Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carolina Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   SC Troopers moving to the Glock .45? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767805)

Glockphobia 10-09-2007 04:24

SC Troopers moving to the Glock .45?

my father-in-law is an SC Trooper in Beaufort (17yrs), and he came to stay with me and the wife (not far from the police academy) for 2 days last tuesday. i asked him what he was learning this time and he said he was taking an glock armorers course because they (SC TROOPERS)were moving to the glock .45. i followed up with "oh yea, what model" he said "the 17 i think". with that response i fiqured, which i already new 1) hes NOT a glock and 2) he DID NOT pay attention in class!

CarlosC 10-11-2007 14:36

My neighbor is a Trooper as well. A while back he told me they were switching to the .45 because they have shot people with their G-22s and failed to stop whatever it is they were doing that waranted a shooting. Maybe they're going with the slim frame .45. He is hoping to buy his issue G-22 because it has some sort of special serial number.

Hef 10-14-2007 13:34

Re: SC Troopers moving to the Glock .45?

Quote:

Originally posted by Glockphobia
my father-in-law is an SC Trooper in Beaufort (17yrs), and he came to stay with me and the wife (not far from the police academy) for 2 days last tuesday. i asked him what he was learning this time and he said he was taking an glock armorers course because they (SC TROOPERS)were moving to the glock .45. i followed up with "oh yea, what model" he said "the 17 i think". with that response i fiqured, which i already new 1) hes NOT a glock and 2) he DID NOT pay attention in class!
His last name wouldn't happen to be Woods, would it? If so, I know his sons and I'm good friends with his nephew Roger.

Scunyon 10-20-2007 19:17

Guess again...

We're moving to the Glock 37 .45 G.A.P. I'm with the State Transport Police under DPS and we're all transitioning, so they say, by January, but maybe longer.

Unfortunately, we won't get the G39 for back-ups.

ElevenO 01-08-2008 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosC (Post 9090750)
My neighbor is a Trooper as well. A while back he told me they were switching to the .45 because they have shot people with their G-22s and failed to stop whatever it is they were doing that waranted a shooting. Maybe they're going with the slim frame .45. He is hoping to buy his issue G-22 because it has some sort of special serial number.

Huh? There's got to be more to this story because the .40 S&W may be a lot of things but to weak for self defense shouldn't be one of them. :faint: :dunno: :dunno:

Glockphobia 01-11-2008 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hef (Post 9106898)
His last name wouldn't happen to be Woods, would it? If so, I know his sons and I'm good friends with his nephew Roger.

nope.