Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Clubhouse Office (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Young Glockers III [vote here] (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287715)

09-14-2004 22:30

Young Glockers

Hello!!!
I am a very interested young glocker. I started with Glock with my father when i was 15 years old and i've been attending the GSSF for the last three years. Every time i see my father on the computer he is always looking at Glock Talk and i wanted to know what it was all about. I find everything very interesting and i was wondering why you didn't have a young glockers club or anything relating to the teens out there. I thought I could start one myself but im not sure how to go about that. Could you help me out?
THANX A MILLION!
Scarlet~2

Patricia 09-15-2004 16:54

Well Scarlet, you've made the first step. You will have to get at least 50 votes in order to have a club created.

I would like to invite you not to be shy about interacting with us old foggies though. ;f

.22 boy 09-16-2004 09:13

Im a youngin you have my vote.

.22 boy

09-16-2004 14:44

Young Glockers II

Quote:

Originally posted by Sidearmor
Well Scarlet, you've made the first step. You will have to get at least 50 votes in order to have a club created.

I would like to invite you not to be shy about interacting with us old foggies though. ;f

Ok that sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult. But i have a couple more questions...
(1) How do i get people to vote?
(2) Who do i go to after i get votes?
(3) How do i prove i have these votes?
I am very excited about this. The GSSF is one of the very few things i am able to share with my father. The once-a-year bonding that we have is very precious. Being able to be a part of something on Glock Talk will only make sharing our common hobby that much more precious.

THANX AGAIN!!!

Scarlet ~2

allglock 09-16-2004 16:06

They will keep responding to this thread. Then when you get 50 responses (of the yes variety) you will have a club.
Good luck!
I do believe I am too old for your club, but not at heart.

09-16-2004 18:21

Young Glockers III [vote here]

WELCOME
This will officially be my Voting thread. This thread will be devoted to the voting for the Young Glockers Club.
General Information:
The Young Glockers Club will be a general club for the younger generations. Nothing against our senior members but honestly when i signed on i was a little intimidated by the older more mature members. This club will be devoted to the teens and young adults alike. We will discuss GLOCK related issues, music, hobbies, anything anyone wants to talk about.

If you would like to support this upcoming club please post your vote on this thread. It would be much appreciated.

THANK YOU!
Scarlet ~2

BikerGoddess 09-16-2004 19:00

Anyone who considers me young gets my vote ;f

Laura

lumberjack 09-16-2004 22:16

I say yes.

I am 18.

How about we post our age also, suchas how old is the club founder?

clubsoda22 09-16-2004 22:21

The age for owning a handgun is 18 in all but a few states. i'm 19 and own 4 handguns completely legally, but being younger than 18 doesn't mean your dad doesn't own a gun and you don't have an interest in the shooting sports. I think getting advice and opinions from other responsible shooters would be beneficial for people of that age. As long as they're over 13 (which i believe is the minimum age that eric can legally allow them on the board without parental permission) they should feel free to. I'll support your club. I believe it would also be plenty beneficial to college students (people my age) who are struggling trying to keep or carry on an anti-gun campus.

ClearDark 09-16-2004 22:34

Im 18 as well. Owned a Glock since I was 14 "persay". My dad gave it to me but it was still in his name. But you get the point. Own a Glock 21 now and soon a G30. also have a concealed carry permit. I support it.

glockess56 09-16-2004 22:42

Go for it. I think it's neat that you want a young Glock club. People don't understand that youngsters can shoot responsibly and be good citizens. Youngsters taught to shoot and respect safety don't go to schools and shoot up the place which is what the anti-gun lobby thinks kids will do if you teach them how to shoot. A forum like this could get youngsters a lot of good tips and advice on how to shoot and that's great, plus your feedback could help us old folks. Keep up the good work, just don't beat me at a GSSF event!:soap: ;a

carvin 09-16-2004 22:46

I'm 23 and your idea sounds GREAT...got my VOTE!!!!

Patricia 09-16-2004 22:59

Re: Young Glockers II

Quote:

Originally posted by scarlet.begonia
Ok that sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult. But i have a couple more questions...
(1) How do i get people to vote?
(2) Who do i go to after i get votes?
(3) How do i prove i have these votes?
I am very excited about this. The GSSF is one of the very few things i am able to share with my father. The once-a-year bonding that we have is very precious. Being able to be a part of something on Glock Talk will only make sharing our common hobby that much more precious.

THANX AGAIN!!!

Scarlet ~2

1. You can ask and/or you can put it in your sig line. Posting requests in other forums is discouraged. We'd much rather you do it in this forum, preferably in one thread. :)
2. I set up the clubs. You can contact me.
3. People post their vote so everyone can see and count them.

For more info on getting a club going, check here -> http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=272630 or contact me if you have any questions.

Patricia 09-16-2004 23:02

By the way, since you have two threads going and votes in each, I will consolidate the two threads for you.

Jeff S. 09-16-2004 23:34

I'm 18, and own a Glock, HK, and Bushmaster.

In NV I can't buy a handgun, but I can own one.

jeremy54b 09-16-2004 23:38

Sure, I think that's a good idea...within Eric's limitations of course

KSS745 09-16-2004 23:55

IM 22 so im in!!!!

DannyR 09-17-2004 04:15

I support my young GSSF friend and cast my affirmative vote.:cool:

Aerosmith 09-17-2004 06:54

I also would support opening a club of this kind. Anything to increase the awareness of gun issues to a younger generation would be something I would sign off on. You've got my vote.

-NrF

10 Ring Tao 09-17-2004 07:49

I'm in so long as scarlet can please stop typing in that tiny colored font. Its hard to read.