Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The US Marine Corps Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   A sad day for military law enforcement (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809439)

Dean 01-12-2008 09:46

A sad day for military law enforcement

It's a sad day for military law enforcement.

The Marine Corps allowed a rapist to roam free for months while his victim got an order of protection against him. Can you imagine what it must have been like for that girl? Being abused and taunted, while carrying her rapists baby? Then, the rapist kills the 20 year old 8 months pregnant service member, cuts her throat, burns her body like camping trash, buries her in HIS OWN yard, and writes a note saying "She killed herself."

How many other rapes did this guy do?

How did a rapist remain free, and assigned to the same post as his victim, with the opportunity to kidnap and murder her? What did the Provost Marshall say? Was he thinking, "Oh, she's just a bubble-headed slut - she deserved it?" Where's all the JAGS and NCIS hotshots? Where were they, when this girl reported a violent felony comitted on the base by an active duty NCO?

I read that they charged him with "Adultry." Because he was married.

Is this what people can expect when their daughters enter military service?

This is a terrible case. Shame.

Fred Hansen 01-13-2008 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 9643192)
Where's all the JAGS and NCIS hotshots?

They're busy arresting and prosecuting our sailors and Marines for having killed the enemy; so naturally they don't have time to deal with things like rape and murder.

The JAGS are busy working for the likes of John "Mullah" Murtha, and ensuring that our troops fear the idea of killing the enemy so much so, that they hesitate long enough to be killed themselves.

And the numbnuts in the White House just sits back and watches this all happen. Back when Reagan was President, it didn't matter who you were; criminal, enemy, WTF-ever, you got dealt with swiftly and surely. Today we have pissant muslim turds in speedboats threatening our warships, and we are the ones who tuck tail and run. When the Libyans tried that crap, they got hammered, and more than a few times sent directly to the bottom of the Gulf of Sidra.

So yes, it is a very sad situation all the way around. I just hope the perp doesn't survive his capture.

RM 01-13-2008 06:15

Quote:

The Marine Corps allowed a rapist to roam free for months while his victim got an order of protection against him. Can you imagine what it must have been like for that girl? Being abused and taunted, while carrying her rapists baby? Then, the rapist kills the 20 year old 8 months pregnant service member, cuts her throat, burns her body like camping trash, buries her in HIS OWN yard, and writes a note saying "She killed herself."

How did a rapist remain free, and assigned to the same post as his victim, with the opportunity to kidnap and murder her? What did the Provost Marshall say? Was he thinking, "Oh, she's just a bubble-headed slut - she deserved it?" Where's all the JAGS and NCIS hotshots? Where were they, when this girl reported a violent felony comitted on the base by an active duty NCO?

Well the problem is it's not exactly the case. The vicitim did at first claim rape, however she withdrew her charges. Subsequently she had also been diagnosed as bi-polar and it was revealed she had a history of making allegations and retracting them.

What the command appears guilty of is allowing the LCpl to move out in town to live with a Sgt, a big no no in the Marines.

The biggest problem is she worked at GPAC, Group Personal and Admin Center. GPAC is all the admin clerks at HQs level working under the "supervision" of personnel officers. They are all admin warrant officer and at least in my experience are not all that great at supervising Marines.

deadday 01-13-2008 06:18

Quote:

Where's all the JAGS and NCIS hotshots?

They are busy overseas interrupting missions briefs to make sure we don't actually accomplish anything that night...:upeyes:

drew

Rugby 01-13-2008 11:35

Quote:

I'm waiting for the day you post something you actually have knowledge about.

Dean 01-14-2008 22:17

Originally Posted by Dean"
" The rapist kills the 20 year old 8 months pregnant service member, cuts her throat, burns her body like camping trash, buries her in HIS OWN yard, and writes a note saying "She killed herself."

A friend wrote:
"I'm waiting for the day you post something you actually have knowledge about."

"The Marine Corps Military Police Provost Marshal at Camp Lejune, N.C. DID LITTLE OR NOTHING AND FAILED TO MAKE AN ARREST or to properly process a rape investigtion, allowing a rapist to roam free for months while his victim got a legal Order of Protection against him. The 20 year old junior enlisted vitim was abused and taunted on the base by other Marines while pregnant. Then, the rapist killed the 20 year old 8 months pregnant service member, cut her throat, burned her body like camping trash, buried her in HIS OWN yard, and wrote a note saying "She killed herself." He is presently being sought for murder and unlawful flight for prosecution by The U.S. Marshal's Service.

Which part of that's not correct, Friend? Heck, don't let me get you all mad! I was in the "Corps" myself, only it was The Military Police Corps of the U.S. Army.
Now let me tell you how this thing ought to go:

I hope that Provost Marshal resigns his commission and leaves the Marine Corps.
He was supposed to protect that little girl. He failed in his mission. Never again should he be entrusted with the safety of our young people.

I also hope that Corporal is run down like a dog, led to the gallows and put to death for his crimes.
He has disgraced the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in a manner worse than anything I've ever seen or hear of state side.

mitchshrader 01-14-2008 22:38

if you want to claim the honors, you take the shame with the package.

if you don't claim the shame, you ain't honorable. either he's one of yours.. or you don't have any claim on the honor of the service, and shouldn't admit to having served.

it's all one thing. you is a marine or you ain't. it don't have a glory switch on it..

RM 01-15-2008 04:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 9660697)
" The rapist kills the 20 year old 8 months pregnant service member, cuts her throat, burns her body like camping trash, buries her in HIS OWN yard, and writes a note saying "She killed herself."

A friend wrote:
"I'm waiting for the day you post something you actually have knowledge about."

"The Marine Corps Military Police Provost Marshal at Camp Lejune, N.C. DID LITTLE OR NOTHING AND FAILED TO MAKE AN ARREST or to properly process a rape investigtion, allowing a rapist to roam free for months while his victim got a legal Order of Protection against him. The 20 year old junior enlisted vitim was abused and taunted on the base by other Marines while pregnant. Then, the rapist killed the 20 year old 8 months pregnant service member, cut her throat, burned her body like camping trash, buried her in HIS OWN yard, and wrote a note saying "She killed herself." He is presently being sought for murder and unlawful flight for prosecution by The U.S. Marshal's Service.

Which part of that's not correct, Friend? Heck, don't let me get you all mad! I was in the "Corps" myself, only it was The Military Police Corps of the U.S. Army.
Now let me tell you how this thing ought to go:

He was supposed to protect that little girl. He failed in his mission. Never again should he be entrusted with the safety of our young people.

I also hope that Corporal is run down like a dog, led to the gallows and put to death for his crimes.
He has disgraced the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in a manner worse than anything I've ever seen or hear of state side.

Well first thing is he very well may be the guilty party, but there is also indication that the Cpl's wife may have done it, so wait till there is at least an indictment.

Part of the problem in what occurred was it appears the LCpl had a long term consensual relationship with the Cpl and may have been carrying his baby. When the Cpl refused to leave his wife for her, she complained of rape, which she later retracted. After the art 32 since rape could not be proved, they charged the Cpl with adultery since that could be proved.

As a former MP you should know that the PMO doesn't have anything to do with making decisions about confinement it is the command of the Marine. Since when is someone accused of adultery put in confinement?

Bradley Brasso 01-15-2008 07:53

A sad and tragic story. The Marine Corps, according to press reports, is conducting its own investigation into this situation. I just wonder why the suspect was not under 24/7 surveillance. It does not take too much of an investigator to figure out that 2+2=4. There are all different stories, as there will be, concerning the relationship between the two parties, the NCIS saying that there was, the girl's uncle saying that there wasn't. Sheriff Brown has stated that the Cpl's name was not on the original rape complaint, and that information was not shared with his dept. Maybe better liason between military and civilian LE will result from this. And, just because someone MAY be suffering from bi-polar disorder and may lack in credibility does in no way mitigate what happened to her. I am sure that when the Marines complete their investigation they WILL make changes if necessary.

Marine8541 01-18-2008 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchshrader (Post 9660831)
if you want to claim the honors, you take the shame with the package.

if you don't claim the shame, you ain't honorable. either he's one of yours.. or you don't have any claim on the honor of the service, and shouldn't admit to having served.

it's all one thing. you is a marine or you ain't. it don't have a glory switch on it..

Did you serve or is this just like all the weapons training advice you give?

Marine8541 01-18-2008 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 9660697)
[I]"

This was a terrible thing and Marines failed in their duties for sure. I pray that any Marine who didn't live up to their responsibilities pays a high price. But let's give Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach her due respect and stop refering to her as a "little girl", she was a Marine, a L/CPL, and a woman and it's insulting to refer to her in that manner. Would you address a member of your Command as a "little girl" or "little boy"? She has a name or a rank and tilte she earned.

THE_CAPTAIN 01-25-2008 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine8541 (Post 9681694)
This was a terrible thing and Marines failed in their duties for sure. I pray that any Marine who didn't live up to their responsibilities pays a high price. But let's give Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach her due respect and stop refering to her as a "little girl", she was a Marine, a L/CPL, and a woman and it's insulting to refer to her in that manner. Would you address a member of your Command as a "little girl" or "little boy"? She has a name or a rank and tilte she earned.

Gentleman,
Article 32 ...Adultery ....Should Have Included Fraterization / Abuse of Authority And .... Unquestionably .... CONDUCT UNBECOMING A "MARINE-NCO" Compelling "Command @ the Highest Levels" on Station To "ISSUE-ORDERS" Remanding Him Either to Brig Custody / Restriction to "Confinement-Barracks" !!

For Defaming "MY" Marinecorps , I Will Gladly Show Him -AND- ANY Accomplice (NO-Gender Bias Afforded) What it Means in "COMBAT" To Reach-Out And Touch Somebody !!
Rape/Date-Rape/Disgruntled-Mistress w/ Marital-Bliss Threats = NO JUSTIFCATION for Assault/Murder of "Any" MARINE & Her-Offspring .....NOT His Child .....Sp&% can be Purchased @ Fertility Clinics ...Parenthood is EARNED !! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

PS: GOD-Bless Them In HEAVEN & May "CHESTY" PULLER Watch over them both !!

deadday 01-30-2008 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE_CAPTAIN (Post 9733747)
Gentleman,
Article 32 ...Adultery ....Should Have Included Fraterization / Abuse of Authority And .... Unquestionably .... CONDUCT UNBECOMING A "MARINE-NCO" Compelling "Command @ the Highest Levels" on Station To "ISSUE-ORDERS" Remanding Him Either to Brig Custody / Restriction to "Confinement-Barracks" !!

For Defaming "MY" Marinecorps , I Will Gladly Show Him -AND- ANY Accomplice (NO-Gender Bias Afforded) What it Means in "COMBAT" To Reach-Out And Touch Somebody !!
Rape/Date-Rape/Disgruntled-Mistress w/ Marital-Bliss Threats = NO JUSTIFCATION for Assault/Murder of "Any" MARINE & Her-Offspring .....NOT His Child .....Sp&% can be Purchased @ Fertility Clinics ...Parenthood is EARNED !! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

PS: GOD-Bless Them In HEAVEN & May "CHESTY" PULLER Watch over them both !!

But their relationship was consensual at the start, so she was also guilty of adultery, fraternization. That was the excuse that was given by the Unit as I understand it. That the relationship was consensual at first, and that they LCpl had mental problems, and Command was investigating her complaints, not sure if they were true. I do believe that they complaints at the very least warranted the LCpl being transferred from the work environment she shared with the Cpl.

drew

THE_CAPTAIN 01-31-2008 19:52

To be charged w/ adultery and covicted of SAME, one MUST be a partner in a "Marital-Contract", Lcpl was SINGLE ......Adultery =NO / Non-Fraternization is Responsibility of "Superior-Ranking" Party .................. Cpl is Highest Rank in Scenario ................. Lcpl @ fraternization = NO ! Immediate Transfer for "Investigation-Integrity of "Charged-Party" And Liberty Restrictions WERE MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS !!

ret_marine2003 02-01-2008 00:19

Since all we really know is the story you get from the news networks, why not set this aside until there are facts to argue about?

The only facts we have at this point is that we have a dead pregnant Marine and another Marine that is AWOL in Mexico.

(Unless you are directly connected to the real case, not the television)

Honorabledog 02-04-2008 03:11

well said

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine8541 (Post 9681694)

Thanks for this post. She was a sister who may have been killed by a brother. We may never know everything that went on, but she was one of ours. Respect must be given.

deadday 02-04-2008 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE_CAPTAIN (Post 9777086)
To be charged w/ adultery and covicted of SAME, one MUST be a partner in a "Marital-Contract", Lcpl was SINGLE ......Adultery =NO / Non-Fraternization is Responsibility of "Superior-Ranking" Party .................. Cpl is Highest Rank in Scenario ................. Lcpl @ fraternization = NO ! Immediate Transfer for "Investigation-Integrity of "Charged-Party" And Liberty Restrictions WERE MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS !!

I appologize, I misread the article..

drew

Blitzer 06-03-2008 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradley Brasso (Post 9662144)
A sad and tragic story. The Marine Corps, according to press reports, is conducting its own investigation into this situation. I just wonder why the suspect was not under 24/7 surveillance. It does not take too much of an investigator to figure out that 2+2=4. There are all different stories, as there will be, concerning the relationship between the two parties, the NCIS saying that there was, the girl's uncle saying that there wasn't. Sheriff Brown has stated that the Cpl's name was not on the original rape complaint, and that information was not shared with his dept. Maybe better liason between military and civilian LE will result from this. And, just because someone MAY be suffering from bi-polar disorder and may lack in credibility does in no way mitigate what happened to her. I am sure that when the Marines complete their investigation they WILL make changes if necessary.

Hmm, wouldn't a Bi-polar disorder be grounds for discharge?