Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   It's About Time (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Invicta Watches (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860437)

BMPregler 04-21-2008 13:45

Invicta Watches

These look like solid watches for the money. Any opinions?
I like the Sub copy.

gruntmedik 04-21-2008 20:37

The only one I have, the 8926, has been fine. There are some more pricey ones around, but I have no experience with them.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...cta2resize.jpg

California Jack 04-21-2008 21:09

Hey BMP,

You probably know this but Sam's carries Invictas. I have never really looked at the prices but you may want to check there before you buy.

No other input.

As a side, I was in Claremore (looking at the landslide) Friday and will be up there again on Weds. Nothing of interest, just talking local stuff to another Okie.

Jack

HerrGlock 04-22-2008 01:40

Invicta uses standard innards and has a generally good warranty. I'm looking at a couple of them too just for grins and giggles.

Oh, Invicta, Hamilton, Torneau, and Accutron all have exactly the same watch (one of the models I'm looking at) with the dial and back of the watch having different markings for each and the three other brands I mentioned all have really good reputations so I cannot see where the Invicta would be anything other than similar if not exact quality.

HerrGlock 04-22-2008 05:07

I was just mulling through a handful of watch articles and tripped over this one:

http://www.discountwatchstore.com/watch-reviews-1/
Invicta and Orient Watch Review

Invicta 8926 vs Orient 2ER00001B - A Comparison

RoyG 04-22-2008 08:41

Invicta Men's Pro Diver Watch 8926-1

You can still get the old style with the coin bezel on Amazon. Picked one up about a month ago.

After a lifetime of Casio and Timex type watches I really like this one. Not much more then the digital ones but much classier.

Invicta Men's Pro Diver Watch 8926-1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

Dr. Obvious 04-22-2008 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by California Jack (Post 10334711)
Hey BMP,

You probably know this but Sam's carries Invictas. I have never really looked at the prices but you may want to check there before you buy.

I bought one there - it was around $106 or so. It's a decently made auto for very little dough.

RyanSBHF 04-22-2008 21:08

I own the 9937 and it's been great. You get a lot for the money: Strong magnification bubble, solid end links, anti-reflective sapphire crystal, and a Swiss made ETA 2824 25 jewel movement, all for around $300. My particular watch cost $315.

HerrGlock 04-23-2008 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntmedik (Post 10334421)
The only one I have, the 8926, has been fine. There are some more pricey ones around, but I have no experience with them.

Just as an absolute aside, is that you over on watchesyouseek with the same username? :supergrin:

gruntmedik 04-24-2008 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerrGlock (Post 10343106)
Just as an absolute aside, is that you over on watchesyouseek with the same username? :supergrin:

Yeppers. :supergrin:

Although, I haven't been on there in awhile.

PeterJasonMN 04-25-2008 23:51

I have the two-tone diver. I need to have the band taken in some before I can start wearing it out though.

gruntmedik 04-26-2008 00:07

It's easy to do yourself. :thumbsup:

LifterCatcher 04-28-2008 21:05

I like Invita but I do not like how they steal looks from other Ie Rolex Bell and Ross

betyourlife 04-28-2008 21:29

Good watches, lot's of compliments, low prices if you buy online.

VirginiaLEO83 04-30-2008 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifterCatcher (Post 10376760)
I like Invita but I do not like how they steal looks from other Ie Rolex Bell and Ross

Heck, everyone these days makes a Submariner look-alike.

Black Bart 05-22-2008 13:09

Great looking watches!

RyansFortyFives 05-22-2008 13:24

You still can't beat the Marathon SAR lineup. I've been drooling over the TSAR and JSAR for about a year now. I still don't have the scratch to pull the trigger on one of those anyways.

OrangeJoe 05-26-2008 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifterCatcher (Post 10376760)

I really liked it when they copied the Seiko Orange Monster, only problem was they sold it for a higher price than the Seiko.

:rofl:

OrangeJoe 05-26-2008 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyansFortyFives (Post 10523987)
You still can't beat the Marathon SAR lineup. I've been drooling over the TSAR and JSAR for about a year now. I still don't have the scratch to pull the trigger on one of those anyways.

Have you compared them to the Seiko Tuna Diver?

Liquid 05-27-2008 18:37

no experience with them but i am pretty sure i saw a coupon for costco on a similar model. the cost is $50.00 after a $50.00 coupon, good luck.

jastroud 06-09-2008 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid (Post 10555573)
no experience with them but i am pretty sure i saw a coupon for costco on a similar model. the cost is $50.00 after a $50.00 coupon, good luck.

You are correct. I picked one up today. Pretty decent watch for the price. Will become my daily beater. My only gripe is the lack of a screw down crown.

hippy john 08-25-2008 22:02

1 Attachment(s)
This is the Invicta Sea Ghost that I got from T.J. Max a couple days ago. Keeps great time, and looks nice. I have a couple nice watches, but always seem to find room for one more. And at $50, I really dont mind wearing it just about everywhere.

The Rampage 08-26-2008 02:34

Hate to go against the grain here and I don't own a single Invicta so take it for what it's worth...

But I've read more than a few threads (perhaps on WUS?) harshly critical of Invicta's warranty and customer service, and even more gripes about a supposed lack of QC in their factories. One dealer was even going on about how he no longer deals with Invicta as they're a PITA and don't honor their word.

That aside, they seem to be fine if you're looking for a cheap, attractive, supposedly reliable Rolex knock-off to use as a beater. They make some decent models with automatic movements, sapphire glass and online you'd easily find one for well under $300. At that price, I figure if the watch lasts five years you've gotten your money's worth and can afford the minor repair bill you'll have to foot yourself when it breaks down.

To be perfectly honest, though...if you're looking for Rolex/Omega knockoffs, you'd be FAR better served just getting yourself an Orient (Mako or the Submariner copy), as they're even cheaper than the Invictas and, from everything I've ever read, seen, heard or experienced (I own three Orients) they're superior to Invicta in every way.

TR

The Rampage 08-26-2008 02:39

Here you go...Orient's Rolex Knockoff:

http://www.kenmarwatches.com/orient/2ER00001B/

I found a comparison between this and Invicta's knockoff, once upon a time. I'll bet a quick Google or WUS search will turn it up quite easily. IIRC, the Orient won, hands down.

Take a look.

TR

VirginiaLEO83 08-26-2008 07:07

I picked up an Invicta 3914 Chronograph a few months ago off of Woot and I've been very happy with it. The fit and finish is great, feels like a solid well made watch. Swiss movement and sapphire crystal, all for under $150. Pretty good deal I thought. I usually wear it to work a few days a week and I always get complimented on it.

While I've never played with Invicta's "Rolex" knockoff, I do own the Orient knockoff that Rampage posted. Between these two at least, the Orient can't compare to the Invicta. The Orient, to me, has a cheap feel to it and doesn't seem to have the fit and finish of the Invicta. While the Invicta seems to have the quality of a expensive swiss watch, the Orient is like every other cheap Jap watch I've handled. While I've had no problems with it, nothing stands out about it either.

http://www.luxurycorner.com/images/l...victa-3914.jpg