Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Canyon Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Snowbird (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721055)

alphacat 06-28-2007 19:21

Snowbird

Looks like I might be a snowbird this winter.
My sister moved back to Benson AZ last month and she wants me to come down and spend the winter at her place.

I want to take a CCW class when I'm there this time. I'll be looking for a place to do a little shooting too. The desert around where she lives has built up so much you can't find a good place out there to shoot anymore so I'll have to find a range to go to.
No snow for me...
:devildance:

alphacat 07-01-2007 13:15

Wow, I would have thought somebody would have told me to stay home by now.:hugs:

El_Ron1 07-01-2007 17:22

There's MILES of places to shoot there. Get with a local. Come to Phoenix to see what "built up, where can I go shoot in the desert?" is really like. Have a good winter. Sure you don't want to drop in next week for some 115 -118F?:supergrin:

alphacat 07-01-2007 17:30

No thanks to the 110 plus heat.
Sis told me it was going to cool down next week to around 90 plus,, cool down.:rofl:
The guy that teaches the Arizona CCW classes told me that after I take his class I'll have access to his shooting range.

I'm planing on staying all winter this time. I've been to her place lots of times but never stayed for more then a week at a time.

Oasis 07-02-2007 22:48

Re: Snowbird

Quote:

Originally posted by alphacat
Looks like I might be a snowbird this winter.
My sister moved back to Benson AZ last month and she wants me to come down and spend the winter at her place.

Come on down!

The "Golden Age" of Az Snowbirding has been over for a decade. More crowded and expensive these days. And you may be surprised and dismayed by the number of illegal aliens. But the winter weather is still perfect.

Obtaining a Concealed Carry Permit is a priceless liberty, not available in lots of other states. So get yourself one, and savor it.

Consider yourself welcome. Spend lots of money. Stay as long as you like. But if you're just discovering the charms of Arizona, you're way behind the curve.

This is the perfect time to get out of the zone. We appreciate new ethusiasts like you. We have many homes, ranches, and resorts to sell to you at very reasonable prices. ;)

blueiron 07-03-2007 09:07

Quote:

Originally posted by alphacat
Wow, I would have thought somebody would have told me to stay home by now.:hugs:

Since you asked, see signature line.

alphacat 07-03-2007 09:54

I'll go home in the spring. :wavey:

I've been to my sister's house lots of times before but I've never spent a long time there. I'm not sure how long we can be together before we start to fight like we did as kids. We'll see. I'm going to drive, so I guess I can leave at anytime I need to.
I'd like to own one of those trailer homes in one of those gated parks that have lots of stuff to offer us old folks. They have several of those in and around Benson. I'll take a look while I'm there.
My sis lives in a place called "Mescal Lakes", maybe I should take my fishing pole.:rofl: You can see a movie set from her front yard, I hope they are filming a western while I'm there.
I'm looking forward to taking ccw classes. I'll have to do some checking on scheduling.
Ride 'em cowboy.