Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Midwest Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Would you trade your AR15 for full CCW rights? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798960)

joemerchant24 12-21-2007 10:17

Would you trade your AR15 for full CCW rights?

That's the crux of a question I was asked this morning by a person on the inside at the Statehouse in Nebraska.

There will be a bill this session that wants to add some locking laws on guns as well as a reporting period for stolen guns.

Now, there's rumors the antis may want to add an assault weapons ban in return for granting pre-emption, reciprocity, and no more "gun-free" businesses.

Get the full details and give me your opinion at The Shack.

http://joemerchant24.blogspot.com/20...butt-from.html

G_34 12-21-2007 18:19

Kansas isn't all that far away brother...pack your gear and head south. We'll let you keep your AR (As long as you share at the range) and you can have a CCW too now. :supergrin:

sdsnet 12-21-2007 18:45

I would not trade my rights for anything because you cannot negotiate with the anti-gun crowd. Any cooperation with them will only result in the loss of rights and they will never stop until there are no gun rights left.

Ljunatic 12-21-2007 19:28

Can you say AR pistol?http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...f?t=1198286586

cmzneb 12-25-2007 21:48

All this silly talk caused me to buy another lower this past week to assemble for my lonely extra upper.

Now I just need to convince myself to spend the $$$ on an AR-10 :supergrin:

joemerchant24 12-26-2007 09:34

CMZNEB;

I know the feeling... I'm feeling the need to order my 6.8 upper sooner rather than later.

sandhiller 12-29-2007 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdsnet (Post 9492566)
I would not trade my rights for anything because you cannot negotiate with the anti-gun crowd. Any cooperation with them will only result in the loss of rights and they will never stop until there are no gun rights left.

Agree 100%. I don't have my CCP yet but my AR 15 is not going anywhere for anything:steamed:

ebigfish 01-03-2008 00:11

...just 1 more reason why I'll never move back to my home state....

RailRider 02-26-2009 16:22

No I think I will need it

ProjectCamaro 03-28-2009 22:21

Considering Wisconsin has NO CCW rights I would give up my AR15 to carry.

bukn77 03-29-2009 17:48

I'll keep my ars and my CCW permit thank you very much.

Hi Ball 07-16-2009 19:17

Hell YES as long as I could keep my FAL in the .308 caliber!:wow: :cool: :cool:

45 Carry 07-20-2009 12:27

AR is the chemical symbol for element Argon a colorless, ordorless, inert, gaseous element constituting about 1 % of the earth's atmosphere. Sometimes used in electric lamps, fluoescent tubes and radio vacuum tubes. Atomic number 18. Atomic weight 39.94.

Yeh, I'd trade some. I'd buy 'em a whole tank.

varmint6 11-23-2009 19:56

no thanks..

sdfhpson 10-17-2010 21:37

Would I trade my AR15 for full CCW rights? -- That's like asking if I'd trade a kidney for full CCW rights.... The answer is no. I have the right to have both.

Clay1 11-05-2010 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro (Post 12613640)

As another from Wisconsin there is no way I would go along with that. Give up your AR for FULL?????? ccw. What does that mean? Give up one right to be able to submitt to their ccs regs? I can see it now: We have full ccw rights but:
Annual cost to carry $500 per year filing fee
Surcharge on ammo costs in the state to help with new costs of facilitating the program
and a host of other misc charges meant to stop you from excercising your rights. Note, I just made up the above but these types of fees are not new. I would vote no to the new proposal and no to that persons re election next time around.

sourdough44 11-29-2010 04:55

NO!, and when the new CCW bill makes it's way through the WI legislature in the next year or so NO compromises to the anti gunners. We don't need them now anyway. I know WI does not have CC yet, but other than that we have reasonable gun ownership laws.

pugman 12-13-2010 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro (Post 12613640)

Amen Brother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joemerchant24 (Post 9490053)
That's the crux of a question I was asked this morning by a person on the inside at the Statehouse in Nebraska.

There will be a bill this session that wants to add some locking laws on guns as well as a reporting period for stolen guns.

Now, there's rumors the antis may want to add an assault weapons ban in return for granting pre-emption, reciprocity, and no more "gun-free" businesses.

Get the full details and give me your opinion at The Shack.

We just had this discussion.

A few liberal coworkers of mine had this conversation a few weeks ago when Walker was voted in as governor elect and supports finally getting Wisconsin a carry bill. None of these left leaning friends are the proverbal cartoon liberal you see protrayed by the right. These are regular hard working middle class white collar workers who just value different things.

The question at our lunch roundtable was simply this: If we took 2nd ammendment issues off the table permanently what would I as a firearm owner be willing to give in on.

The first piece of ludicracy you need to get around is the fact I'm dealing my rights like its a card in a game of poker. These are my rights and should never even be a consideration...yet here we are in today's U.S where people have forgotten their history.

The second thing was we aren't talking a firearm free for all. I did agree reasonable measures could be put in place (many of which are already in place today). A 3 day waiting period, a national CCW law, a limit on firearm purchases of say 10 a month except in the cases of antiques or large collection purchases, etc. Just as proof they understood very little of what is going on in today's world, many of the things they said we HAD TO HAVE are already in place?. These would be permanent unchangable laws--none of this if we give them a inch now they will want a mile later.

Items they proposed:

Gay marriage is legal. I said sure...since to me gay and straight is about as important as white, black, native american or asian You are either an American or not. As long as the idea of a domestic partnership is abolished along with it...fine.

Abortion is permanently banned in all cases except rape and incest.

There were a few other ones they threw out but these were the two big ones.

So, would you give in on these for for CCW permit?

Clay1 12-13-2010 08:35

You would give up another man's right to further your own?

Just because you don't shoot an AR type rifle doesn't mean that there is not a legitimate place for one. Remember the anti gun crowds goals are to chip away at us a little at a time. I'm all in favor of expanding firearms owners rights but not at the cost of giving up any.

I keep thinking about this and they will take away the right to own a rifle that anyone can buy in order to get you to get a permit that the state controlls. What if after they did this that they raised the cost of the permit to 500$/ year, what if the permit cost $2000/ year. My answer is not no to this original question, but hell NO!
Rick

geoemery 12-13-2010 19:59

As another person from Wisconsin, I'm unwilling to give up any rights, especially when it comes to firearms. Giving up rights is how we got here in the first place. Most frequently due to a knee jerk reaction to some event. I support some reasonable regulation but not to infringe on rights. Machinegun regulation is okay since therer is only limited need. (I always wanted shoot one but never wanted to own one.) However citizens need to be able to defend themselves at all times, which should include CCW. I live in a county where the deputy would take about an hour to respond except the semi-yearly visit to this end of the county.