Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kahr Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Detail Stripping the Kahr's Upper (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308824)

Michigun 11-12-2004 08:23

Detail Stripping the Kahr's Upper

1 Attachment(s)
How To Detail Strip the Kahr's Upper!

CHECK OUT MY 2nd TO LAST POST IN THIS THREAD FOR THE PDF ATTACHMENT!

Cagey 12-19-2004 08:35

Thanks Michigun! I've printed it out and saved it.

Michigun 12-22-2004 06:17

Quote:

Originally posted by Cagey
Thanks Michigun! I've printed it out and saved it.
Glad you like it! ^c

(WIG19 gets the credit for getting all my info into that nice downloadable PDF however! :))

chance3290 02-15-2005 14:17

I had been wanting to learn how to do this. I was on the range awhile ago, when I had a bad round that(coupled with the unsupported chamber) sent a couple of part flying. As luck would have it, for once all the parts were quickly found and I had to learn how to put it back together.
Now I'm glad I've got this because I figured if I wanted to take it apart again, I'd have to wait for the parts to blow off again.

Thanks

jam_ppp 03-28-2005 12:24

This is my first post here and just wanted to say thanks for this document. Have had my MK9 for about 5 years now and for the first time stripped the slide. Couldn't have done it without these instructions.
FWIW, the slide wasn't all that dirty inside. The one spot there was alot of gunk was under the striker block and in the spring. Didn't seem to affect function but it there was alot of "sludge" in there....

Michigun 04-20-2005 10:34

Sorry guys, this thread hasn't been popping up for me...

Anyways, thanks for the feed-back & the good words, I'm VERY glad to see that itís helped! ^c

recondoc 05-24-2005 09:16

Michigun,
Where did it go? Can it be retrieved somewhere else?
Thanks,
Doc

Michigun 06-01-2005 11:22

Quote:

Originally posted by recondoc
Michigun,
Where did it go? Can it be retrieved somewhere else?
Thanks,
Doc

Sorry it took me so long... she's all fixed up now! ^c

Michigun 06-03-2005 11:57

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...LubePoints.jpg

Glock4Life 08-24-2005 11:07

What a truly nice job!! Excellent work that clearly took some time to get to that level of quality. A+++++++

;Y

BackDraft 10-31-2005 21:24

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Michigun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...LubePoints.jpg

Michigun 11-01-2005 06:29

Thanks for getting it back up BackDraft! ^c

(I did just fix the main one again.)

BackDraft 11-01-2005 11:32

Quote:

Originally posted by Michigun
Thanks for getting it back up BackDraft! ^c

(I did just fix the main one again.)

No Problem thats what I'm here for. Between us we have to hook up and work on the lower end. I do mine about once a year but this year its a respring job.

Michigun 11-01-2005 13:40

Quote:

Originally posted by BackDraft
Between us we have to hook up and work on the lower end.
Hey, sounds good! ^c

plumbum2 01-01-2006 20:45

hi michigun. found something out tonight about detail stripping the kahr upper that makes it a little bit easier.

on the first step. (pulling the striker spring, and retaing rod.)

instead of using a flat head screw driver. use an old pair of tweezers.just grab a "coil" of the spring. you can lay the slide on a flat surface. and with one hand use the tweezers and with the other hand stick the side stop in thier to hold it down while you prepare for step 2. the slide basically stays still because of the way the pressure is applied by the tweezers instead of a screw driver.....

hope this helps anyone..

Michigun 01-03-2006 06:17

Quote:

Originally posted by plumbum2
hi michigun. found something out tonight about detail stripping the kahr upper that makes it a little bit easier.

on the first step. (pulling the striker spring, and retaing rod.)

instead of using a flat head screw driver. use an old pair of tweezers.just grab a "coil" of the spring. you can lay the slide on a flat surface. and with one hand use the tweezers and with the other hand stick the side stop in thier to hold it down while you prepare for step 2. the slide basically stays still because of the way the pressure is applied by the tweezers instead of a screw driver.....

hope this helps anyone..

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try! ^c

YukonGlocker 01-10-2006 04:25

Thanks for the pdf. I stripped the upper of my pm9 tonight and this took all the guessing out. Thanks!!!

Michigun 01-10-2006 06:40

Quote:

Originally posted by YukonGlocker
Thanks for the pdf. I stripped the upper of my pm9 tonight and this took all the guessing out. Thanks!!!
Great to hear, thanks for the feedback sir!

silky 02-02-2006 22:52

I see the lube diagram, but no detail strip .pdf file to download.
??

Michigun 02-03-2006 06:25

Quote:

Originally posted by silky
I see the lube diagram, but no detail strip .pdf file to download.
??

Thanks for the heads up silky... the .pdf attachment must have been dropped again... all fixed! ^c