Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   GT Voting Booth (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Is anyone UNDECIDED on the Presidential candidates? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=930312)

Silent Runner 09-29-2008 16:28

Is anyone UNDECIDED on the Presidential candidates?
 
I've been reading all the posts around the Obama and McCain and began to wonder...

Is there anyone in this forum that is still undecided?

ravenkeeper98 09-29-2008 16:45

Not at all, already voted

loudes13 09-29-2008 17:00

I can't see how people can be undecided. We know what each candidate and each party stands for.

Woofie 09-29-2008 17:11

I can't decide whether I am going to vote third party or just not bother voting at all.

deadday 09-29-2008 19:01

Well, it's a choice this year between a ****** bag and a turd sandwich...I think I'll just abstain....




drew

meshmdz 09-30-2008 23:15

I am very DECIDED. I'm gladly and proudly voting for Obama. I am sick and tired of the way things have been. End of story.

norton 10-01-2008 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshmdz (Post 11380333)
I am very DECIDED. I'm gladly and proudly voting for Obama. I am sick and tired of the way things have been. End of story.

Are you a gun owner?

TDR 10-01-2008 05:45

Who can I vote for?
 
I have decided:

Obama Sucks
McCain Sucks
Bush Sucks

Yes, I am a gun owner but I find it difficult to decide based on one issue, even when it is the gun issue.

I have voted in every election since 1976, I may skip this one or write in someone.

:crying:

Fiery Red XIII 10-01-2008 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by norton (Post 11380877)
Are you a gun owner?

See his other posts in other threads...he and Barry only disagree on that issue in that we should need paperwork for full-auto's. He thinks Obama really can cut taxes for 95% of people. (By giving non-income tax payers a check so he's then "cutting" their sales tax expenses...only problem is he'll get those checks through OUR income taxes)


Red

meshmdz 10-01-2008 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by norton (Post 11380877)
Are you a gun owner?

Yes, I own 8 firearms. I have been a gun owner my entire life. I agree and share many of Obama's views. On gun control, we dont agree on "assault" weapons. But because I dont agree with him on his assault weapons standpoint, I am not NOT going to vote for him.

But hey, he is increasing his lead over McCain in the states that matter, OH, FL, PA.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081001...18ElEyr3Vh24cA

M2 Carbine 10-01-2008 10:09

Quote:

Is anyone UNDECIDED on the Presidential candidates?
I had decided to vote, but probably for a write in.

I respect McCain but because he will give the illegal aliens amnesty and I believe he will sign any anti gun legislation sent to him, and a few other things, I do not want him to be President.

I think Obama is TOTALLY unqualified to be President and he gives me the creeps. I wouldn't trust him to manage a 7-11 much less the country. He's a TOTAL ZERO. If nothing else, picking Biden for VP shows what a dumb ass Obama is.

Since the Republicans were smart enough to get Palin for VP I'll wote for her. McCain can come along but I don't like it.
I think with four years experience as VP, Palin will be the next, and first woman, President.

meshmdz 10-01-2008 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by M2 Carbine (Post 11382022)
I had decided to vote, but probably for a write in.

I respect McCain but because he will give the illegal aliens amnesty and I believe he will sign any anti gun legislation sent to him, and a few other things, I do not want him to be President.

I think Obama is TOTALLY unqualified to be President and he gives me the creeps. I wouldn't trust him to manage a 7-11 much less the country. He's a TOTAL ZERO. If nothing else, picking Biden for VP shows what a dumb ass Obama is.

Since the Republicans were smart enough to get Palin for VP I'll wote for her. McCain can come along but I don't like it.
I think with four years experience as VP, Palin will be the next, and first woman, President.

A dumbass? Hmmm, Senator Obama is highly educated. Dumbass would entail that he isnt. Now, if you dont like policy, thats one thing. But to call out his intellect because of a choice you dont like is childish.

norton 10-01-2008 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshmdz (Post 11382837)
A dumbass? Hmmm, Senator Obama is highly educated. Dumbass would entail that he isnt. Now, if you dont like policy, thats one thing. But to call out his intellect because of a choice you dont like is childish.

George W. Bush has an MBA from Harvard.
I bet you think he's a dummy, don't you?

meshmdz 10-01-2008 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by norton (Post 11383973)
George W. Bush has an MBA from Harvard.
I bet you think he's a dummy, don't you?

No I dont think President Bush is ignorant. Anyone who has a degree from Harvard is an intellectual. I respect him and his education. However, I dont think he has made good decisions as President. This is not in any way a strike at his intelligence.

TacticalBling 10-02-2008 07:42

meshmdz, it sounds like a one-issue thing, but here's another side to it: How an official feels about 'letting' American citizens own guns is a pretty good litmus test for how that person feels about the people of the Nation.

Does he trust them to make the right decisions overall, and want them to be responsible for themselves and their families' safety?

Or does he think he can save the 'common folk' from their own ignorance and hatred, and be their almighty protector? Does he feel they're just too stupid and irresponsible to own guns?

Or, does he fear what all these bitter people, clinging to guns and religion, would do if they didn't like his 'changes', and actually decided to do something about it?


As to the OP's question:

I'll probably vote third party, out of principle.
I might vote McCain if I see more substantial evidence that his views on things agree with mine.
I'll be damned twice before I vote for Obama.

MRex21 10-02-2008 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Runner (Post 11371915)
I've been reading all the posts around the Obama and McCain and began to wonder...

Is there anyone in this forum that is still undecided?

I think it's pretty much decided. Americans will vote for McCain. Socialists and traitors will vote for Obama.

meshmdz 10-02-2008 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRex21 (Post 11390898)
I think it's pretty much decided. Americans will vote for McCain. Socialists and traitors will vote for Obama.

What an outlandish statement fetched in lunacy.

SDGlock23 10-02-2008 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRex21 (Post 11390898)
I think it's pretty much decided. Americans will vote for McCain. Socialists and traitors will vote for Obama.

+1. Even if Obama keeps gaining in the polls, it could help McCain. People will begin to second guess themselves and wonder whether or not they really want to elect a socialist as POTUS.

MRex21 10-02-2008 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshmdz (Post 11391115)
What an outlandish statement fetched in lunacy.

Let me put it this way. If you vote for Obama, you soil and dishonor everything you claim to stand for as an ROTC cadet.

In fact, I question your cognitive and logical abilities and personally believe you should have been weeded out of the law enforcement testing process as a sub-standard candidate.

Keoking 10-02-2008 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by meshmdz (Post 11391115)
What an outlandish statement fetched in lunacy.

You're clearly missing the boat. The situation is simple. If you are blindly pro-gun, to the exclusion of things that are far more important, then you must always vote Republican. There is clearly no other worthy issue to discuss. The economy revolves around your right to own and carry high capacity large caliber firearms. Taxes too high ... we need less gun control. You want something better for the children ... the answer is more guns. Get on board.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.