View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 05:52   #23
Senior Member
deathpriest's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 786

(B7) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?[Back]

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

As a not licensed (an FFL-holder), you can send a handgun via common carrier, not the U.S. mail, and the recipient must be an FFL holder.

Last edited by deathpriest; 04-19-2008 at 06:10.. Reason: Clarification
deathpriest is offline