Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Band of Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Caspian Slide/Scheumman(whatever the spelling is) (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279127)

9MX 08-23-2004 23:09

Caspian Slide/Scheumman(whatever the spelling is)
 
It seems that Caspian is the preferred slide of 1911 shooters? why?

since the cost is way above the regular 1911 slides out there, what gives?

Same question for the Scheumman barrel? Why should one get it? for prestige/display?

Hehehehe...halata bang may plano ako;f

Eye Cutter 08-23-2004 23:36

Gunsmith's Expertise
 
No, not really, you can use other brands and get exceptional accuracy bec. aftermarket slides and barrels are oversized so you get an incredibly tight fit.

But that is true only if your gunsmith knows what he is doing...

Slides: Caspian, STI, SVI, SPS
Barrels: Kart, Barsto, Schuemann, STI

jasonub 08-24-2004 00:58

depends on what you want, If i were to build another standard gun slide will be svi and barrel will be limcat tungsten sleeved,

now my slide is sti and barrel is schuemann

batangueno 08-24-2004 01:20

Ang ganda ng balak mo ah. ;f

I think the reason why the brands Doc mentioned are preferred by shooters is due to their good reputation. Tried and tested na di ba. :)

9MX 08-24-2004 03:01

Quote:

Originally posted by batangueno
Ang ganda ng balak mo ah. ;f

I think the reason why the brands Doc mentioned are preferred by shooters is due to their good reputation. Tried and tested na di ba. :)

hmmm...may kilala ako, tapos na magbalak. tinuluyan na!;f

abangan;z

batangueno 08-24-2004 03:08

Quote:

Originally posted by 9MX
hmmm...may kilala ako, tapos na magbalak. tinuluyan na!;f

abangan;z

;z hahaha...parang kilala ko na 'yan. ;f

mc_oliver 08-24-2004 03:46

Caspian has been around for quite sometime. It seems their quality has been consistent all the years kaya popular choice sya.

As for Schuemann, not sure where it started, baka sa SV dati. Anyway, Barsto maganda rin.

Kuha ka ng quality parts is never wrong. Problema lang kung duling nag fit ng parts mo. Kahit ano'ng ganda ng parts, pag mali fitting, hanggang display na lang talaga baril mo. ;);f

julianz 08-24-2004 04:04

barrels/slides
 
question lang mga sir, if you purchase a replacement barrel or slide do you still need an extra permit for that or can you buy it over the counter.

9MX 08-24-2004 04:40

Re: barrels/slides
 
Quote:

Originally posted by julianz
question lang mga sir, if you purchase a replacement barrel or slide do you still need an extra permit for that or can you buy it over the counter.

nope

9MX 08-24-2004 04:47

Re: Gunsmith's Expertise
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Eye Cutter
No, not really, you can use other brands and get exceptional accuracy bec. aftermarket slides and barrels are oversized so you get an incredibly tight fit.

But that is true only if your gunsmith knows what he is doing...

Slides: Caspian, STI, SVI, SPS
Barrels: Kart, Barsto, Schuemann, STI

okay, i'll push this a bit further. what's wrong with an .40 armscor slide and bull barrel? assuming it doesn't break in 500 rounds;Q

for an armscor, i was told that the firing group needs to be replaced, some gunsmithing here and there for reliability and cosmetics. this could probably end up at around 60k

in eyecutter's post last year, sps frame and slide, and schuemann barrel, ed brown parts and sti firing group would amount to 80k, its maybe 90k now.

assuming the armscor is fitted nicely, the only difference between these two options would be....pedigree?;Q

now all of a sudden we need dog city;f

Eye Cutter 08-24-2004 06:14

yung isang kilala natin nakakuha ng extra sweet deal with a long dust cover SPS! 4 mags na, hulugan pa!!! ;Q

Meron pa ako alam nagbebenta ng SPS .40cal na long dust din. He got it last year for 100k but its hardly been used bec. the owner now uses 9mm in IPSC PD. 1 mag lang kasama. 85k gusto.

Eye Cutter 08-24-2004 06:27

Re: Re: Gunsmith's Expertise
 
Quote:

Originally posted by 9MX
okay, i'll push this a bit further. what's wrong with an .40 armscor slide and bull barrel? assuming it doesn't break in 500 rounds;Q
Wala! it's not the car, it's Michael Schumacher remember!?!

Quote:

for an armscor, i was told that the firing group needs to be replaced, some gunsmithing here and there for reliability and cosmetics. this could probably end up at around 60k
kikil lang ni mc_o katapat n'yan!

Quote:

in eyecutter's post last year, sps frame and slide, and schuemann barrel, ed brown parts and sti firing group would amount to 80k, its maybe 90k now.
wrong! standard parts, meaning a pistol with all SPS parts, you could probably still get it at 100k. if you want to use premium parts, e.g. STI, SVI, Ed Brown, Wilson, Afted, Koenig, C&S, EGW, etc. it's close to 120k already!

Quote:

assuming the armscor is fitted nicely, the only difference between these two options would be....pedigree?;Q now all of a sudden we need dog city;f
hahaha!!! ;f;e Gusto mo ng patch ng dog city? hihingi nga ako kay dogman!

An option is to get an Armscor frame kit then build your pistol using all premium parts. You'll end up with a true custom built pistol to your specs! Mag-ipon ka ng piyesa tapos pabuo mo pag complete na! ANg mabigat dyan e yung gunsmithing fees which can run to 15-20k depending on who your smith is.

;e

bulm540 08-24-2004 06:27

Quote:

Originally posted by mc_oliver
Caspian has been around for quite sometime. It seems their quality has been consistent all the years kaya popular choice sya.

As for Schuemann, not sure where it started, baka sa SV dati. Anyway, Barsto maganda rin.

Kuha ka ng quality parts is never wrong. Problema lang kung duling nag fit ng parts mo. Kahit ano'ng ganda ng parts, pag mali fitting, hanggang display na lang talaga baril mo. ;);f

Scheumann used to work for NASA. He does a lot of R & D with his products. he is also the patent holder for the hybrid barrel. I agree, the parts should be fitted right.

9MX 08-24-2004 06:54

Re: Re: Re: Gunsmith's Expertise
 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Wala! it's not the car, it's Michael Schumacher remember!?!

oo nga pala ;f


wrong! standard parts, meaning a pistol with all SPS parts, you could probably still get it at 100k. if you want to use premium parts, e.g. STI, SVI, Ed Brown, Wilson, Afted, Koenig, C&S, EGW, etc. it's close to 120k already!

maybe i misunderstood your post(below)last year doc. being a 1911 dummy ;Q [/B]

Quote:

Originally posted by Eye Cutter

yup, same specs. i know that all hi-cap 1911 parts will fit in the sps. PB Dionisio is the philippine distributor. go straight to the PBD range in SFDM, QC and look for Edna, the range manager. The gunsmiths and gunsmithing there are very good. last time i checked, an sps will run you about 80k with full ed brown parts and sti firing group (trigger, hammer, sear and disconnector). this includes a schuemann barrel already. HTH.


hahaha!!! ;f;e Gusto mo ng patch ng dog city? hihingi nga ako kay dogman!

dogman pala ang alias ni joji ha! shooting dogstyle ;f

An option is to get an Armscor frame kit then build your pistol using all premium parts. You'll end up with a true custom built pistol to your specs! Mag-ipon ka ng piyesa tapos pabuo mo pag complete na! ANg mabigat dyan e yung gunsmithing fees which can run to 15-20k depending on who your smith is.

assuming 20k gunsmith+ 24k armscor + other parts hmmm...yaiks!
;e


Valor1 08-24-2004 07:20

maiba lang po. may differences in terms of durability/quality ang STI at SPS frames? ty po.

ogiebb 08-24-2004 07:32

i used a caspian slide on my next open gun because as long as you dont lower the ejection port and take out the logo they will replace them (especially in the .40).. i just trust their slides better than STI (ive seen some cracked ones before) as for schuemann barrels on ipsc he supports the sport heavily kaya marami din gumagamit ng products nya plus he tends to innovate new stuff which are good (AET)..for me nowlin and schuemann barrels are the best

casmot 08-24-2004 09:09

;!

If I were to replace the barrel of a CZ85B, what would you suggest, aside from a CZ barrel? Would it still be IPSC and IDPA legal?

Eye Cutter 08-24-2004 09:19

barsto lang yata gumagawa ng aftermarket barrel for the CZ.

it's not allowed in ipsc PD.
with the stock barrel, SSP or ESP. if you replace with an aftermarket barrel, ESP in idpa

9MX 08-24-2004 10:12

Quote:

Originally posted by casmot
;!

If I were to replace the barrel of a CZ85B, what would you suggest, aside from a CZ barrel? Would it still be IPSC and IDPA legal?

akala ko naman kung ano yung off topic^8 :)

Eye Cutter 08-24-2004 18:46

Quote:

Originally posted by Eye Cutter

yup, same specs. i know that all hi-cap 1911 parts will fit in the sps. PB Dionisio is the philippine distributor. go straight to the PBD range in SFDM, QC and look for Edna, the range manager. The gunsmiths and gunsmithing there are very good. last time i checked, an sps will run you about 80k with full ed brown parts and sti firing group (trigger, hammer, sear and disconnector). this includes a schuemann barrel already. HTH.

maybe i misunderstood your post last year doc. being a 1911 dummy

Ang bilis tumaas ng prices. They can give it at the old price if they still have stocks. Otherwise... alam mo ba na 3.5k na ang price ng CZ 9mm magazines?

9MX 08-24-2004 19:57

Quote:

Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Ang bilis tumaas ng prices. They can give it at the old price if they still have stocks. Otherwise... alam mo ba na 3.5k na ang price ng CZ 9mm magazines?
whattt! ulit uli........... WHATAWAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;P

the same mags that i bought from pbd when you were in the US of the A?

OMG !;g

ogiebb 08-24-2004 19:59

Quote:

Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Ang bilis tumaas ng prices. They can give it at the old price if they still have stocks. Otherwise... alam mo ba na 3.5k na ang price ng CZ 9mm magazines?

Taragis na presyo yan !!!! ;P ;P ;P ;P

jasonub 08-24-2004 20:24

i used to use barsto barrels exclusively since its very accurate and is the standard for barrels.

When i bought my svi it had a scheuman barrel installed, i thought what the heck and shot it as it is. surprise surprise same accuracy. 8,9 ring of a rifle target at 50 meters.

as for the difference in sps and sti, i think the sps cannot be sold in the usa since it had copied the stisvi product. dont know about the quality or durability though. further, they are pricing it the same as sti svi in the philippines. its a no brainer on which to buy. tried and tested or you get my point

Saruman 08-24-2004 20:41

Quote:

Originally posted by 9MX
hmmm...may kilala ako, tapos na magbalak. tinuluyan na!;f

abangan;z

sino yan??!!!;e ;e

Saruman 08-24-2004 20:42

Quote:

Originally posted by Eye Cutter
yung isang kilala natin nakakuha ng extra sweet deal with a long dust cover SPS! 4 mags na, hulugan pa!!! ;Q

Meron pa ako alam nagbebenta ng SPS .40cal na long dust din. He got it last year for 100k but its hardly been used bec. the owner now uses 9mm in IPSC PD. 1 mag lang kasama. 85k gusto.

doc, yung 85k kay dogman ba yon?? hehehehe

sino ang nakakuha ng sps na adik??:) :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.