Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Glockers' Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   No wonder we are losing our rights (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700955)

hotpig 05-15-2007 11:47

No wonder we are losing our rights

Check out the T shirt this guy chose to wear. It makes us look like a bunch of nut jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zIdP3j9Rkw

orginialc-rock 05-24-2007 20:11

Hey man

c-rock here. I was the one who made the vid.

Hey,

at least he showed up. That means he is in this to help out.

Alot of folks never showed up, or even took the time to get out there to support us.

So dont knock the man. He at least talk the talk, and gave up his afternoon to give a damm.

Here is other vids from that same event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJp3wq984n0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLGdAYkoYw8

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2716/sb100750yy4.jpg

hotpig 05-24-2007 20:26

We would be better off with the professional vote buyers being there alone than to have people show up dressed like anti government play soldiers.

People showing up like that just proves to the Politicians that the masses should not be armed.

I have absolutely no doubt that he mean well. It is a hot button issue and his shirt pushes the wrong buttons.

orginialc-rock 05-24-2007 20:28

Well,
tell me when they get here, cause none were there. Where were you? We missed you at the event. It would of nice to have you there to support us.
What gives?

On the professionials,
There ain't much in that way up here in Chicagoland. So you make due with what you have. :animlol:

hotpig 05-24-2007 20:47

I will plead with you. Do not go dressed like a bunch of nut cases you are only hurting us.It is far better to call or fax these people. I do it all the time even though the Chicago Politicians get hateful from time to time.

If you want to talk to them in person wear normal people clothes. The Politicians will then see you as a normal gun nut like the rest of us. Not just as some Rambo wannabe nut that has no business with a gun.

orginialc-rock 05-24-2007 21:07

When you going to realize it doesnt matter what you wear?

hotpig 05-24-2007 21:13

:shocked:

kippjones 06-03-2007 20:58

Re: No wonder we are losing our rights

Quote:

Originally posted by hotpig
Check out the T shirt this guy chose to wear. It makes us look like a bunch of nut jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zIdP3j9Rkw

With all due respect, your approach while commendable and appreciated is not the way to get things done. The only thing you are doing is upsetting the people who can make or break things.

Politics is all about negotiation. The approach you need is to research what is important to the person you want to win over and offer them support on one or more of those issue. You need to go out and round up support through other legislators on what you can offer the politician in terms of senate or house votes to give them support on something they want while you getting what you want from them.

This takes significant effort but it can be done. I think it is great you show up to these meetings but you need to handle things in a professional manner. Dress to impress, not to discourage. Yes, what you wear makes a difference. Wear a suit, people will take you seriously in a suit, not in labeled t-shirts.

Speak kindly and do not lecture the public official. Show them the same respect and courtesy you would as you do to a family member. Don't corner them and keep the conversation brief. Hand them a document with your ideas and suggestions kindly detailed and brief. You end the conversation, not them. This encourages them to speak with you again, not avoid you.

Take the time to research other issues that the public offcial is working on. Study those issues and learn how to help them. When you write or speak to them, talk about these issues on top of your issue at hand and what you can do to help them get passed.

We are all residents of IL no matter what party we support or issues we want addressed. You will definitely get their attention if you show you can help them whether they want your assistance or not. Also, lose the video recorder. This only intimidates and does not allow people to be honest with you if they know they are being recorded.

I hope you get the idea otherwise you are doing more harm than good. Obviously what you have been doing is not sucessful with the individual, that means change is required. Keep an open mind...

:) :) :)

hotpig 06-04-2007 09:34

kippjones

Thanks for posting ideas better than I did.

Tecumseh 06-06-2007 12:47

I dont see what is wrong with his Tshirt. Why didnt you go to the meeting in a suit and do all those wonderful things HotPig? I mean you are being critical of others yet not even trying yourself.

hotpig 06-06-2007 13:03

If you honestly do not see anything wrong with that shirt under those circumstances I would be wasting bandwidth by responding more to this post.

kippjones explains it pretty good in his post.

mitchshrader 06-06-2007 13:17

nope.

we got nutjobs.

we fight against nutjobs.

the folks want shall issue CCW don't support open carry, and the fudds don't support EBR's and the cowboy action guys don't care about hi cap mags and the gun 'community' isn't any such thing.

we are as much a community as guys all waiting at the bus stop. outside of our one mutual interest we have not so very much in common.

but to proclaim that our nutjobs don't have any purpose is ludicrous.

we need to LAUGH at our nutjobs.

we need to EMBARASS them into a bit more civil demeanor.

but we don't need to control em, if by 'nutjobs' you mean the contentious and unmannerly.

it's not a huge issue if a CCW holder shoots someone wrongly. it's not a huge issue if a gun owner has imperfect manners. it's not a huge issue that we aren't perfect.

we don't CLAIM to be perfect. i hope. nor without some reasons to apologize occasionally.

gunkid was OUR wingnut. so is zumbo, on another level.

our mistakes aren't going to stop happening because we defend our rights. we don't grow perfection because our answer isn't AS BAD as the answer of unarmed trembling.

yes, i agree seemly behaviour makes more friends, but i am NOT supporting your rights because I'm your friend. i'm your fellow citizen and i'll support your rights if i like you or not.

try that. if we got a wingnut, say, yeah, that's a wingnut, and move on.

if my cousins a drunk, ok, my cousins a drunk.

next point.

you can't ask for personal responsibility and not accept some folks aren't good at it.

that goes with. if you gave everyone a gun, shortly you'ld find out some folks are incompetent to control themselves, and that means incompetent to control guns.

hiding our ignorant doesn't teach them anything. blurring the truth is what got us here.

orginialc-rock 06-09-2007 21:07

All i know is,

whats going on, is not working. If you want to keep on doing the same things, go ahead.

I think we need to try new ideas, new things. We need hail marys.

I got folks talking, I got folks thinking.

That is what we need.

If you want to go your route so be it. ITs all 4th generation now in our tatics.

As long as you make attempts, I can respect that.

If you ***** and moan, and dont do your part, is when I cant respect it.

hotpig 06-09-2007 21:21

Quote:

Originally posted by orginialc-rock
All i know is,

I got folks talking, I got folks thinking.

That is what we need.

Depends on if they are talking with you, not about you.

orginialc-rock 06-10-2007 12:05

Well,

if you worry more about people talking about you, and allowing that to effect how you are being in the world, then you will accomplish nothing.
Let me ask you something, do you work for government hotpig?

Tecumseh 06-11-2007 03:31

So Hotpig where were you when they were filming this? I was not there. Were you? So far C-Rock was the only one there standing up for our rights.

Its funny to me that you critisize someone for going and fighting for our rights while you sit and home and complain that we look bad. If you were so worried you would have showed up yourself.

hotpig 06-11-2007 10:57

I'm busy trying to get this passed. Actually the four surrounding counties are headed in this direction.It may not hold water when push comes to shove with the state. I think it sends a strong message.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=273233

Tecumseh 06-14-2007 18:54

So both of you are pushing progun bills and policies. You just decided to personally attack someone for doing it in a different manner.

hotpig 06-14-2007 20:38

His manner as shown in the video is the same as shooting your self in the foot.

This is a numbers game. There are two sides of the fence. The side that has the most numbers win. We need more of the elected officials to cross over to our side of the fence to win.

It is very hard do get them to do it because the people that vote them into office want more gun control. Add to it our Mayor and Governor want more gun control.Crossing to the pro side is almost considered political suicide.

Poking them in the eye with a sharp stick is not the best way to get them to cross the line to your side.

My wife wants to drag me to a lunch with Blago and Obama later this summer. I would like to make a ass of them both but it will not help our cause. I will put my best foot foreword and hope that it pays off at a later date.

orginialc-rock 06-19-2007 21:31

Quote:

Originally posted by hotpig

It is very hard do get them to do it because the people that vote them into office want more gun control. Add to it our Mayor and Governor want more gun control.Crossing to the pro side is almost considered political suicide.

Poking them in the eye with a sharp stick is not the best way to get them to cross the line to your side.

First off,
most folks do not care about gun control. Even the cook AWB question showed that. Majority of the folks did not even vote for it. No yes, or no.

They been keeping this up over the years, even after 9-11

Plus these past two yrs, they want to give illegals DLs, while asking for more laws on citizens

We have a huge deficit, we have *****on issues.
Look at the gridlock right now going on.

We need to keep on the offensive. We need to cause more chaos.