW 1896: Northwest 1896, roger.

MHT Ground: Southwest 1096, use caution for the fox reported on taxiway echo.

SW 1069: Southwest 1096, roger.

MHT Ground: Southwest 858, watch out for the fox.

SW 858: I'm always watching out for foxes.

Texas T 06-14-2004 22:02

;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

As soon as I read the second line I knew where that was going. ;f

TheGrinch 06-15-2004 07:44

There is a fox residing on the north end of DFW. Eventually, some nimrod will report it, causing the airport dweebs to launch a full assault on the furry critter, usually chasing it on to the active runway, causing lengthy delays.

If they would just leave it alone, there would be no problem. It doesn't want to get squashed by large, noisy contraptions!

Grinch

geoffinak 06-16-2004 03:20

Flying out of MYF one early morning which is very close to SAN I broadcasted my take off over the closed tower frequency and off I went. As a rule from flying in Alaska I always monitor the emergency comm. As I switched to departure I heard a SW pilot roger a call and then started into a 20 minute, very detailed account of his last nights love encounter with a Flight Attendant. The PF is laughing his head off, nothing was left for the imagination. In between the story they were joking about, wonder what happens if I hit this switch, duhh this will wake them up back there, again laughing their heads off.
Little did the commuter PIC. know that his mike was stuck open on the departure frequency for the SD to LA route. ATC was going absolutely nuts as they could not reach or break through to open the frequency to stop the love story and had oh about a few dozen flights vectored everywhere by the LA Center and departure around or hold because these guys are just blowing through the air space with no radio contact..
Their laughing, joking and just carrying on, totally oblivious that no other radio comm was happening, although once they said, hey pretty quite today huh....Ya were lucky, no idiots up here. Rather strange for the SD to LA route to have a silent radio. ATC put out a call on the emergency comm channel and I was the only responder. ATC found out a company frequency and I was able to overtake them and ATC vectored me within a mile or so, it was VFR on top, good visibility and that was close enough for me to see these guys and they could hear me on a company comm. I said, hey guys good morning, ahh who's this, King Air 36xx Z, we all have loved the story of your girlfriend, especially ATC, but you have had a hot mike from your last call, dead silence, ATC requests that you check your mike and turn to a different frequency, ahh ya thanks, hey, how long we been on, well lets just say we all know what you did last night in detail, contact ATC. I sure would not have liked to been in those guys shoes, if they had any left. As the regular ATC freq opened ATC said, SK contact SD Tower Chief, LA Center and Company Chief Pilot upon landing. I always thought they probably parachuted out somewhere before Long Beach.....
Geoff

Skyhook 06-17-2004 04:52

Foxes? Here we are dealing with lots of deer, the occasional moose and bumbling bear.
Twilight operations can prove exciting events.

sopdan 06-29-2004 17:27

About a year ago I had a flock of about 10-15 cranes cross the runway in front of me while taxiing back. They turned out to be an omen because the alternator failed on takeoff right afterward.

ChinaCave 07-02-2004 10:56

Turtle Report

One day a few years ago at DXR (Danbury CT - a wildlife sanctuary with an associated landing strip...) there was a turtle catching some rays while crossing the approach end. Damn thing took its time, and the radio was full of tower and landing and departing pilots checking in with the turtle status report. One arriving A/C, evidently thinking that the whole thing was a put-on, crossed the fence and exclaimed "holy Sh**! there's a Fu***** turtle here!"

Wulfenite 07-03-2004 16:20

Quote:

Originally posted by geoffinak
As I switched to departure I heard a SW pilot roger a call and then started into a 20 minute, very detailed account of his last nights love encounter with a Flight Attendant.
You'd think someone would have come up with a glaring pannel light that would start blinking when the mike is keyed. Could save a lot of pilot embarresment and ATC frustration.

geoffinak 07-03-2004 21:32

Quote:

Originally posted by Wulfenite
You'd think someone would have come up with a glaring pannel light that would start blinking when the mike is keyed. Could save a lot of pilot embarresment and ATC frustration.

Well the real tip off was, they were in airspace between LAX and SAN a pretty busy place..once they even said "kinda quite today" Duuhhh. You always have to be aware of something that's just not right. That will be the thing that bites.
Safe landings to all
Geoff

Bill Powell 07-21-2004 06:41

Funny heard on the radio the other day

Reader's Digest used to do a "Life In The Military". Back in the late fifties or sixties they published a story about a student pilot at Keesler AFB, miss. He was soloing, up screwing around by himself, when he got what he thought was a funny idea. He keys up his radio and says, "PILOT TO TOWER, PILOT TO TOWER, I'M A BANANA, EAT ME, EAT ME."

Return transmission was, "TOWER TO PILOT, TOWER TO PILOT, CONSIDER YOURSELF EATEN, YOU'RE THE ONLY AIRCRAFT IN THE AIR."