Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Band of Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Practice (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273158)

one_eye_kirat 08-05-2004 18:36

Practice

Where do you guys usually practice firing? How many rounds per session do you consume and how many times a week.

9MX 08-05-2004 18:40

for metro bogs,

armscor
pbdionisio
northstar

rounds used, anywhere from 50 up. depende sa magkakasama

bulm540 08-05-2004 18:46

200 rds usually every weekend.

Eye Cutter 08-05-2004 19:46

one_eye_kirat: if you want to practice with any of the BoGs, madali naman mag-sked. san ka ba nakatira? para alam natin saan maganda ang venue.

prepare at least 100 rds. 200 rds is better, pero depende sa gusto mo na i-practice na mga drills. kung marskmanship, medyo marami.

we usually consume less than 100 rds during extensive practice kasi movement drills na ang inaaral namin.

PS: are you really kirat? if yes, libre na consultation mo sa amin ni doctabako...;f

jasonub 08-05-2004 19:53

300 mininmum rounds, lyndon shoots 1000

mc_oliver 08-05-2004 20:38

I always target 50 rounds min, weekly. Kaso pag stages ang pina practice kulang na kulang. :)

horge 08-05-2004 22:58

pbdionisio 100-200 rounds every other week, at best

Was hoping to sign up with Northstar (and therefore with a few other Armscor ranges), but the ventilation system at the MCS location isn't giving me encouragement

doctabako 08-05-2004 23:37

Usually, the only time i can "practice" is during competitions especially when they're held one after the other although i do try to practice one day before competitions if i have the time, or twice a month on lean months.
Usually a minimum of 100 rounds :)

rhino465 08-05-2004 23:43

Most of my practice is also matches, so I shoot what I need to engage the targets properly.

On thos occasions when I practice outside of matches, I usually don't go over 150 rounds for .45ACP. More than that and 1) it gets too expensive, 2) fatigue begins to play a role.

I go through a lot more rounds when I shoot .22, but that's almost always plinking rather than any kind of deliberate practice. On the other hand, I plan to do more offhand shooting with my .22 rifle to help my offhand 3-gun shooting, so that could change.

Most of your practice should be dry fire, but that is something I just can't seem to get myself to do.

Allegra 08-06-2004 00:55

Quote:

Originally posted by doctabako
Usually, the only time i can "practice" is during competitions especially when they're held one after the other although i do try to practice one day before competitions if i have the time, or twice a month on lean months.
Usually a minimum of 100 rounds :)

Same here, I found formal practice boring ( masarap may pusta :)
Yung match na rin ang practice , pang gigimik ko nalang yung dapat pangpraktis ko ;)
Pero , dryfire am, pm and in between
Depende sa goals mo, what level you want to reach

doctabako 08-06-2004 01:42

Quote:

Originally posted by Allegra

Depende sa goals mo, what level you want to reach

True, Master and GM Class shooters like for example Lito Pible used to practice everyday at 300 rounds minimum. Now at his level, he says he only practices 2-3 times a week with the same no. of rounds.
I wish i had the time to do that :grin:

cznayr 08-06-2004 04:42

bogs, pamember na ako ng armscor.. ayoko na sa westpoint.. ala ako natututunan.. pasali hah!

thanks

Allegra 08-06-2004 04:46

Quote:

Originally posted by doctabako
True, Master and GM Class shooters like for example Lito Pible used to practice everyday at 300 rounds minimum. Now at his level, he says he only practices 2-3 times a week with the same no. of rounds.
I wish i had the time to do that :grin:

hahaha nekow, maniwala ka don pards

one_eye_kirat 08-06-2004 04:54

Quote:

Originally posted by Eye Cutter
one_eye_kirat: if you want to practice with any of the BoGs, madali naman mag-sked. san ka ba nakatira? para alam natin saan maganda ang venue.

prepare at least 100 rds. 200 rds is better, pero depende sa gusto mo na i-practice na mga drills. kung marskmanship, medyo marami.

we usually consume less than 100 rds during extensive practice kasi movement drills na ang inaaral namin.

PS: are you really kirat? if yes, libre na consultation mo sa amin ni doctabako...;f

advanced na pala ang mga training niyo. where can i find a good range in qc that has a complete variety of targets such as swingers, running man, plate racks, statics, etc... how much is the damage in regards for the usage of ur respective range. how about the reloading cost for every type of heads and caliber (9mm preferably since im into production).

Questions Ulet:

1. What's the highest position you've got in a Level III match?
2. What's your average percentage for every Level III match?
3. How high is your priority (please choose from 1-5, 1 being the highest) for this sport.
4. How long have you been shooting/competing?
5. You know how to do the moonwalk? nye!

one_eye_kirat 08-06-2004 05:10

Quote:

hindi po sir ;)

jasonub 08-06-2004 05:51

i started competing last october with oliver. I only compete on club level matches before that.

best place is 5th
for level 3 best is 17th last bolo cup (my first level 3) standard
i shoot 300 per week mostly on steel and to improve my weaknesses
i only have 2 level 3 on my belt and it came after 1 week of each other. 75 %

shooting for 5 years competing just recently

its my first priority to be the best!:) I beat bengie belarmino, now my sights are aimed for lito pible, then tgo;Q

rhino465 08-06-2004 06:25

Okay ... someone tell me what "kirat" means, please!

Re: practice ... on the Enos Forums, I sometimes take a beating because I like to complain about how bad I am and how badly I'd done in a match, but I won't do the dry fire practice necessary to improve. There are some dry fire "true believers" there and I think they are right, but I'm just too lazy to do it. ;f

ogiebb 08-06-2004 06:44

i used to reload and shoot a boatload of ammo in practice : ) but since shooting and training with some good shooters i. realized its not the quantity of ammo that you shoot its the Quality of practice that you get thats important..

one_eye_kirat 08-06-2004 07:10

9th place
60-70%
2nd priority
been shooting/competing for almost a year
joined 4 level III

does anyone here have a copy of steve anderson's dry fire book? feedbacks pls....

Eye Cutter 08-06-2004 08:11

cousin rhino: kirat = ptosis. drooping eyelid ;g