Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Glockers of the Old Dominion (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Hunter's Paradise going out of business!! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658130)

WFR 02-17-2007 17:27

Hunter's Paradise going out of business!!

Stopped in the Shenandoah Farmers Market today where Hunters Paradise is located.
I asked about ordering a gun and he said he couldn't do it.
I asked why and he said "because we're going out of business."
To which I ask, "So any good deals?"
He says "How about cost?"
I bought several hundred rounds of .45 Colt and 10MM auto as well as some cleaning equipment.
I didn't ask about gun prices but it would be worth looking into.
They did not have signs up or anything but I heard them repeat the same story to several customers and watched them mark down items for everyone!
Thought I'd pass on the Heads-Up!
Location: 121 Carpenters Lane (Shenandoah Heritage Farmers Market)
Phone: 540-434-4868.
They were out of .223 ammo but still had cases of handgun ammo available.
I barely got out of there with my marriage intact.
Good luck!
WFR

Slinger646 02-17-2007 17:50

I'll be there Tuesday when they reopen.

mallcop 02-19-2007 02:13

I really does not surprise me. There pricing was ridiculous! I was looking at a Marlin Guide Gun priced almost $100.00 more then what the Rockingham Coop on West Grace Street in Harrisonburg sold it for.

22collector 02-19-2007 08:09

OK since I didnt start the negative talk... Used to go in there and find halfway good deals, but since they changed their inventory from hunting/outdoors with a pile of guns to what they have now their prices are up and evidently sales aren't. Loved going in there and have bought from them before, just not lately. I did however have a not so good experience , not towards me just around me, one of the guys was calling another seller in the area and giving him crap about his prices being too low and it not being good for anyone who wants to sell guns, really sounded whiney and childish, and put a bad taste in my mouth for the place. But once again, I was in the area this weekend and a fun store is a fun store so I had to stop in. They looked plenty busy, but I guess nothing was really going out the door... Oh well, another one bites the dust. R.I.P. Hunter's Paradise

mallcop 02-19-2007 08:19

The whole pricing issue is starting to really bother me. I realize everything is getting more expensive, but mark up is nuts in several shops I frequent. What are they going to do when they price the average buyer out of existence? We should (buyers) put our collective feet down and stop excepting this crap. The strong in the business will survive by making a profit through volume sales. If you aren't aware Wally World has a gun book behind there Sporting Goods counters with several things in it you normally do not see on display. They can order for you at a normally better price then anyone. Of course most of there offerings are straight up hunting gear, but it's worth checking out.

Fernman 02-19-2007 12:01

I wouldn't mind a suppressor at cost...

bulwaagh 02-19-2007 12:48

they had (at one time) a couple Advantage Arms 22LR conversion kits for glocks. I might see if they still have 'em.

mallcop 02-19-2007 21:55

Quote:

Originally posted by bulwaagh
they had (at one time) a couple Advantage Arms 22LR conversion kits for glocks. I might see if they still have 'em.
I am going to drop in Tuesday Morning and if you like I will check.

mallcop 02-20-2007 17:43

They are closing there doors and the stuff is flying out quick. I picked up a bunch of ammo at cost even though I wanted more gunz for my safe. There are a few high ticket items at cost like a STI Race Gun package in 38 Super which is a real steal. They also have a few sweat SBR's on the wall at killer prices. So, that being said stop in ASAP if you want to rock on something you otherwise would not buy.

Fernman 02-20-2007 17:49

they still have boh Glock .22 conversions.

bulwaagh 02-21-2007 15:15

dangitt, anyone notice the price on those AA conversion kits?

Fernman 02-21-2007 15:20

Quote:

Originally posted by bulwaagh
dangitt, anyone notice the price on those AA conversion kits?
tagged at $329, but she said approx 100 less. I didn't get into specifics.

bulwaagh 02-23-2007 08:26

Quote:

Originally posted by Fernman
tagged at $329, but she said approx 100 less. I didn't get into specifics.
Dangitt, I didnt really talk to anyone there so I didnt try to haggle. I also didnt see any signage that they were closing up shop. $229 would make it a smoking deal for them, but noone seemed to be interested in making a sale, just talking about when their next shoot was. Oh well, I'm not a regular down there, just the occasional browser.

Fernman 02-23-2007 11:33

since they are all losing their job they put up a sign that they don't have time to work with anyone not purchasing. Made my decision to buy my suppressor elsewhere much easier. Screw'em.

RandySmith 02-25-2007 20:03

I wasn't aware that they sold suppressors.

I really hate to see a gun store go out of business. That said, they were certainly selling things substantially higher than the advertised '10% above cost' this past Friday.

Randy

bulwaagh 02-25-2007 20:32

Quote:

Originally posted by RandySmith
I wasn't aware that they sold suppressors.

I really hate to see a gun store go out of business. That said, they were certainly selling things substantially higher than the advertised '10% above cost' this past Friday.

Randy

I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I noticed some SBR's hanging on the walls the last time I was there. I guess if they have the paperwork to handle those, they could have ordered more? Oh well...

Fernman 02-25-2007 20:39

I was gonna buy a suppressor, but I would rather pay more somewhere else than listen to Miles speak.

mallcop 02-25-2007 20:49

Quote:

Originally posted by Fernman
I was gonna buy a suppressor, but I would rather pay more somewhere else than listen to Miles speak.
Speak to the hand! :rofl: