Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mississippi Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Ever heard of Virginia Citizens Defense League?? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687265)

NoloContendere 04-17-2007 18:35

Ever heard of Virginia Citizens Defense League??
 
I'm starting one for Mississippi.

www.mscdl.org

nothing is up yet.

check out www.vcdl.org for what it might look like when everything is done.

nc

MidnightJMC 04-17-2007 19:33

Seems to be a great organization. I'll be glad to have something similar in Mississippi.

:thumbsup:

NoloContendere 04-17-2007 20:17

I'm going to set it up similar to the VCDL. I am NOT a web-designer, but hopefully it could be something that others could help with.

We could be a powerful force. Laws WILL be changed next session. I will personally work on getting them changed.

nc

MidnightJMC 04-17-2007 20:45

I'm here to help and I'm sure others will be too.

pyblood 04-17-2007 21:44

Make sure to keep us updated!

CentralMsGunFan 04-23-2007 17:07

that sounds great..do you have any lawyers to help?

NoloContendere 04-24-2007 07:59

Quote:

Originally posted by CentralMsGunFan
that sounds great..do you have any lawyers to help?
I have a few in mind. Some I shoot with, that would probably be interested. I'm in touch with the VCDL board about how to go about setting this up. They are a non-profit organization 501(c) corp. I need about 5 individuals that are EXTREMELY devoted to seeing this set up.

PM me if you are VERY devoted to this. If you just want to sit back and watch, that's ok too, but I need hardcore, get out and talk to people, don't ever back down type of people.

This organization is going to be ONLY a firearms specific group. We are not going to tackle anything but gun laws. The VCDL advised me to keep it gun specific. They said that some will try to make it about illegal immigration or other issues and that if we don't agree exactly on issues, it would destroy us... so, to keep it about gun laws only. Makes sense to me.

I don't care what other beliefs you have, as long as you are a pro-gun guy (or gal!). We're going to keep it pro-gun!

So, PM me, I'll shoot you my email address/phone number, and we'll get this started.

NC

PARAGON 04-24-2007 10:01

Quote:

Originally posted by NoloContendere
I have a few in mind. Some I shoot with, that would probably be interested. I'm in touch with the VCDL board about how to go about setting this up. They are a non-profit organization 501(c) corp. I need about 5 individuals that are EXTREMELY devoted to seeing this set up.

PM me if you are VERY devoted to this. If you just want to sit back and watch, that's ok too, but I need hardcore, get out and talk to people, don't ever back down type of people.

This organization is going to be ONLY a firearms specific group. We are not going to tackle anything but gun laws. The VCDL advised me to keep it gun specific. They said that some will try to make it about illegal immigration or other issues and that if we don't agree exactly on issues, it would destroy us... so, to keep it about gun laws only. Makes sense to me.

I don't care what other beliefs you have, as long as you are a pro-gun guy (or gal!). We're going to keep it pro-gun!

So, PM me, I'll shoot you my email address/phone number, and we'll get this started.

NC

I agree with that!

I would also word it similarly in the charter.

CentralMsGunFan 04-24-2007 12:43

Well i already run a 501c3 so my time is limited, but i wish i could help. if you have any questions about nonprofits in general let me know
Quote:

Originally posted by NoloContendere
I have a few in mind. Some I shoot with, that would probably be interested. I'm in touch with the VCDL board about how to go about setting this up. They are a non-profit organization 501(c) corp. I need about 5 individuals that are EXTREMELY devoted to seeing this set up.

PM me if you are VERY devoted to this. If you just want to sit back and watch, that's ok too, but I need hardcore, get out and talk to people, don't ever back down type of people.

This organization is going to be ONLY a firearms specific group. We are not going to tackle anything but gun laws. The VCDL advised me to keep it gun specific. They said that some will try to make it about illegal immigration or other issues and that if we don't agree exactly on issues, it would destroy us... so, to keep it about gun laws only. Makes sense to me.

I don't care what other beliefs you have, as long as you are a pro-gun guy (or gal!). We're going to keep it pro-gun!

So, PM me, I'll shoot you my email address/phone number, and we'll get this started.

NC


packrat213 04-24-2007 12:46

Hey guys...just saw the post and I am a Petal, MS transplant to VA. If you want, I'll take a look around and see if I can find the guy that started it here. I think i know who it is.

NoloContendere 04-24-2007 13:58

Quote:

Originally posted by packrat213
Hey guys...just saw the post and I am a Petal, MS transplant to VA. If you want, I'll take a look around and see if I can find the guy that started it here. I think i know who it is.
I've spoken to most of them already that are on the board... I am in constant email contact with them!

NoloContendere 04-29-2007 09:47

http://groups.google.com/group/MSCDL

I've started a google group. I don't have the cash to have my website hosted, so this is how we're going to start.

Please join the group if your interested. Pass the link to ANY and ALL 2nd amendment supporters.

You can hide your email address if you desire, and I'm not going to do anything with them other than contact you about laws and such.

Would ya'll like this group to be private? And we'd have to invite people? Or public for anyone to join?

MidnightJMC 04-29-2007 14:23

I think it would be fine to leave it public for a while and see how it goes. If start getting too much spamn or whatever you can always make it private.

:thumbsup: on setting it up.

NoloContendere 04-29-2007 14:32

the emails are already truncated on there... so that's a plus!

NoloContendere 05-12-2007 17:43

We have 6 'members' so far, and i've started making some posts on there.

You can change how you get emails, so if it gets busy you won't be getting a ton of them. I know how annoying that is.

Summer is almost here, and this is the time that the Legislators pre-file bills.

There is a ton of stuff to do guys. Let's make it happen.

NC

NRA_guy 05-13-2007 05:40

Now there are 7.

Thanks.

Righttoown 05-16-2007 13:47

Google seems to be anti-American and anti-gun. Are there other gun groups using google. I am interested in joining the group but I don't like google knowing my e-mail info. You may won't to look at ask.com

NoloContendere 05-16-2007 18:13

Quote:

Originally posted by Righttoown
Google seems to be anti-American and anti-gun. Are there other gun groups using google. I am interested in joining the group but I don't like google knowing my e-mail info. You may won't to look at ask.com
it's free. i have a domain, but can't afford to have it hosted now. so, i have to use what's available to me. I've also emailed the group to a few senators already, so I can't really change it now.

NRA_guy 05-17-2007 04:35

Quote:

Originally posted by Righttoown
Google seems to be anti-American and anti-gun. Are there other gun groups using google. I am interested in joining the group but I don't like google knowing my e-mail info. You may won't to look at ask.com
There are some gun related Google groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/talk....cs.guns?lnk=sg

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.guns?lnk=sg

http://groups.google.com/group/tx.guns?lnk=sg

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.guns?lnk=sg

http://groups.google.com/group/aus.politics.guns?lnk=sg

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.politics.guns?lnk=sg

I have not checked them all, but I suspect that there are many anti-Second Amendment posts in such places. Lots of garbage gets posted in such forums.

PS: You can create a one-time unique email account at, say Hotmail or Yahoo mail, and never use it for anything else.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.