Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Florida Glockers Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Florida 5 day waiting period - WTF (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675690)

kcolg30 03-25-2007 10:20

Florida 5 day waiting period - WTF

Hello,

I have a CWP so I do not have to wait to purchase a gun. However, my father does not have a CWP and is looking at buying an AR-15, and all the gun dealers in Dade county say that there is a 5 day waiting period. I thought that the 5 day waiting period only applys to handguns not rifles. Did the demorats take over Florida ???

xaosflux 03-25-2007 10:27

Is it a ClassIII? And did you count weekends as days?

kcolg30 03-25-2007 10:29

No, just a regular ar-15 with a 16" barrel

chad10mm 03-25-2007 11:04

If I'm remembering right counties may impose additional waiting periods on firearms.
The waiting period where I live is 3 days for handguns, and used to be no waiting period for rifles...but it's been a few years since I bought a rifle retail so I don't know if that remains true.

Droanx 03-25-2007 17:30

Quote:

Originally posted by chad10mm
If I'm remembering right counties may impose additional waiting periods on firearms.
The waiting period where I live is 3 days for handguns, and used to be no waiting period for rifles...but it's been a few years since I bought a rifle retail so I don't know if that remains true.

You are correct. Certain counties that are more Democraticly minded. Dade being in the Miami area is definately on that list along with Palm Beach (where I moved away from).

Just get a CWP and never wait.

MP1SG 03-25-2007 18:13

Other than what the others have said, you live in S. FL, it is controlled by the Dems.

Usingmyrights 03-25-2007 18:33

Go a little north out of the Miami area to buy one. Waiting sucks, especially when state law say you don't have to.

MiamiE 03-25-2007 20:31

I think Alex Penelas a while back instituted the 5 day wait. It used to be 3 days! May I ask where you purchased your AR?

kcolg30 03-26-2007 17:26

Ace gun Range in Doral is where I purchased my AR. All though Lou's Police supply has it cheaper but they were out of stock at the time.

XNYTRUCKIE 03-28-2007 04:38

why buy it from a store, just get a Delton kit, order stripped lower from spikes tatical for $100 and build one , the total cost of building this way is about $650.

I have never heard of the 5 day wait for CCW holders... I bought my G26 at lous and didnt have to wait.. If he wants it soon and doesnt want to wait have him Check out National on St rd 84 in Davie , decent selection and great people to deal with..

Rusty Shackleford 03-29-2007 06:07

Quote:

Originally posted by XNYTRUCKIE
why buy it from a store, just get a Delton kit, order stripped lower from spikes tatical for $100 and build one , the total cost of building this way is about $650.

I have never heard of the 5 day wait for CCW holders... I bought my G26 at lous and didnt have to wait.. If he wants it soon and doesnt want to wait have him Check out National on St rd 84 in Davie , decent selection and great people to deal with..

The 5 day waiting period mentioned in this thread has nothing to do with CCW holders.

Court in FL. 03-29-2007 21:16

Here is the Palm Beach County Ordnance.

From,http://www.atf.gov/firearms/statelaw...tion/index.htm

Court in FL.

28-23. Mandatory waiting period; Criminal

history records check requirement.

(a) No person shall deliver a firearm to another

person, other than a licensed dealer, licensed

manufacturer or licensed importer, in connection

with the sale, as defined in section 28-1, of such

firearm for a period of five (5) business days

from the date of the sale.