View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 00:13   #17
sharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macintosh#1 View Post
Lone Wolf is excellent for Glocks.
Caswells, see Jackie, everyone else not so good.
Scottsdale Gun Club, pushy salesmen with a mall ninja complex.
Bear arms, kind of obnoxious and too high prices.
Big Bore is the place to go for .45's and 1911 work.
Legendary Guns, grossly overpriced and the sales people are dicks.
Shooters World, not much choice in guns, lots of other stuff.
S&S Firearms, lots of Sigs but the owner is whacky, he ran out into the parking lot and shot at someone who tried to steal a weapon, gave it back, and left. Then the owner shot at his car!!
Glockmeister, new ownership, he will start selling Glocks again soon. Too bad Ben is gone. The new owner is a good guy though. He will get more of my business.
Pistol Parlor. small shop, good prices, staff is grumpy at best.
Shooters Vault, excellent selection, decent prices, friendly staff, probably my favorite place.
I haven't live in Phx for over 12 years now, so I don't hit all the gun stores like I used to....but my observations are these:

Scottsdale Gun Club: I've only been in twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times; great selection, friendly staff, decent prices.

Lone Wolf: Not bad but not that helpful or friendly. Good prices. If I was buying a Glock I know I could walk in there and come out with a good deal, if not the best deal in town.

Legendary Guns: They were nice and they were the only ones to have a FA model 97 in stock when I was looking. Was living in Tucson then, and drove up to pick it up. Looked like they had a nice inventory.

Bear Arms: Not overly friendly, but have good selection of top line stuff. Bought my Wilson CQB-C there. I don't think anyone else in AZ had any Wilson inventory at the time.

Phx Arms ??? I may be saying the wrong name? I used to deal with a guy up on Union Hills around 7th Ave?? Haven't been there for years, but I always liked that place and the friendly people running it. I bought my first P7 there, a 9mm SP-101, as well as my first Benelli shotgun. Are they still around??

Shooter's Vault: Like Macintosh, they are my favorite. I don't think I've even bought a gun from them yet. I bought my Swarovski EL's there and was treated great. I've bought some AR parts and stuff there and other than that, just fondled alot of cool stuff during several repeat visits there and was not made to feel like a loser for my non-purchases.

I live in a smaller town now further north in AZ and there are several gun shops in the area but none that I really like much at all. Most are unfriendly and combine that with a lack of knowledge of the products they are selling. One of the ones with a good selection I have purchased at least 10 guns from, and they still act like they don't know me. You'd think a repeat customer would become someone they were happy to see walk through their front door, but I have yet to experience that.
sharp is offline   Reply With Quote