Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Glockers of the Old Dominion (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   CCW Renewal in Alexandria (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688857)

Soul Hunter 04-20-2007 10:47

CCW Renewal in Alexandria

Anyone been through the process? My permit expires in a couple of months. I've got my Florida permit that's good through '09, but would like to renew the VA permit if for no other reason than to show maintain the number of cits who choose to carry. My main question is whether there's a sep form for renewals, or do I simply reapply. Checked the state police site and didn't see anything there about a separate renewal form. But I also don't see a box on the CCW application form that I can check to indicate I am a current permit holder.

alien-Glocker 04-20-2007 18:14

Did my renewal last December

I did my renewal last December, Fairfax. There is only one form. I do no have the instructions handy but you are required to provide proof of residence, a copy of your previous permit and training certification--hunter safety, NRA course....

In Fairfax they strung it out the FULL 45 days!

Soul Hunter 05-04-2007 10:03

AG, how recent does that certification have to be?

vafish 05-04-2007 14:12

Quote:

Originally posted by Soul Hunter
AG, how recent does that certification have to be?
No time limit on VA training requirements.

Soul Hunter 05-05-2007 20:37

thanks for the info. incidentally i printed out the application instructions and it states that the applicant should submit their certification or old permit - appears the old permit is enough as far as the certification requirement is concerned.

vafish 05-06-2007 06:02

Old Permit is all I used in Fairfax for my renewal.

boomcat 05-06-2007 10:58

I renewed mine in Alexandria in 2003 (approx.) and since I applied before the current license had expired I did not have to present a copy of my training certificate. But I DID have to get fingerprinted. The process starts in the court building on King Street, then you go to Police HQ on Mill St., and don't forget to have a stamped, self-addressed envelope.

Soul Hunter 05-06-2007 21:58

boom - thanks. lays it out just how I needed it. my permit terminates in July - but if the 45-day wait is the norm, figured I better get going with the application now.

golai 05-06-2007 23:35

Quote:

Originally posted by Soul Hunter
boom - thanks. lays it out just how I needed it. my permit terminates in July - but if the 45-day wait is the norm, figured I better get going with the application now.
Yeah, I waited too late and had a 7 day gap between the expiration of my old one and obtaining the new one.

Thought it expired later than it did, but thankfully the Roanoke Times save me by printing that list and letting me know (okay, it was good for me ..... don't flame).