Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carolina Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   wake county ccw permit (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688494)

robert wade 04-19-2007 18:13

wake county ccw permit

What felt like forever only took four weeks to get ccw permit back they called today.

Skydivn Shooter 04-21-2007 16:54

Woo Hoo:banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats dude!

At that rate, I'll have mine back by the end of May!

Singlemalt 04-24-2007 08:02

Re: wake county ccw permit

Quote:

Originally posted by robert wade
What felt like forever only took four weeks to get ccw permit back they called today.
Seems to be the rule now, had mine for 2 years but the call came exactly 4 weeks after turing in my paperwork.

Skydivn Shooter 04-24-2007 19:04

Just wondering, does Wake County have a "chicken or the egg" thing going on or did I mis-understand something?

All their info states: "At the time of application, the applicant must present":
1. Certificate of course completion
2. Two sets of fingerprints
3. Photo ID
(and I'm assuming (4.) is the notarized application package).

My class is scheduled for May 5 so I went the other day to pick up the application and while I had time (and had paid for parking and risked life and limb dodging all the construction), I thought I would do the fingerprint thing while I was there. But when I went in the fingerprint office, they told me I had to have the certificate of course completion and be physically sent to finger-printing by the application clerk. Following that logic, I will be presenting the application without the fingerprints. Of course, every time I interact with our state or county govt, its an ordeal.

So are these the steps:
1. Take the course
2. Get the application package, complete it and have it notarized.
3. Present the application and ID at the permit office.
4. Go next door to the fingerprint office for prints.
5. Wait four weeks and re-post a woo hoo on GT?

robert wade 04-24-2007 19:25

Let me try to make this as simple as I can.In wake all you do is take the course then go to the sheriffs dept.and fill out the paper work than they will send you next door to the csi to get prints done then the wait is on.

Skydivn Shooter 04-25-2007 07:52

Simple enough. I have a tendency to over-analyze and complicate things by over-thinking them anyhow. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Otto von Glock 04-25-2007 18:46

Also, make a copy of your certificate, as they will keep the original.

:thumbsup:

JasonNC 04-25-2007 19:32

Must be nice!!! It took about 5 weeks for mine in Orange County, my bro is going on 7 weeks now:laughabove:

Skydivn Shooter 05-08-2007 18:41

Just submitted my paper work and prints to Wake County yesterday. They told me they were running eight weeks. Now the wait. I'm just hoping they are under-promising, over-delivering on the time.

Thanks for the heads up Otto von Glock. I kept two copies of the original certificate. Our instructor had a couple of horror stories about lost certificates upon renewal.

I'll post when I get it.

Singlemalt 05-09-2007 05:28

Quote:

Originally posted by Skydivn Shooter
Just submitted my paper work and prints to Wake County yesterday. They told me they were running eight weeks. Now the wait. I'm just hoping they are under-promising, over-delivering on the time.

Thanks for the heads up Otto von Glock. I kept two copies of the original certificate. Our instructor had a couple of horror stories about lost certificates upon renewal.

I'll post when I get it.

Good job on keeping multiple copies of the certificate.