Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Big Dawgs Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   45 Colt : The .45 Caliber Grandfather (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414552)

turbonatr 08-01-2005 09:45

45 Colt : The .45 Caliber Grandfather
 
Fantastic article by John Linebaugh about the 45 Colt cartridge. Dissolving myths, realizing potentials, why it beats the 44 Magnum.

http://www.linebaughcustom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=114

SDGlock23 08-02-2005 23:29

Great article, definitely worth the read! ;c

vafish 08-03-2005 14:50

I used to deer hunt with a .45 Colt and hot handloads in a 10" TC Contender. It's a great combo that worked very well for me.

But I've gotten to busy and lazy in my old age to keep messing with it. I now use a .44 mag 14" barrel on my Contender, drive over to Walmart and I can buy decent ammo easily.

The deer don't seem to notice any difference when hit.

turbonatr 08-03-2005 15:37

Once we have shot through an animal, we have done all we can do. There are plenty of loads that will shoot through a deer in 44 magnum. But, they'll still have more recoil, blast and operating pressures than the 45 Colt and they'll still have a smaller, lighter bullet.

The 44 magnum is a great cartridge. IMHO, the 45 Colt is just better. I don't mind not finding hunting or self defense loads in 45 Colt at WalMart, I buy most of my ammo online. Besides, Wally World is phasing out their handgun from what I understand. It will be a non-issue soon enough.

CanyonMan 01-11-2006 21:00

Quote:

Once we have shot through an animal, we have done all we can do. There are plenty of loads that will shoot through a deer in 44 magnum. But, they'll still have more recoil, blast and operating pressures than the 45 Colt and they'll still have a smaller, lighter bullet.The 44 magnum is a great cartridge. IMHO, the 45 Colt is just better.

Yes sir! ;)

I can't think of another thing to add!
(well i can, but you said it very well). ;)


CanyonMan

TAG G30 12-23-2006 00:44

The linked article no longer seems to be there...

Fritzer 01-09-2007 16:12

Updated link
 
Just looks like a few revisions to the website.
The .45 Colt
I found the article here:
http://www.linebaughcustom.com/Artic...1/Default.aspx

bac1023 07-19-2007 22:24

Re: Updated link
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Fritzer
Just looks like a few revisions to the website.
The .45 Colt
I found the article here:
http://www.linebaughcustom.com/Artic...1/Default.aspx

Its gone.:sad:

dougader 05-01-2009 22:59

Updated link:

http://www.customsixguns.com/writing...g_the_myth.htm

dougader 02-16-2010 12:54

Here's a pic of what the old 45 Colt will do with a modern hollow point, the Sper 250 grain GDHP with 13.5 grains of Blue Dot (above book max - Speer 14 - but safe enough in my S&W Mt Gun).

It blew through 4 gallon jugs of water, dented the back of the 4th jug and the front of the 5th jug and was found inside the 4th jug. Classic expansion.


The 250 GDHP is on the far right.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r/MVC-002F.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r/MVC-003F.jpg

Max1775 02-16-2010 20:27

I often shoot +P rounds out of my Ruger Vaquero single six and have no doubt about the sturdiness and reliability of these pistols. 45LC is a great round and fun to shoot. Plus it's just damn cool...:cool:

kingdom007 07-21-2010 03:26

Sensor de aparcamiento electromagnetico
 
Parking Sensor ElectromagneticoNo agujeres tu parachoques.Se instalan por detrás del parachoques sin necesidad de agujerearlo.Evita golpes y roturas muy fiables.Muy sencillos de instalar, no variara la estética de tu vehiculo.Guangzhou Carsda Industrial Co;ltd produce Sensor eletromagnetico do estacionamento, fashionable design and various choice!

Max1775 07-24-2010 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdom007 (Post 15675452)
Parking Sensor ElectromagneticoNo agujeres tu parachoques.Se instalan por detrás del parachoques sin necesidad de agujerearlo.Evita golpes y roturas muy fiables.Muy sencillos de instalar, no variara la estética de tu vehiculo.Guangzhou Carsda Industrial Co;ltd produce Sensor eletromagnetico do estacionamento, fashionable design and various choice!


GTFO, moron.....:yuck:

glockin-45 09-13-2010 13:49

Muey Stupideo, troll.:tongueout:

automan 12-08-2011 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbonatr (Post 4654581)
Fantastic article by John Linebaugh about the 45 Colt cartridge. Dissolving myths, realizing potentials, why it beats the 44 Magnum.

http://www.linebaughcustom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=114

Looks like the site is up for sale.

bnkrtstk 12-08-2011 18:54

I love my Blackhawk in .45Colt, so much that I bought a Marlin 1894 in the same caliber.

Am I the only one who hates it when people call it .45 long Colt.

dougader 12-09-2011 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by automan (Post 18260114)
Looks like the site is up for sale.


The link in post #9 works for me.

Poohgyrr 01-03-2013 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnkrtstk (Post 18261322)
I love my Blackhawk in .45Colt, so much that I bought a Marlin 1894 in the same caliber.

I missed a good opportunity to buy a S&W 45 Mountain Gun, but a 45 Lever does amazing things with the right ammo:

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...s/IMG_0465.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.