Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Smith & Wesson Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Smith and Wesson 610 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874197)

RoyRNC 05-22-2008 17:19

Smith and Wesson 610
 
I like the reviews I have read so far on the 610 revolver. I was thinking of getting one for IDPA and shooting the .40cal since it appears to shoot smoothly in this revolver(this based on review only). Can you use the same moonclips for the 10mm and .40cal or do I need to have two different kinds?

Retired Squid 05-22-2008 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyRNC (Post 10525325)
I like the reviews I have read so far on the 610 revolver. I was thinking of getting one for IDPA and shooting the .40cal since it appears to shoot smoothly in this revolver(this based on review only). Can you use the same moonclips for the 10mm and .40cal or do I need to have two different kinds?

Use same clips since they are the same case, with 10mm shortened to 40 cal originally.

I am sending mine back to S&W this sunmmer (about July) for chamfering the cylinder to aid loading the cylinder when using LSWC reloads. The gun is drop dead accurate and is so easy to shoot even with my arthretic hands. You will love the gun.

By the way I have had mine lightly polished and I keep her waxed with Mothers Mag Wheel wax.

bac1023 05-23-2008 05:01

The 610 is a nice revolver.

G33 05-23-2008 05:18

Great gun.
Two calibers.
Enjoy.
:supergrin:

RoyRNC 05-23-2008 13:22

Thanks guys...it's good to see some postive responses. I appreciate the posts.

Buds Gun shop has the 610 for $600 for the 4" model. They say that is the "delivered price." Unfortunately Bud's in currently out of stock. My local shop can get me one for $780 out the door. Has anyone come across any other decent pricing? I am thinking $600 is probably the best I will find?

Also, can anyone recommend a good fiber optic front sight for the 610?

Retired Squid 05-23-2008 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyRNC (Post 10530353)
Thanks guys...it's good to see some postive responses. I appreciate the posts.

Buds Gun shop has the 610 for $600 for the 4" model. They say that is the "delivered price." Unfortunately Bud's in currently out of stock. My local shop can get me one for $780 out the door. Has anyone come across any other decent pricing? I am thinking $600 is probably the best I will find?

Also, can anyone recommend a good fiber optic front sight for the 610?

They won't be able to match that price again I bet. My buddy said that the last he looked his cost had just about hit the $700 mark a week ago. I got a beautiful HIVIS (fiber optic) from Midway for about $30, don't remember exact price as I bought other items also. But dag nabit it had to have some filing due to sight had flat bottom & sides (90* angle) and I had to bevel it some. Took a file and about 5 minutes and bingo it popped right in and looked factory. I need to take a picture of the 610 with a nice soft polish or shine and the Packmyher Presentation grips, she is a beauty.

bhp9mm 10-05-2009 00:21

i like the 610 i just got a 6.5 pre lock from the firsts run

Retired Squid 10-05-2009 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp9mm (Post 13910415)
i like the 610 i just got a 6.5 pre lock from the firsts run

You got a no dash model? If so you did score a hard to find model. You seldom see anything but dash 3 6.5" models for sale.

Retired Squid 10-05-2009 06:53

Look what I had made for my 610's sure is sweet and not that expensive, but very handy for the range. Hold 8 clipped sets. :cool:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...y6393/Box1.jpg

bhp9mm 12-13-2009 20:51

what 610 do yall like the best

21 shooter 12-13-2009 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retired Squid (Post 13911081)
Look what I had made for my 610's sure is sweet and not that expensive, but very handy for the range. Hold 8 clipped sets. :cool:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...y6393/Box1.jpg

Nice work!

FreeAmerican 12-14-2009 06:18

I love my 610 very much. Only thing I can add to the above posts is if you reload, you can really step the 10mm up a bit with no worries in the revolver. Get one if you can.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/610f.jpg

gatorboy 12-16-2009 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp9mm (Post 14339323)
what 610 do yall like the best

I've got a 4" and a 6.5". The answer to your question depends on the situation. For hunting, I like the 6.5". I have a Sidearmor holster for it and the extra 2.5" gets about 200 fps more than the 4". For anything else, the 4". I don't have a holster for it or I would have taken a hog with it as well by now. Both have Hillary holes and I'd take a pre lock 5" in excellent shape for both of them if I could. 610's are known by S&W aficionado's to be extraordinarily accurate even for a S&W.

bhp9mm 12-16-2009 08:51

i like my 610s i have a 6.5 inch no dash and 610-2 lew horton 3 inch

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/p...pictureid=1196

SDGlock23 12-16-2009 12:55

The 610 is nice, I'm selling mine in the Firearms Listing forum.

Retired Squid 12-16-2009 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDGlock23 (Post 14356581)
The 610 is nice, I'm selling mine in the Firearms Listing forum.

Tried to find it but could not find it. What you got 3, 4, 5, 6 inch? Pre-lock or not? I'm always on the lookout for 3 or 4 inch model. Lock not a deal breaker.

bhp9mm 12-16-2009 22:13

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1155950

Retired Squid 12-17-2009 06:12

I finally found it last night before I went to bed about 4 or 5 pages back.

Retired Squid 01-01-2010 18:31

610 5"

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...6105inch02.jpg

610-3 6.5"

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...-365inch01.jpg

bhp9mm 01-05-2010 11:48

i like the 5 inch one

Retired Squid 01-05-2010 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp9mm (Post 14482916)
i like the 5 inch one

It's my favorite also.

G33 01-05-2010 19:29

3 and 5 in. are the holy grail.
:supergrin:

Click2 01-08-2010 17:11

How do I know which one I have (pre lock no dash etc.)? I have a 6.5" and it doesn't have the bevels cut in the cylinder, so it's smooth all the way around.
I love this gun! I got it for $500.00 out the door (used) in Colorado 3 years ago, I thought it was a great deal.

Click2

Retired Squid 01-08-2010 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Click2 (Post 14505584)
How do I know which one I have (pre lock no dash etc.)? I have a 6.5" and it doesn't have the bevels cut in the cylinder, so it's smooth all the way around.
I love this gun! I got it for $500.00 out the door (used) in Colorado 3 years ago, I thought it was a great deal.

Click2

Yes it was and if you want you can easy make a profitt on line. I paid $650 for a used 5" no box or papers, but in like new condition with a butter smooth action and nice 2.5 lb trigger. I would have paid $800 for the gun.

bhp9mm 01-11-2010 16:56

Originally Posted by Click2
How do I know which one I have (pre lock no dash etc.)? I have a 6.5" and it doesn't have the bevels cut in the cylinder, so it's smooth all the way around.
I love this gun! I got it for $500.00 out the door (used) in Colorado 3 years ago, I thought it was a great deal.

it would be a 610-1 or 610-2 if it does not have the firing pin on hammer then its a 610-2


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.