Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Michael Coleman's wife sentenced (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739050)

G37 Commando 08-07-2007 17:38

Michael Coleman's wife sentenced

Mayor's wife sentenced to community service with fine

Business First of Columbus - 2:56 PM EDT Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Frankie Coleman, wife of Columbus Mayor Michael Coleman, must pay a $1,000 fine and spend 100 hours in community service for her conviction on two misdemeanor charges stemming from a recent investigation.

Franklin County Municipal Judge Harlan H. Hale sentenced Mrs. Coleman on Tuesday on charges stemming from an Ohio State Inspector General's Office investigation that found she was paid for days she either reported late to her job at the state Department of Development, left early or didn't show up at all. Mrs. Coleman pleaded no contest to the charges -- one was for submitting time sheets that resulted in pay for unworked hours, the other was for lying to investigators -- and will also make $2,100 in restitution.

Hale suspended an original sentence of 360 days in a county correctional center, contingent upon her completing probation.

The investigation, launched May 9 at the request of Gov. Ted Strickland, cleared Mrs. Coleman of allegations she had consumed alcohol before or during work. Mrs. Coleman resigned June 8 from her state job, where she made a $70,000 annual salary, citing "pressing personal needs."

Mrs. Coleman in 2005 pleaded guilty to drunken driving-related charges following an accident in Bexley in which she was found to have a blood-alcohol level about three times the legal limit.

Canon10D 08-08-2007 08:05

Fudge that Beotch. She is nothing but a cover for his drug dealin, hookers that he keeps around.

gtmtnbiker98 08-08-2007 13:06

Why wasn't this in Common Pleas. Those allegations constitute Theft in Office F5 (minimum) and falsification M1. Don't you just love politics. Now, if that was an FOP member, you'd better bet that felony convictions would be in order.

I hate politics.

anyplainjoe 08-10-2007 12:16

The Dispatch covered this a little as humanly possible. After she got her DUI, they ran a front page story on how people love Mayor Coleman.

Y-Town 08-11-2007 08:07

The prosecutor was Ron O'Brien - a Republican.
The judge was Harlan Hale - a Republican.

G37 Commando 08-18-2007 10:03

Quote:

Originally posted by Y-Town
The prosecutor was Ron O'Brien - a Republican.
The judge was Harlan Hale - a Republican.

And your point?

The best thing I can say about her is that she pretty much guaranteed us that we didn't have to worry about her husband being governor.

Jay

Y-Town 08-18-2007 17:17

sorry, i re-read earlier post and see that I misread "FOP" as "GOP". I was under the impression that the earlier poster was implying that same-side politics is what gave Frankie the slap on the wrist. I guess it was just reciprocal-politics at hand. :)