Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The US Marine Corps Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   ATTN Military Shooters- VA, WV, DC, MD, NC, SC, PA, & KY (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566844)

Lord Skeletor 07-20-2006 20:21

ATTN Military Shooters- VA, WV, DC, MD, NC, SC, PA, & KY

*I apologize to thread moderators--I posted this in the Army Forum and General Events Forum--I apologize if you consider this spamming. Just trying to get the word to the military guys.*

The yearly fundraiser for Special Olympics that I coordinate/promote is upon us. It's a Law Enforcement/Military combat-style shoot (that is open to civilians also) and we usually give away between $10K-$15K a year in prizes from some of the biggest names in the firearms/tactical gear community. There will be an "Open Division" for civilian competitors and a "Law Enforcement/Military Division" for soldiers and cops. A number of industry vendors will be on hand, including ITT Nightvision--who will give away a set of night-vision to some lucky competitor. This is truly a great event, and if any military people are in the neighborhood, they can email me for more info. Entry is $25.00 preregistered and $30.00 the day of the event. ALL MILITARY SHOOTERS GET A DISCOUNTED RATE OF $20.00 (whether pre-registered or not). This is a 6-stage, IDPA style event.

Competitors get free breakfast, free lunch, and a shooter's bag full of free stuff from firearms/tactical community vendors. The event will be held on September 23, 2006 in Roanoke, Virginia at the Roanoke Regional Firearms Training Center.

For info, you can write me here: Skeletor@teamwarfare.com
More info can be had here: http://www.pkcarroll.com/2006Benefit.pdf

The Pontificator 07-23-2006 22:33

I participated in the 2003 match and it was KICK ASS even if it did rain most of the day.

The Roanoke LE range is a beautiful facility high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains. AWESOME SCENERY. GREAT LUNCH. LOTS OF FREEBIES.

I can't remember but I think the 2003 match was the first of its kind.

Unless I'm mistaken the Special Olympics folks suffered from their own special brand of DUMBASS because at the 11th hour they started squawking about how they wouldn't accept proceeds from anything to do with guns. I'm guessing that they got over their insecurities?

Hey...what's the name of that place...the breakfast place? "Famous" something?

KYglockers 07-23-2006 22:39

Sweet, I may be able to make this event!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, Its been so long..

The Pontificator 07-23-2006 22:43

My only complaint...and it's a minor one...is that the match only has six stages. Tough to justify a 6.5 hour drive for six stages.

But I digress.

Lord Skeletor 07-24-2006 10:58

Quote:

Originally posted by The Pontificator
My only complaint...and it's a minor one...is that the match only has six stages. Tough to justify a 6.5 hour drive for six stages.

But I digress.

We're hoping that people overlook that... :o)
Actually, it's a 7 stage event if you count the shotgun match. lol

We have guys flying in from Texas and Florida this year...(previous shooters); so that makes me feel like that we're doing something right. ;o) Hope to see you all there!

Mike

Lord Skeletor 08-04-2006 17:24

Here's the hotel information if you want a discount on your room rates!

Comfort Suites
2898 Keagy Road
Salem, VA 24153
(540) 375-4800

These are suite-type rooms---larger than average with a waiting area, refrigerator, microwave---they are super-nice for the money.

***NOTE: Be sure to notify the clerk that this is the state rate ($59.00) and you will be attending the Special Olympics Fundraiser/Cardinal Academy--if you hit a snag, you can ask for Rebecca Hash; Director of Sales****

billwade 08-30-2006 17:21

Lord Skeeter sound fun. What kind of gear would I need and how many rounds wounld I need.