Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
Respect the GlockTalk Community
Every community feature on GlockTalk involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and thousands of other users respect that trust. Please be one of them.
1. No illegal content.
2. No foul language. We are trying to maintain a familt environment and such language is not appropriate or necessary. This includes posting curse words that are deliberately misspelled or have special characters inserted in them to avoid the bad word filter.
3. No rude or abusive language allowed, including flame wars. We do not allow GlockTalk to be used to deliberately trash, denigrate, or malign another forum or site. DO NOT drag your board wars over to this site or attempt to use this site as a staging point to start trouble on other sites.
4. GlockTalk is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. Posts with sexually suggestive or explicit content are not allowed. That includes links to sites with such content. Similarly, Cheesecake/Beefcake threads and posts are not allowed here. If you want to look at, or post, pictures of scantily clad women or men, please do so elsewhere. This is not the place for it.
5. Do not post or link to content containing graphic depictions of serious injury or death to people or animals. Any User Submission showing or describing someone or an animal being physically hurt, attacked, or humiliated will not be tolerated on GlockTalk.
6. We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But, we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity). Posts with racist or extremist comments or content are not allowed. This includes links to sites with such content.
7. Posts concerning politics, civil liberties issues, Law Enforcement issues and/or religion should be confined to the forums we have dedicated to those topics. Please do not argue these topics elsewhere on the site.
9. Unsolicited posts by companies and/or individuals promoting themselves, a website, or a product are not allowed. Please email email@example.com for information on how to become a site sponsor.
10. Do not reopen threads pertaining to subjects that have been previously closed.
11. Do not post the same or similar thread in multiple forums. Select the forum best suited for the topic and post it there. Multiple postings with the same subject matter by the same member will not be allowed, and GlockTalk reserves the right to delete or move such postings at its sole discretion.
12. We do not allow anyone to be registered under more than ONE member name. There is absolutely NO reason to have an extra account unless it is used for trolling purposes. If you are found to have more than one account, you will risk losing ALL of your accounts.
13. Avatars of your own choosing are allowed for “Senior Members”, as long as they are tasteful in content, and conform to the rules above. Avatars should be used to express your likes, loves, and individuality, but there are limits. The Administrators and Moderators DO NOT want members using the avatar system to make bigoted personal, religious, or political statements. The avatar may not include scantily-clad, provocative pictures of women/men.
14. Signature lines fall under the same rules as your avatars. If your signature line doesn't meet the above rules, it is not allowed.
15. All the same rules listed above apply to the posting of pictures and videos. This includes content with language that would normally be censored by our bad word filter, if it were typed out. This also includes using videos for self-promotion, whether you are promoting yourself, your products, or your videos themselves.
Everyone is welcome to hang out here and express their opinions, but we expect anyone that chooses to post to do so within the confines of the posting rules above. GlockTalk reserves the right to close, edit, or remove any User Submission, posting, or thread that violates the rules listed here, or for any other reason, at the sole discretion of GlockTalk. Anyone that repeatedly violates the rules will not be allowed to participate here. You can disagree with someone, just do so like an adult.
Above all else, we expect people to be treated with RESPECT!
We Enforce These Guidelines
GlockTalk staff reviews flagged posts to determine whether they violate our Community Guidelines. GlockTalk does not and cannot review all information and materials that may be viewed on the Site. You acknowledge that GlockTalk is acting as a conduit by allowing you to submit and view materials through the Site and is not liable for any contents viewed through the Site. When GlockTalk reviews inappropriate content, GlockTalk removes them if deemed appropriate in its sole and absolute discretion. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and may be terminated in the sole and absolute discretion of GlockTalk. If your account is terminated, you won’t be allowed to create any new accounts.
GlockTalk is for the Community
Remember that this is your community! Each and every user of GlockTalk makes the site what it is, so don't be afraid to dig in and get involved!
1. Have fun with the site. There’s a lot to see here, and lots of folks doing amazing stuff—one of them might be you! Equipment’s getting cheaper and easier to use all the time, so dive in and enjoy.
2. Let folks know what you think. Feedback’s part of the experience, and when done with respect, can be a great way to make friends, share stories, and make your time on GlockTalk richer.
Enjoy this community of Outdoor Enthusiasts!
—The GlockTalk Team