Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Canyon Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Randel's Gun Shop Glendale AZ. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798632)

akapennypincher 12-20-2007 15:43

Randel's Gun Shop Glendale AZ.

Get the poor customer service award..:steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed:

justaguy 12-21-2007 19:59

I'll bite.

Why??

dsgrntldPW 12-22-2007 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by justaguy (Post 9493335)
Why??

Me too. Always had great service when I've gone there. Purchased much from them over the years-guns, ammo, holsters and other trinkets. Always been treated right.

akapennypincher 12-23-2007 07:18

Have not been there in years. Walk in the other day, and the (3) behind the counter doing nothing. no customers, and no one say Hi, or Can we help U. Customer Service SUCKS... :steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed:

viscid240 12-23-2007 15:45

WOW, I have gone in there only a few times. 2 weeks ago went in there to buy some ammo. and was quickly greeted.

Never had problems with their customer service.

akapennypincher 12-23-2007 15:56

You are prettier than I am. Ammo is a Wally World thing.

viscid240 12-23-2007 21:30

hope they don't swing that way/.....No it was some hollow points. With you on the wally world ammo. Have you had any luck with LONE WOLF? That seems to be my choice of shops for now.

akapennypincher 12-24-2007 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by viscid240 (Post 9506498)
Have you had any luck with LONE WOLF?

They are CS Friendly (customer service) Like guns Plus in Surprise.:cool:

Lone_Wolfe 12-24-2007 23:08

I've been to Guns Plus and they are cool. I've always been treated great at Randall's too.

Maybe it's because I have a P99 on my hip.......

Or maybe it's because I'm a girl.......:supergrin:

Glocker 4 Life 01-18-2008 17:18

Gary & Harlen at Randall's has always been great to me & my wife. Bought my G21SF there & wife got her G19 there as well

OTOH, Guns Plus won't get my business anymore, was quoted a price on a G20 over the phone & left my name etc and said I would be in the following day. I showed up, asked for the Gent I spoke with on the phone and he then proceeds to tell me he didn't quote me the price he promised on the phone. wanted $20 more. I told him he just sent me to SW to buy it.

My wife didn't care for (Guns Plus) either as they gave off an impression that they don't want your business, no greetings, grumpy people IMO. they had that look like they just got their arse chewed by their wives. YMMV

Macintosh#1 02-16-2008 09:05

Lone Wolf is excellent for Glocks.
Caswells, see Jackie, everyone else not so good.
Scottsdale Gun Club, pushy salesmen with a mall ninja complex.
Bear arms, kind of obnoxious and too high prices.
Big Bore is the place to go for .45's and 1911 work.
Legendary Guns, grossly overpriced and the sales people are dicks.
Shooters World, not much choice in guns, lots of other stuff.
S&S Firearms, lots of Sigs but the owner is whacky, he ran out into the parking lot and shot at someone who tried to steal a weapon, gave it back, and left. Then the owner shot at his car!!
Glockmeister, new ownership, he will start selling Glocks again soon. Too bad Ben is gone. The new owner is a good guy though. He will get more of my business.
Pistol Parlor. small shop, good prices, staff is grumpy at best.
Shooters Vault, excellent selection, decent prices, friendly staff, probably my favorite place.

Doc Holliday 03-14-2008 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macintosh#1 (Post 9881079)

I'll vouch for Jackie! I was in there last week, just looking at a 34 and a 36...what does she pull out from under the counter?

17L :wow:

Put money down on it immediately, then went back and bought it later that same day.

BLAMMO! Excellent! :number1:

Krueshoot 03-15-2008 07:26

Quote:

S&S Firearms, lots of Sigs but the owner is whacky, he ran out into the parking lot and shot at someone who tried to steal a weapon, gave it back, and left. Then the owner shot at his car!!
Glockmeister, new ownership, he will start selling Glocks again soon. Too bad Ben is gone. The new owner is a good guy though. He will get more of my business.
Shooters Vault, excellent selection, decent prices, friendly staff, probably my favorite place.

Sort of surprised that Derby Guns isn't even mentioned. Small shop friendly people. Maybe you should stop by and give them a chance.

Lone_Wolfe 03-15-2008 09:32

Where is Derby Guns?

Krueshoot 03-16-2008 19:13

Scottsdale rd. between Oak and Thomas

CU4X4N 03-17-2008 01:00

Quote:

I always make sure to deal with Jen when I go there.

I'd say she's definitely not a salesman! :hearts:

I like the fact that they greet you as soon as you come in the door, and a friendly "no thanks, I'm just looking" works well for me.

I've bought two pistols and two rifles from them over the past year.
Don't be afraid to wheel and deal with them.
I never paid original asking price on any of the guns I bought.
Best deal was for my new G23 with Trijicon night sights and three magazines for $499.

sharp 04-13-2008 00:13

Quote:

I haven't live in Phx for over 12 years now, so I don't hit all the gun stores like I used to....but my observations are these:

Scottsdale Gun Club: I've only been in twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times; great selection, friendly staff, decent prices.

Lone Wolf: Not bad but not that helpful or friendly. Good prices. If I was buying a Glock I know I could walk in there and come out with a good deal, if not the best deal in town.

Legendary Guns: They were nice and they were the only ones to have a FA model 97 in stock when I was looking. Was living in Tucson then, and drove up to pick it up. Looked like they had a nice inventory.

Bear Arms: Not overly friendly, but have good selection of top line stuff. Bought my Wilson CQB-C there. I don't think anyone else in AZ had any Wilson inventory at the time.

Phx Arms ??? I may be saying the wrong name? I used to deal with a guy up on Union Hills around 7th Ave?? Haven't been there for years, but I always liked that place and the friendly people running it. I bought my first P7 there, a 9mm SP-101, as well as my first Benelli shotgun. Are they still around??

Shooter's Vault: Like Macintosh, they are my favorite. I don't think I've even bought a gun from them yet. I bought my Swarovski EL's there and was treated great. I've bought some AR parts and stuff there and other than that, just fondled alot of cool stuff during several repeat visits there and was not made to feel like a loser for my non-purchases.

I live in a smaller town now further north in AZ and there are several gun shops in the area but none that I really like much at all. Most are unfriendly and combine that with a lack of knowledge of the products they are selling. One of the ones with a good selection I have purchased at least 10 guns from, and they still act like they don't know me. You'd think a repeat customer would become someone they were happy to see walk through their front door, but I have yet to experience that.

sharp 04-13-2008 00:17

Oh, I forgot to mention the one that is the OP's subject:
I've been there once, for a very short time. Didn't buy anything. Left. Never been back.

CU4X4N 04-13-2008 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharp (Post 10278581)

I live in a smaller town now further north in AZ and there are several gun shops in the area but none that I really like much at all. Most are unfriendly and combine that with a lack of knowledge of the products they are selling. One of the ones with a good selection I have purchased at least 10 guns from, and they still act like they don't know me. You'd think a repeat customer would become someone they were happy to see walk through their front door, but I have yet to experience that.

How far north in AZ are you?

Check out J&G in Prescott,

http://www.jgsales.com/

Lone_Wolfe 04-13-2008 09:32

I've been to J&G 3 times. From my experience they have a great selection, especially old milsurp, but the sales staff can be indifferent. I went in one time when it wasn't at all busy and was all but ignored anyway. Another time a guy who said he was the manager started giving me hard time when I was doing a 4473 to buy a Mosin Nagant. He said "We don't do straw sales". I said again that it was for me and he said "Not likely" as he was walking away. :steamed:

Funny, the gun is currently parked in MY safe.....

sharp 04-13-2008 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by CU4X4N (Post 10278747)
How far north in AZ are you?

Check out J&G in Prescott,

http://www.jgsales.com/

Just about that far......LOL.
Been there many many times. Other than their good deals on surplus and such, I'm not that impressed.

CU4X4N 04-13-2008 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharp (Post 10282053)
Just about that far......LOL.
Been there many many times. Other than their good deals on surplus and such, I'm not that impressed.

Yeah, I've bought some ammo from them and surplus as well.

fofinger 04-13-2008 18:41

I like Derby.....I got my G26 from them.....she's a Glock owner and really nice....