Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Canyon Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   bass pro shop (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711406)

Azjeeper 06-07-2007 00:34

bass pro shop

Has anyone been to the new bass pro shop in mesa yet? and if so whats their policy on the carry of firearms inside the store.

reconvic 06-07-2007 12:00

1 Attachment(s)
I was there at the grand opening and seen no sign's posted to the affected of no loaded guns or firearms period. Use the train of thought concealed is concealed.:banana:

reconvic 06-07-2007 12:00

1 Attachment(s)
I was there at the grand opening and seen no sign's posted to the affected of no loaded guns or firearms period. Use the train of thought concealed is concealed.:banana:

Azjeeper 06-07-2007 20:52

Awesone I will be there saterday! How was it how does it compare to cabellas for the gun dept? When i was at the one in Vegas I was dissapointed because they didnt have any "black rifles" but then maybe they did that on purpose so they wouldnt scare any californians passing through.

p2555016zr 06-07-2007 21:01

Quote:

Originally posted by Azjeeper
Awesone I will be there saterday! How was it how does it compare to cabellas for the gun dept? When i was at the one in Vegas I was dissapointed because they didnt have any "black rifles" but then maybe they did that on purpose so they wouldnt scare any californians passing through.
I went to the one in Vegas also. I was asking about enclosed hammer revolvers because I was interested at the time. They said that they don't carry them. All of their hand guns and rifles pertain to hunting and sporting. They don't gear themselves toward self defense. They said it was company policy. That is the short version of what they said.

Azjeeper 06-07-2007 23:29

Thats funny they would say that when they have glock 26's and remington police 870s. also igonoreing the fact the ar15s are more sporting than ever these days. In a way policies like that make me not mind the drive accross town to cabelas. But then again I am a lazy lazy man and they do have nice things at decent prices.

DESERTDUDE 06-12-2007 19:35

Took the kids last weekend... While trying to find a place to park, I noticed a male wearing a Bass Pro shop shirt and name tag. I rolled down my window and asked about their policy with CCW. I swear on my childrens life this man told me "I REALLY DONT KNOW?" Under his name tag (I wont bus roll him and use his name) was the name of the Dept he worked in at the store......

I kid you not,It read*FINE GUNS*,

I figured after parking damn near out on the 202, and getting No help from an employee, I did not want to have to walk back and put my gun away if there were issues..... So to answer your original post..When you walk in to the second set of doors, it is clearly marked..NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED, LOADED OR UNLOADED..right on the glass door you have to open. They have a customer service desk where they will *store* your Gun for you while you shop.. So whomever posted before me saying it was not posted, It is posted,Large,Clear,and in Plain sight,,,BECAREFUL......

Azjeeper 06-13-2007 10:24

Wow when I went I went inside the entrance on the east side and saw no sign but later that weekend while makeing an exchange I saw a sign saying something about the gun policy. while shopping inside I saw a guy with a sig tucked into his waistband he musta missed the sign. anyway that is a totally b.s policy and should be changed. ccw should be allowed in an outdoors store. Im am going to write them a letter. They should have a policy like sportsmans warehouse or cabeleas. I think its more dangerous to have people remove guns and store them. I think its a beautiful store with an ugly policy.

Pima Pants 06-17-2007 00:55

I went today (Saturday) and used the east entrance. Parked very close to the store. Saw no signs at all. In Arizona, I ignore them anyway. Walking inside with a concealed weapon is not breaking the law. It's just their store policy and doesn't have the force of law.

G26AZ 06-17-2007 23:43

Don't they have an indoor shooting range inside the store? I live close, but haven't been able to get there yet - hope to fix that this week.

Azjeeper 06-17-2007 23:57

Yes I think they do. The whole store is very nice really.

DeadSteam 06-20-2007 16:50

Quote:

Originally posted by Pima Pants
In Arizona, I ignore them anyway. Walking inside with a concealed weapon is not breaking the law. It's just their store policy and doesn't have the force of law.

Really? I was under the impression that it did.

DESERTDUDE 06-20-2007 17:00

So let me get this right? Its store Policy? Not even close. I agree with Steam....NO MEANS NO

DESERTDUDE 06-24-2007 19:49

Ok went there again this weekend....East door by Cigar shop is not posted you guys are right. I walked around to the main entrance and sign is down. I finally found a Mgr. who explained to me that they have now become CCW friendly.. I asked him if I was losing my mind that at one point it was prohibited? He said that corporate had wanted it to be gun free, and Yes that first 2 weeks of being open it was posted and you had to store it. Too many complaints and threats of going to Cabelas,Sportsman Warehouse had them seeing the light. Carry it concealed or open.....Life is good..

Soooooo Ummmmmmmmmmm we were all correct!!

alphabavo 06-24-2007 20:58

Good place. I have not had any problems carrying there. The Fine Gun Room manager is a personal friend of mine. You should see him when you have any questions. This guy has forgotten more about firearms and hunting then most of us will ever know combined.

shoottokill 07-04-2007 19:21

thank god they fixed that because when i went i had to put a trigger lock on it and they also unloaded the gun for me with a little stopper thing they had on the counter. i just didn;t like the fact that some employee had to unload my gun and the fact that the weapon no longer fit into my holster so for the time i was there i had to put it in my waistband like a gaaaangsta

DUKE_NUKEM 08-02-2007 07:15

Quote:

Originally posted by Azjeeper
They told me (Vegas store)the owner will not ever carry any tactical anything in the store. Not even a tactical Buck SBMF folder!

Cryptoboy 08-12-2007 22:23

Quote:

Originally posted by Pima Pants
I went today (Saturday) and used the east entrance. Parked very close to the store. Saw no signs at all. In Arizona, I ignore them anyway. Walking inside with a concealed weapon is not breaking the law. It's just their store policy and doesn't have the force of law.
Actually it does. If there is a sign and you are caught carrying concealed, that sign is pretty much considering a reasonable request that you refused to abide by (kindof like if you went into a store w/no sign, was printed, asked to leave, and you refused). Hence, you would at least lose your permit (I forget the actual penalty, I believe it's a misdemeanor).

Choose to ignore the laws, but don't assume that there are no repercussions! The store owner won't be able to hold you, but if he/she reports you to the police, your life will suck!